Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So who becomes the backup QB?

Default So who becomes the backup QB?

We traded for Alex Smith (unless somebody is dumb enough to offer SF a first rounder for him), and i hear that cassel will be cut and that quinn was looking at NY. Stanzi will never be a number 2, so who will be our backup QB? Will some of the better QBs in this draft class be available in the 3rd round? Will we trade up? or will we bring in a bum like Plako and Quinn from free agency?

Tyler Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    We traded for Alex Smith (unless somebody is dumb enough to offer SF a first rounder for him), and i hear that cassel will be cut and that quinn was looking at NY. Stanzi will never be a number 2, so who will be our backup QB? Will some of the better QBs in this draft class be available in the 3rd round? Will we trade up? or will we bring in a bum like Plako and Quinn from free agency?
    I think we'll sign another QB in free agency as well as draft one somewhere in the draft.

Bray or Scott will compete with Stanzi and Alex Tanney
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I thought about Bray, but I don't think he's mobile enough for Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I thought about Bray, but I don't think he's mobile enough for Reid.
    I don't think mobility is a major issue if he was willing to draft Foles.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I don't think mobility is a major issue if he was willing to draft Foles.
    true

I think both Reid and Dorsey have a history of drafting a guy in the middle rounds to use as a backup. I know Reid has a penchant for taking QBs in the 3rd, developing them and then trading them away for a 2nd a couple years later.

I didn't fee like starting another thread but there's an idea I wanted to throw out there.

The Chiefs trade #1 to NYJ who target a QB for #9, #39 and Revis. That puts Revis' value equal to the 12th overall pick in the draft.

Chiefs trade #9 and #39 to St. Louis for #16, #22, and #78.

The Rams get the OT or WR they desperately need at #9.

The Chiefs essentially turn #1 into Revis, 2 1sts, and another 3rd. Two mid first round selections would be exactly where I think the Chiefs should be in this draft. Chiefs still don't have a 2nd round pick, but 2 firsts are better. Chiefs could re-sign Albert, then go DL and WR, ILB, or trade down with #22. They could parlay their #16 pick into a pair of SF picks at #31 and #34. Chiefs could take a TE at #22 and then WR/ILB/DL with the next couple picks in the 30's.

Personally, I'd try to get #22, 31, and 34 and fill the TE position at #22, ILB at #31, and then WR at #34. I like the guys the Chiefs have behind Dorsey and Jackson enough to not worry too much about that spot in the first couple rounds. Bring in Eifert or Ertz, Ogletree, then Margus Hunt or best available WR at #34.

Just thinkin out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I didn't fee like starting another thread but there's an idea I wanted to throw out there.

The Chiefs trade #1 to NYJ who target a QB for #9, #39 and Revis. That puts Revis' value equal to the 12th overall pick in the draft.

Chiefs trade #9 and #39 to St. Louis for #16, #22, and #78.

The Rams get the OT or WR they desperately need at #9.

The Chiefs essentially turn #1 into Revis, 2 1sts, and another 3rd. Two mid first round selections would be exactly where I think the Chiefs should be in this draft. Chiefs still don't have a 2nd round pick, but 2 firsts are better. Chiefs could re-sign Albert, then go DL and WR, ILB, or trade down with #22. They could parlay their #16 pick into a pair of SF picks at #31 and #34. Chiefs could take a TE at #22 and then WR/ILB/DL with the next couple picks in the 30's.

Personally, I'd try to get #22, 31, and 34 and fill the TE position at #22, ILB at #31, and then WR at #34. I like the guys the Chiefs have behind Dorsey and Jackson enough to not worry too much about that spot in the first couple rounds. Bring in Eifert or Ertz, Ogletree, then Margus Hunt or best available WR at #34.

Just thinkin out loud.

I would go along with all that, but the way they are giving up picks they would all be used up for revis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast