Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: man not what i thought.

Default man not what i thought.

the saints stinkin' it up this season

the dolphins possibly goin' 0-fer.

the jets lookin bad.

the lions lookin good.

the titans lookin' like a different team every week.

the afc west being one of the weakest divisions in the league.

the colts after losing to the pats, looking like a regular team.

the patriots looking invincible.

man exactly not what i thought would happen this season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[quote=chief31;53506]I can't argue you on this matter. Except that I hated John Elway for a very long time. He did manage to win some respect back from me though. The way he decided to throw caution to the wind in the Super Bowl, made me soften my hatred for the man.

Other than that, I dislike T.O. and Robert Gaithers (The guy who cheap-shotted Trent Green last season.) And whoever that putz that was *****in' about Trent Green trying to block him earlier this season. (Houston Texans)

But, since Elway, I haven't hated any player for playing too well against the Chiefs.[/quote]

I used to hate Elway with a passion too, but then I realized we probably won't see another like him for awhile. Also, I rooted for a Broncos Super Bowl win in 98 because I was sure that if he won another Super Bowl he would retire while he was still on top.

Also, when DT sacked Elway for his 100th sack, Elway congratulated him while he was still laying on his back. I thought that was pretty classy.
    Last edited by prough91; 12-09-2007 at 06:12 AM. Reason: I thought of something else
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

[quote=prough91;53508]
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Other than that, I dislike T.O. and Robert Gaithers (The guy who cheap-shotted Trent Green last season.) And whoever that putz that was *****in' about Trent Green trying to block him earlier this season. (Houston Texans)
    Romanowski

he's an ***

[quote=Canada;53519]
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post

Romanowski

he's an ***
    Romanowski is case in point why steroids should be made legal for NFL players and MONITORED!!!

Don't hate the player...hate the game. Oh wait, different scenario. Seriously though there are certain players that are just beyond rivarlies and competition and to watch these players is to watch sports history. I am old enough to remember OJ on the gridiron, and as much as he is a creep ('nuff said) he was incredible on the field. As was Montana, Rice, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Elway and Kosar. Okay I'm done dating myself, and tried to leave out some of the guys from the 70's on purpose. So Chiefster, I didn't forget them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Don't hate the player...hate the game. Oh wait, different scenario. Seriously though there are certain players that are just beyond rivarlies and competition and to watch these players is to watch sports history. I am old enough to remember OJ on the gridiron, and as much as he is a creep ('nuff said) he was incredible on the field. As was Montana, Rice, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Elway and Kosar. Okay I'm done dating myself, and tried to leave out some of the guys from the 70's on purpose. So Chiefster, I didn't forget them.
    I loved Drew Careys impression of Bernie Kosar.

He was doing his standup routine in Cleveland and said "Here is my impression of Bernie Kosar getting sacked."

Then he knocked over the microphone stand!

I can't find it on youtube but it was called "Drew Carey: Human Cartoon".

Hilarious stuff.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Barry Sanders was soooo fun to watch.

Barry Sanders was soooo fun to watch.
    And you ain't LION about that!

Seriously though, he was phenominal. :)

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    And you ain't LION about that!

Seriously though, he was phenominal. :)
    You're punny.

Sanders was incredible. This short highlight film shows a couple of his good runs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgn3HgHJJRE"]YouTube - Crank Dat Barry Sanders[/ame]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

You're punny.
    Thank you. I guess when I played football I should have played PUNter instead of right guard. ;)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast