Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Two words Chiefs fans...

Default Two words Chiefs fans...

Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

As bad as I want them to be, my beloved Chiefs team is still not a playoff caliber team. This first loss does not mean that they can't pull it together and make it to the playoffs this year. But, they are still not a powerhouse team that can roll right over anyone they face. It does not matter which players that I or any other fan likes or dislikes, so I do not understand why you all keep beating up on one another about it. The reality is that our team is not a high flying powerhouse team that puts fear in all the other teams mind, no matter how bad I wish for them to be. Our Chiefs team is a young team that might turn into the team we all want them to be, but they are not there yet. We the fans can not change what the cap space is, who the GM is, who the coaches are, or which players we have, so fussing with one another changes nothing. I will always cheer for and hope for my Chiefs team to become the team all fans hope for, which is really all that a true fan can do.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ryfo we are almost dead last spending wise, money isn't the problem. It's a shame we have so much cap room and still can't sign quality depth, even with the salary floor next year.
    You're just looking at this year...I just gave you a concrete example of how if we would have signed Carr, we would have spent 1/3 of our cap money on 4 players NEXT SEASON, that's 2013. It's called foresight.

All I have to say is. One game is not a season. Being a fan is more than one game. Lets just not sell the season short yet, have some faith. We got spanked! Let it go and get ready for the next game! I have faith, we will win or lose, but always I have faith.
    My two words are. Have Faith.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 09-11-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Two words Yoda

special teams
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

yea Yoda...that's a tough deal there---hopefully everyone else is going to have their backup snapper working tomorrow.
    Wow.

and I can't say SD looks like anything more than just above average, like usual... so that's promising lol

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Two words Yoda

special teams
    That post Hue Jackson offense looks pretty scary too...

i've never paid this much attention to him but holy hell carson palmer does not have a strong arm at all.

Really Really Really reminds me of palko's arm. Noodle at best

Slow your roll Chiefs fans.

The Raiders got there A$$ kicked tonight on O. Turn overs, SPT, lack of depth and HORRIBLE play calling on O did them in.

The D improved abd kept the game within reach. But the O sucked A$$. Damn.....DMAC is all world.....but come one....DMAC on everu play!!!???

Who would of thought a long snapper would make such a HUGE difference?

Anyway, time to prep for a very winnable game vs the Dolphins.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Slow your roll Chiefs fans.

The Raiders got there A$$ kicked tonight on O. Turn overs, SPT, lack of depth and HORRIBLE play calling on O did them in.

The D improved abd kept the game within reach. But the O sucked A$$. Damn.....DMAC is all world.....but come one....DMAC on everu play!!!???

Who would of thought a long snapper would make such a HUGE difference?

Anyway, time to prep for a very winnable game vs the Dolphins.
    Your defense definitely kept you in the game and is going to be a tough D to go against. I look forward to playing you guys later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    I would of resigned Brandon Carr, it would of made a world of a difference
    As stated many times in all the Resign Carr thread. Local media has said time an time again that Carr had NO, ZERO, ZILP interest in resigning with the Chiefs. He was going to test Free agency no matter what. He decided this two years ago when Chiefs tried to resign him, just before Flowers got his contract. After Flowers got his contract he knew what he could get on the open market and was going to get it hopefully for a team in the South and a team that played more Man, as opposed to Zone.

This is why the Chiefs went out and Got Routt before Carr even hit Free Agency because he made his intentions clear to the Chiefs and they knew they could not retain him, so they got the next best CB available.

So continue to ingore REALITY and blame Pioli for Being Egotistical Loser who did go out and got a decent replacement.

He can not help the fact that their plans for depth at CB got hurt with J. Brown and Mckenzie.

He went out and got Depth at Safety with Abrams. He can not help that Lewis got hurt and had to use Abrams.

These Quality 3rd string Guys you want, don't exist. They are either starters or back ups and are usually retained by their other team. Finding quality 3rd stringers is trying to catch lightning in a bottle and the Chiefs brought in a lot of DB's this offseason trying to find that guy. So far they have not found that guy.

Give me someone else who you as the Arm Chair GM would have signed.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast