Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm sorry Chiefs fans...

Default I'm sorry Chiefs fans...

I want to start out by saying that I am not a Chiefs fan, but I do have a great respect for the team and Andy Reid. The Chiefs have made it further than anyone could have ever dreamed and they deserve it too. All that aside, with your upcoming game in Denver, I have to voice one concern...

Alex Smith.

Now before you call me a "hater," hear me out. I am a 49ers fan that wanted badly for Alex to do good and when Harbaugh came in, my wishes seemed to come true. The team made it all the way to the NFC Championship game and the Super Bowl was just around the corner. Of course, as you all know, Kyle Williams had something to say about that (2 muffed punts). To me, however, Kyle Williams did not deserve all the blame. Alex Smith was only 1 for 13 on third downs, 1 for 13! Still, all the focus was on Kyle Williams.

The point I am trying to make here is that the Chiefs with Alex might, with enough heart, get past Denver this upcoming Sunday and, down the road they might even win a playoff game with Alex, but the Super Bowl is just not a plausible goal with him. The Chiefs, as far as I can tell, are just like the 2011 49ers, except with a weaker run game. Although Alex Smith might not blatantly lose you a play-off game, he will set you up for a loss. It might be in the form of a fumble from Charles or a muffed punt, after Alex puts the team in that situation by, say, going 1 for 13 on third downs. After the loss, the blame will not be on Alex, but you will know, just like I did 2 years ago, that he is to blame.

I hope I am wrong about this, I really do (You do not know how bad I want to see a 49ers-Chiefs Super Bowl). Still, I know you know, deep down inside, that Alex is a liability.

Again, I am sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by ImJustSaying View Post
    It is clearly stated. The implication is that "mistake-free football" does not automatically translate into production, as is the case with Alex Smith. My original post was clear, you are going to win games with Alex Smith, but Alex Smith is not going to win you games.

And you are in a very small minority if you do not think the QB is the most important position on an offense. There is a reason that the Colts post-Manning and pre-Luck were so horrible. Alex Smith was an upgrade for the Chiefs, I know that, but he cannot get to the big game.
    We will have to agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-11-2013 at 12:39 AM.

It is clearly stated. The implication is that "mistake-free football" does not automatically translate into production, as is the case with Alex Smith. My original post was clear, you are going to win games with Alex Smith, but Alex Smith is not going to win you games.

And you are in a very small minority if you do not think the QB is the most important position on an offense. There is a reason that the Colts post-Manning and pre-Luck were so horrible. Alex Smith was an upgrade for the Chiefs, I know that, but he cannot get to the big game.
    I love how your assuming that the 49ers have a better chance at getting to the Super Bowl because you are just a pro analyst? Our chiefs have a better chance as it stands right now than the 49ers do. Being that we are the division leader and would have first round bye and home field advantage if the season ended today. How's about letting the season play out before you come running your mouth about our team/quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    I love how your assuming that the 49ers have a better chance at getting to the Super Bowl because you are just a pro analyst? Our chiefs have a better chance as it stands right now than the 49ers do. Being that we are the division leader and would have first round bye and home field advantage if the season ended today. How's about letting the season play out before you come running your mouth about our team/quarterback
    I'm good friends with a niners fan from back in high school today he was begging for Alex back LOL. Of course he's the type that says the seasons over after every loss. But it was still funny as hell
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I'm good friends with a niners fan from back in high school today he was begging for Alex back LOL. Of course he's the type that says the seasons over after every loss. But it was still funny as hell
    There is not a shortage of 9ers fans that wish they had Alex Smith back. Alex ain't no Joe Montana, but he's a very good QB.

Still, I know you know, deep down inside, that Alex is a liability.

Again, I am sorry.
    How did 'ol Colin perform for you today? 91 passing yards....just sayin..

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    ...That's NOT what Chiefster is saying. You are taking what Chiefster is telling you and ripping it out of context. Chiefster is telling you the QB, no matter who he is can't do it by himself, which is in no way shape or form saying the QB isn't important....
    Thank you! Perfectly restated!

wow another hater starting drama..sorry kapernick is showing his true colors...lol

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    How did 'ol Colin perform for you today? 91 passing yards....just sayin..
    Against the #1 Scoring D in the league and a bad pass protection line, Boldin shut down and no VD.

Mods, could we please close and lock this thread. This is clearly a dead horse being beaten and it's the same one we've been seeing for months.

Although Alex Smith might not blatantly lose you a play-off game, he will set you up for a loss. It might be in the form of a fumble from Charles or a muffed punt, after Alex puts the team in that situation by, say, going 1 for 13 on third downs. After the loss, the blame will not be on Alex, but you will know, just like I did 2 years ago, that he is to blame.
    Alex Smith is 29-6-1 mark in the last 36 NFL games he's started. Pretty damn good if you ask me!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast