Thread: Will Bears LB Lance Briggs Reach Compromise

Sweets Guest

Default Will Bears LB Lance Briggs Reach Compromise

http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

The clock is ticking for Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who has until 3 p.m. Monday (Central) to sign a long-term contract extension. If no deal is completed -- and little progress has been evident since last year -- NFL rules stipulate that the only deal Briggs can sign is the franchise-tag tender offer of $7.2 million for 2007. One possible compromise: Briggs could agree to sign and play this season in exchange for the Bears' promise not to apply the franchise tag again next year. Otherwise, Briggs' threat to sit out the first 10 games serves only to cost him about $425,000 per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl

The clock is ticking for Bears linebacker Lance Briggs, who has until 3 p.m. Monday (Central) to sign a long-term contract extension. If no deal is completed -- and little progress has been evident since last year -- NFL rules stipulate that the only deal Briggs can sign is the franchise-tag tender offer of $7.2 million for 2007. One possible compromise: Briggs could agree to sign and play this season in exchange for the Bears' promise not to apply the franchise tag again next year. Otherwise, Briggs' threat to sit out the first 10 games serves only to cost him about $425,000 per week.
    The deadline passed with no deal. It looks like the poor guy will have to settle for $7mm this year if he wants to play. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The deadline passed with no deal. It looks like the poor guy will have to settle for $7mm this year if he wants to play. Poor thing.

I feel soooooo bad; my heart just bleeds for him.

Tough break. I think he will play. He may sit-out a few weeks of camp, to make his statement, but will play.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Tough break. I think he will play. He may sit-out a few weeks of camp, to make his statement, but will play.

Heh! He's an idiot.

I heard a guy from Chicago on sports talk radio here in Phoenix talking about Briggs. He said Briggs was ready to sign his $7.2 million dollar deal if the Bears would take the franchise tag off and they said no. Not only are we going to tag you this year, we are going to tag you next year too!!!!! So, now he has said he is definitely willing to sit out the first 10 games of the season!

but with only 7 mil, how will he feed his kids? I think we should start some sort of fundraiser to help him out.

Easy Sprewell.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Easy Sprewell.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    but with only 7 mil, how will he feed his kids? I think we should start some sort of fundraiser to help him out.
    We could get Michael Jackson and a bunch of other music celebs to re-cut We Are the World!