Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's 1st and 10

Default ESPN's 1st and 10

Was watching 1st and 10 this morning and they were talking about the rumored Moss and Culpepper reunion. One of the Two live Stu's bros. suggested that the Chiefs would be a GREAT place for the duo to rekindle their relationship. Wondered what the crowd thought? I personally would do it in a second!!!!!! Moss can only add to our team. ( although I realize the possibility of turmoil in the locker room ) He is still probably the best receiver in the game and to add that type of player to any team would be a good thing. Culpepper has shown some signs of being old and done, not to mention fragile but he can't do any worse that either of the guys we have now. With an improved O line, these two guys would be great additions to this team!!! To bad it will NEVER come to fruition mainly because CP would NEVER spend the money Moss would require. Culpepper would not cost much and I believe he could be a good teacher to a young guy.

lmao!!! I was only joking before, but from what i can tell, you actually posted this with a straight face.

....just another FA junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    lmao!!! I was only joking before, but from what i can tell, you actually posted this with a straight face.

....just another FA junkie.
    Me a FA junkie?

If your suggesting that we don't need help at the WR position, you may need to rethink things! I am not suggesting before O line or even CB but it is a position that needs to be addressed!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Me a FA junkie?

If your suggesting that we don't need help at the WR position, you may need to rethink things! I am not suggesting before O line or even CB but it is a position that needs to be addressed!
    Agreed. We need help in a lot of places. Moss still has it-- he certainly proved it last year. However, I wouldn't give a used stick of gum for Culpepper.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Agreed. We need help in a lot of places. Moss still has it-- he certainly proved it last year. However, I wouldn't give a used stick of gum for Culpepper.
    I know it would be a bit of a risk but he couldn't possibly be any worse than what we have now! As most know, I have no faith in Croyle. Hopefully he proves me wrong but I think this will be a position we will need to address badly next season!

I know it would be a bit of a risk but he couldn't possibly be any worse than what we have now! As most know, I have no faith in Croyle. Hopefully he proves me wrong but I think this will be a position we will need to address badly next season!
    I agree with you on Croyle. I'm galaxies away from being sold on him. He hasn't been impressive by any stretch of the imagination but that's not to say he can't get better. I hope he does and has a good career for himself.

However, from what I saw of Culpepper last season was easily just as dismal as anything Croyle or Huard did. In fact, Huard played better, IMO, than Culpepper did last year. So, I would rather just keep Damon around than even think about signing Culpepper. Though, Daunte's not as far gone as Trent Green, they both need to start thinking about the same thing-- retirement!

I guess what I'm getting around to is that I agree the position will need to be addressed but signing Culpepper will not fix anything and we should just stay away from him unless we want more shoddy and inadequate play from our QB. JMHO

EDIT: The only thing I think Croyle has over Culpepper, is the fact that he's young.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I agree with you on Croyle. I'm galaxies away from being sold on him. He hasn't been impressive by any stretch of the imagination but that's not to say he can't get better. I hope he does and has a good career for himself.

However, from what I saw of Culpepper last season was easily just as dismal as anything Croyle or Huard did. In fact, Huard played better, IMO, than Culpepper did last year. So, I would rather just keep Damon around than even think about signing Culpepper. Though, Daunte's not as far gone as Trent Green, they both need to start thinking about the same thing-- retirement!

I guess what I'm getting around to is that I agree the position will need to be addressed but signing Culpepper will not fix anything and we should just stay away from him unless we want more shoddy and inadequate play from our QB. JMHO

EDIT: The only thing I think Croyle has over Culpepper, is the fact that he's young.
    I agree on Culpepper. I just brought it up for the sake of what the TV show was speaking on. It's probably all moot anyhow being as I really believe that Moss will re up with New England.

I agree on Culpepper. I just brought it up for the sake of what the TV show was speaking on. It's probably all moot anyhow being as I really believe that Moss will re up with New England.
    He probably will. Moss has calmed down a lot since his experience in Oakland and he seems like he just wants to win now. He probably realizes that he has about as good a chance as he will have at it in NE.

PFT:
    We’re picking up preliminary, uncorroborated rumors that receiver Randy Moss has agreed to terms with the Patriots.

Again, this is preliminary. And uncorroborated.

But it’s what we’re hearing from one of our sources. Stay tuned.

Perhaps the news of Ben Roethlisberger’s jaw-dropping deal prompted the Pats to sweeten the pot with Moss having to track down a better offer elsewhere.

Bowe is a #1 reciever and i don't think y'all are giving Webb any credit. The guy barely had any balls thrown to him last season to get into any kind of rythm. I think he could be a #2 reciever. He just needs a shot.

From what i can tell from an organizational stand point, it looks like the Chiefs think the same thing. Don't be shocked to see them take another WR at some point in this draft. I know they have interest in Nelson from KSU. If they have interest in him, i'm sure they have a couple other WRs they like as well.

Moss IS a great WR, but only when he's playing for a great team.

Culpepper would put our organization in an even worse position at QB than it already is. The Chiefs already wasted one year by starting Huard this past season and weren't able to properly evaluate Croyle. If we bring in Culpepper, at the end of next season, we'd still have the same questions about Croyle as we do this season. It's just not a good idea anyway you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    PFT:
    We’re picking up preliminary, uncorroborated rumors that receiver Randy Moss has agreed to terms with the Patriots.

Again, this is preliminary. And uncorroborated.

But it’s what we’re hearing from one of our sources. Stay tuned.

Perhaps the news of Ben Roethlisberger’s jaw-dropping deal prompted the Pats to sweeten the pot with Moss having to track down a better offer elsewhere.

Bowe is a #1 reciever and i don't think y'all are giving Webb any credit. The guy barely had any balls thrown to him last season to get into any kind of rythm. I think he could be a #2 reciever. He just needs a shot.

From what i can tell from an organizational stand point, it looks like the Chiefs think the same thing. Don't be shocked to see them take another WR at some point in this draft. I know they have interest in Nelson from KSU. If they have interest in him, i'm sure they have a couple other WRs they like as well.

Moss IS a great WR, but only when he's playing for a great team.

Culpepper would put our organization in an even worse position at QB than it already is. The Chiefs already wasted one year by starting Huard this past season and weren't able to properly evaluate Croyle. If we bring in Culpepper, at the end of next season, we'd still have the same questions about Croyle as we do this season. It's just not a good idea anyway you look at it.
    Unless he's brought in as a back up. I think he could teach a young guy some valuable lessons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast