Page 233 of 258 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

From what I read here in Europe, UK politics were ready to support Obama but the UK citizens were not. Here in Germany, they didn't support it. I read a good article in the German newspaper how this was a smoke and mirror tactic, but who really knows as none of us are hearing what is really going on. Love kcvet images, goes for all of them no matter what party they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    From what I read here in Europe, UK politics were ready to support Obama but the UK citizens were not. Here in Germany, they didn't support it. I read a good article in the German newspaper how this was a smoke and mirror tactic, but who really knows as none of us are hearing what is really going on. Love kcvet images, goes for all of them no matter what party they are in.
    I would not, at all, be surprised by this.

The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

All the post in this thread have been about politics for the most part. I am making a request to the members that believe in Jesus, to pray for my very best friend from JR high to High School. Pray for peace and comfort for him and his family. Pray for strength needed to for all who fight cancer. Pray that he feels God's loving hands on him and his family, pray that Gods will be done, and if it means he wins his battle to live longer in life to be with his children, or gaining eternal life by Gods grace thru his son Jesus. We do not know how it will end. But God does, so all of you who are Christian, please take a moment and pray for Jim, Tornadospotters best friend. When you do, also consider all those you know who needs your prayers.
    Thank you
    TS

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

All the post in this thread have been about politics for the most part. I am making a request to the members that believe in Jesus, to pray for my very best friend from JR high to High School. Pray for peace and comfort for him and his family. Pray for strength needed to for all who fight cancer. Pray that he feels God's loving hands on him and his family, pray that Gods will be done, and if it means he wins his battle to live longer in life to be with his children, or gaining eternal life by Gods grace thru his son Jesus. We do not know how it will end. But God does, so all of you who are Christian, please take a moment and pray for Jim, Tornadospotters best friend. When you do, also consider all those you know who needs your prayers.
    Thank you
    TS
    consider it done pal. may god's healing hand touch him and all who suffer
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

Thank you
    TS
    Done! My the hands of God who formed our bodies heal your best friend!

Well more than likely, as the Government shuts down, the "Republican" RINOs with tails tucked between their legs will sheepishly whimper as they negotiate the GOP surrender to King Obama and his minions the Democrats. The real losers here are We the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well more than likely, as the Government shuts down, the "Republican" RINOs with tails tucked between their legs will sheepishly whimper as they negotiate the GOP surrender to King Obama and his minions the Democrats. The real losers here are We the People.
    i dunno look at the $$$ we save while they fight it out.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    i dunno look at the $$$ we save while they fight it out.
    They also said sequestration will kill the already bad economy, but it's no worse than it was a year ago and we have reduced the deficit slightly. A large portion of the Federal Government should be shut down, permanently!

The House and Senate agree on funding for everything except Obamacare. Here is a solution that any 10 year old could come up with: Fund everything except Obamacare! That is the only thing they are fighting over. They can continue to fight over it while funding the rest of the Federal Government. But Senate Democrats want to shut down the Government so they can blame Republicans for it. They know that they have a willing accomplice in the national news media who will continue to parrot their version of events and the gullible "low information" voter will eat up whatever they are spoon fed.

Obama says that House Republicans are holding the budget hostage unless they get 100% of their way. Here is the truth: The House has given the Senate 90% of what they want. It is the Senate that is holding the budget hostage unless they get everything they want.

If House Republicans have a backbone (which I doubt) they should stand their ground and get the message out that it is the Senate who shut down the government. They should send continuing resolutions to the Seanate piecemeal. Fund Social Security and let the Senate try to vote no. Fund Medicare, seperately. Same with the VA, HUD, and everything else. That will put the Senate in a position of voting against funding for programs that help the poor and disadvantaged---their core constituency.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    They also said sequestration will kill the already bad economy, but it's no worse than it was a year ago and we have reduced the deficit slightly. A large portion of the Federal Government should be shut down, permanently!

The House and Senate agree on funding for everything except Obamacare. Here is a solution that any 10 year old could come up with: Fund everything except Obamacare! That is the only thing they are fighting over. They can continue to fight over it while funding the rest of the Federal Government. But Senate Democrats want to shut down the Government so they can blame Republicans for it. They know that they have a willing accomplice in the national news media who will continue to parrot their version of events and the gullible "low information" voter will eat up whatever they are spoon fed.

Obama says that House Republicans are holding the budget hostage unless they get 100% of their way. Here is the truth: The House has given the Senate 90% of what they want. It is the Senate that is holding the budget hostage unless they get everything they want.

If House Republicans have a backbone (which I doubt) they should stand their ground and get the message out that it is the Senate who shut down the government. They should send continuing resolutions to the Seanate piecemeal. Fund Social Security and let the Senate try to vote no. Fund Medicare, seperately. Same with the VA, HUD, and everything else. That will put the Senate in a position of voting against funding for programs that help the poor and disadvantaged---their core constituency.
    I absolutely agree! The problem is that the RINO, establishment core of the GOP have resorted to turning their "guns", as it were, on the Tea Party Republicans providing Obama with divided opposition, so why would he even contemplate coming to the table to negotiate ANYTHING?

It is sad that the Americans cannot, nor want to, take care of Americans. This bill was made a couple of years ago now and there was enouh time for the parties to work out the bad parts of this bill out. But the Republicans just wanted to repeal it completely. It is funny here in Europe how Americans do not want Obamacare but want the ACA.