Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting thoughts from ESPN.com....

Default Interesting thoughts from ESPN.com....

The hot seat

Many league observers believe both Edwards and general manager Carl Peterson are on the hot seat. If Peterson, who has been the Chiefs' general manager since 1989, is, so is Edwards. The two are close and are a package deal. Also, whenever a new GM is brought in, the existing coach is often in trouble.

But are Peterson and Edwards really in trouble? The Chiefs did a good job drafting and this is a young roster. Miracles aren't expected. It says here that both Peterson and Edwards will be safe unless absolutely zero progress is made this season. But the whispers are out there and the job security of the GM and coach will be a major theme as the Chiefs head to training camp, fair or not

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Look at it this way: We only need to improve on 4 wins. As long as we get more than 4 victories, CP and Herm won't be going anywhere. If we break .500 and get close to making the playoffs with Brodie under center, we won't even get rid of him.

However, if we win 5 to 7 games, Croyle will take the fall.

If we win fewer than 4 games, then CP and Hermroid will be in a heap of trouble along with the players. Another season like last one and nobody in KC will be safe...
    I still think Herm and CP get a free pass for one more year. They stripped this team team down. Realistically I don't think there is high expectations specially from Clark Hunt.

I think Clark allows them to finish our there contracts. Otherwise they would already be gone and allow a new GM and HC rebuild the team, instead of wasting two years.

Everyone will find someone to blame. I will stick with CP and Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I still think Herm and CP get a free pass for one more year. They stripped this team team down. Realistically I don't think there is high expectations specially from Clark Hunt.

I think Clark allows them to finish our there contracts. Otherwise they would already be gone and allow a new GM and HC rebuild the team, instead of wasting two years.

Everyone will find someone to blame. I will stick with CP and Herm.
    You will stick with CP????????? I'm guessing this is because he has been so productive over the last 20 years? Better yet, how's he been in the last 10 years? I'm gonna go ahead and stick with him too. What the hell, let's re up him and give him a life time contract!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You will stick with CP????????? I'm guessing this is because he has been so productive over the last 20 years? Better yet, how's he been in the last 10 years? I'm gonna go ahead and stick with him too. What the hell, let's re up him and give him a life time contract!!!!!
    Sorry, I meant I will stick with blaming CP and Herm. While others can blame Croyle, or Solari, or Chan etc...

I may be a noob to your forum, but I consider myself a Pro-bowl Free agent to your forum. I just had enought of some BS on my other forum and since the mods, refused to do something about it because he was a long time member, I left.
    Last edited by Seek; 06-19-2008 at 11:02 AM.

Sorry, I meant I will stick with blaming CP and Herm. While others can blame Croyle, or Solari, or Chan etc...

I may be a noob to your forum, but I consider myself a Pro-bowl Free agent to your forum. I just had enought of some BS on my other forum and since the mods, refused to do something about it because he was a long time member, I left.
    Don't mind DH, he hates everything!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I knew what you meant! I agree also cp is to blame for a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I knew what you meant! I agree also cp is to blame for a lot!
    Management, coaches, players....they are all to blame for the last 10 years.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Don't mind DH, he hates everything!!
    DH had a very valid point that I certainly agree with. Being a Noob to this forum, I needed to make myself clear. I am far from being CP or Herm's jock strap. So much so I decided not to renew my season tickets until both are gone.

DH had a very valid point that I certainly agree with. Being a Noob to this forum, I needed to make myself clear. I am far from being CP or Herm's jock strap. So much so I decided not to renew my season tickets until both are gone.
    I dislike CP, I am still undecided on Herm. I don't hate the guy as much as most do. This is Herms year as far as I am concerned. Time to **** or get off the pot. But as far as my dislike for management...I am not going to let them be the cause of me missing games.

Cool!! I see now. I definetly blame CP as he was been the one constant for the last 100 years and still nothing to show for it. Welcome aboard!! Haaa Hhaaaaa LOL!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I dislike CP, I am still undecided on Herm. I don't hate the guy as much as most do. This is Herms year as far as I am concerned. Time to **** or get off the pot. But as far as my dislike for management...I am not going to let them be the cause of me missing games.
    Let me make myself a little more clear. I also have a second child due before year end. So my season ticket budget has better uses than paying to see Herm.

Second, I will still go to the games. I just won't pay for them. I have enough resources that there will be free tickets, which I will use.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast