Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Vs. Eagles - Preseason Week 3 Discussion/Chat Thread

Default Chiefs Vs. Eagles - Preseason Week 3 Discussion/Chat Thread

Thought I would go ahead and make this thread since the game is a little over 2 hours away, also don't forget to bet here before the game starts, betting ends at game time.

Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Philadelphia Eagles - Kansas City Chiefs Forums

Go Chiefs!

Resident Celebrity

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    jamaal charles is fine.

he fumbled ya it sucked. But i wouldnt worry.

Im more worried about Haley giving starting spot to Jones. (ya he's that stupid).

Linebackers were good.

Mcluster and studebaker were awesome.

Im worried about Charles. Last play i saw of him he was limping/skipping off the field.

More doubt about Cassell creeping into my head. He just doesn't have the touch or rainbow to the ball. He just wants to bullet it to everybody. Thats just not going to work.
    I didn't get to see the Charles fumble because the beginning of the game was blacked out at the bar due to cbs having two channels and only showing the chargers in hd -_-. From what I understand it was more a botched handoff from Cassel. Also, Charles looked fine near the end of the game when the Cameras ventured his way, hopefully nothing bad happens when he came down off of his game time rush though.

I agree, aside from a few bad runs and letting Kolb slip right though their hands, getting a first instead of a sack, the linebackers looked decent, but I think the time for the "who's starting?" mind games is over, build a little continuity so you get the most you can out of an otherwise crap front 7.

Thanks Aussie!

Please, we got to think positive.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

CAssell IMO like I have said since day once of aquiring him, is not a starting QB for the NFL. heck he'd get killed in arena league.
    We should have picked up a vetran QB but the managment wont do that cause then they are second guessing thermselves and they are too stubern to do that.
    Our defense played very well after that 1st carru for a TD..that woke em up. It seems every game after they get manhandled for a series thier pride kicks in and they play..(try starting that way).
    O-line did a much better job aside from picking up one or two good blitz'z, Cassell had bookoo time to throw the ball and still couldnt get it done. I believe I am right in saying that Phillies secondary is that spectacular so its either Cassell cant read the field or our WR really suck at routes??

Do we still got Thiggie?
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Do we still got Thiggie?

No he is I believe Miami. I liked Thiggy. We should have made a play for Mcnabb or something. wE have vetrans surrounding almost every position except the QB spot, and that is the most important position on the team.

I think his lack of pocket presence, indecisiveness, and constant brain farts all contribute to this problem of his. Im glad that were not all still blaming the offensive line and WRs for Cassels issues. With that said, hopefully he steps up big this season. We need him to, and he needs to if he wants to stay in KC. After 2010 his contract is basically all paid out..

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    CAssell IMO like I have said since day once of aquiring him, is not a starting QB for the NFL. heck he'd get killed in arena league.
    We should have picked up a vetran QB but the managment wont do that cause then they are second guessing thermselves and they are too stubern to do that.
    Our defense played very well after that 1st carru for a TD..that woke em up. It seems every game after they get manhandled for a series thier pride kicks in and they play..(try starting that way).
    O-line did a much better job aside from picking up one or two good blitz'z, Cassell had bookoo time to throw the ball and still couldnt get it done. I believe I am right in saying that Phillies secondary is that spectacular so its either Cassell cant read the field or our WR really suck at routes??

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    I think his lack of pocket presence, indecisiveness, and constant brain farts all contribute to this problem of his. Im glad that were not all still blaming the offensive line and WRs for Cassels issues. With that said, hopefully he steps up big this season. We need him to, and he needs to if he wants to stay in KC. After 2010 his contract is basically all paid out..

Yea our O-line has been doing much better lately, and I believe once our run game gets going regular season they will look even better like they did in last few games of laast year.
    At this point I cannot make excuse for Cassell yea his balls had some tips and picks in the secondary that wasnt realy his fault , but what the heck is he doing throwing into triploe coverage? Moiaki tipped the ball up while the other reciever stood there doing nothing.
    The flea flicker was a joke IMO. sets up perfectly and he tries to throw a 6 yrd route? come on..

Look at our D line in this game compared to the 1st game. In the first game it looked like our front 3 were just coming off the snap just standing there waiting for the offense to do something, now after the snap they are pushung forward every play, I believe this is because they are building confidense in the LB's. Night and day from the 1st game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Teams don't let top Tier QB's get away in their prime. Easier to say get a decent vet than it is to do it. This team is young, I don't think a short term guy at the end of his career like Brett Favre or Kurt Warner to their teams is the answer. If Cassel has another poor season, I hope we go after Luck or Ponder.

Thanks Aussie!

Problem is that I dont think we will finish bad enough this year to get a top 2 QB pick in the next draft.