Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LJ suspended for week 10 game

Default LJ suspended for week 10 game

Just heard it on the NFL network. The Commish has suspended LJ for the week 10 game. One game not bad.

Lets hope LJ gets his drive back and tears it up after week 10. Hopefully the line will get their act together on the field and make that a remote possibility. That way we will know that he can still be our bruising back and we can keep him, or he will have some trade value.

To be honest, my personal preference is that he stays. But I dont think he will want to with CP as the GM. I am fairly sure he still has it physically, and in the denver game he showed he had the drive. He just needs a line that will keep the d-line from penetrating into the backfield.

Well, I think he should be out for the remainder of the season, better yet, cut from the team.

I don't think LJ will be playing the rest of the season. Just a hunch. But I think they aren't going to play him due to the legal issues and they really don't have much to lose(other than more games, which is inevitable at this point). I think LJ has completely worn out his welcome with the Chiefs. Let's face it, four instances of beating up on women is a PR problem the Chiefs would rather do without.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

The official word is:

Johnson, the NFL said in a statement, had previously violated the NFL Personal Conduct Policy and has since been involved in multiple incidents in which law enforcement was required to intervene.

So if LJ has violated the NFL personal conduct policy, wouldn't that give the chiefs an out to not honorthe rest of his contract? don't you think when the deal was made with LJ tere was something in it that said he would have to abide by the rules of the team and the NFL?

I think the chiefs legal team should get on this, get the team out of this huge contract and then cut LJ loose.

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    The official word is:

Johnson, the NFL said in a statement, had previously violated the NFL Personal Conduct Policy and has since been involved in multiple incidents in which law enforcement was required to intervene.

So if LJ has violated the NFL personal conduct policy, wouldn't that give the chiefs an out to not honorthe rest of his contract? don't you think when the deal was made with LJ tere was something in it that said he would have to abide by the rules of the team and the NFL?

I think the chiefs legal team should get on this, get the team out of this huge contract and then cut LJ loose.
    Nope Atlanta got almost nothing back from Michale Vick.

The NFL has made it a point that NFL teams need to be accountable for signing high risk players. The Chiefs could have also been fined because of LJ's activities, which is one reason I think they are sitting him.

It's my understanding according to Fox news, LJ got 19 million for his contract and his signing bonus, in which case his contract has been broken because of his off field conduct so they say if he is cut at any time because of his conduct, yes, they can recoop most of that money....

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    It's my understanding according to Fox news, LJ got 19 million for his contract and his signing bonus, in which case his contract has been broken because of his off field conduct so they say if he is cut at any time because of his conduct, yes, they can recoop most of that money....
    Well that should be plenty of incentive, to get his st!t a$$ straighten out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JMDChiefs58 View Post
    Just heard it on the NFL network. The Commish has suspended LJ for the week 10 game. One game not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Lets hope LJ gets his drive back and tears it up after week 10. Hopefully the line will get their act together on the field and make that a remote possibility. That way we will know that he can still be our bruising back and we can keep him, or he will have some trade value.

To be honest, my personal preference is that he stays. But I dont think he will want to with CP as the GM. I am fairly sure he still has it physically, and in the denver game he showed he had the drive. He just needs a line that will keep the d-line from penetrating into the backfield.
    I think that the reason he is getting in all this trouble is so the chiefs will get rid of him. I say, let him go. Good riddance!

There has to be some way of wording a contract so that if the chiefs want to get rid of the player the player can't have the say, 19 mil when they aren't playing for the chiefs. There has got to be a way to hold onto at least 99/100 of the money if the player refuses to stay out of trouble.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Just telling you. Atlanta sued Michael Vick and was awarded a very small portion of his signing bonus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast