Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It's time to make a change

Default It's time to make a change

I don't want to hear we have to stay the course and ride through what is developing.

Romeo has failed miserably at being HC/DC. Do what's best for the team and give one or the other up. I'd prefer he stays as DC. If Hunt/Pioli are truly concerned about winning its time to check everyone's ego at the ****ing door and shake this organization up.

I have supported these guys as long as I could and there isn't one good thing that came from today. In time and travel it costs me around $800 to go see a game and I refuse to spend another dime going to Arrowhead until they right this ship. They simply are not providing a product to meet the cost of attending any of their games.

Look at the game tape and everyone that quit on a play today needs to have their *** benched next week. Put Quinn in to start what difference is it going to make, we will be 0-6 at the bye anyway.

I have never been so disappointed in the Chiefs players as I am today, the Gannon/Grbac debockle was the last time I was truly pissed off at this team, but that wasn't the players giving up.

It's time for a change now.

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    Thats not my thought process at all. Your original post seemed to be throwing the entire team under the bus (I read it that way anyways) so I was just defending what we do have. What would you want changed? Sadly, our most controversial positions that are discussed frequently are QB and Coach...you can't win without both of those. I can't imagine starting from scratch again, there are a lot of players on this roster that could easily find starting spot homes somewhere else. What exactly would you change?

Romeo being head coach and defensive coordinator both.

He has failed at doing this and there is still time this year to fix what we have. Put Mo Carthon in charge of the offense and RAC in charge of the defense, job titles are worthless anyway.

I would give the start to Quinn next week, if he somehow does good go with him. (I think Quinn sucks personally) Matt needs to give a better effort, I don't know if he's complacent in knowing he's going to be the starter or what, he needs to be checked.

Make a change at the top and show this group of guys its all about whats best for the team. Just do something, I have sat through three years of waiting for Haleys ideas to blossom that didnt, dont make us wait for a miracle to turn around whats clearly not working this time.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Matt needs to give a better effort, I don't know if he's complacent in knowing he's going to be the starter or what, he needs to be checked.
    I really don't think Cassel's effort is in question. It's his ability (or lack thereof) that has me concerned.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I really don't think Cassel's effort is in question. It's his ability (or lack thereof) that has me concerned.

Pretty much agree with ya there. I'm just trying to say he needs motivated. Like say spend some of that $60 mil he is stealing from us to do something to improve himself, maybe hire Montana as a tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Pretty much agree with ya there. I'm just trying to say he needs motivated. Like say spend some of that $60 mil he is stealing from us to do something to improve himself, maybe hire Montana as a tutor.
    LOL! I hear ya. I'm not sure even a tutor would help Cassel at this point. Either you're good (RG3, Newton), or your not.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    What I would like to do is fire Pioli, Crennel, get rid of Cassel. Bring an entirely different regime to KC. Then we hire Jon Gruden, pick up or trade for a solid veteran and draft a qb so he can learn for a year or two before playing.
    IMO Gruden has far to much of a bro-mance with the raiders to come here.

Romeo was a short term answer at best and always has been prior to the awful start of the season. I'd sure like to see what the long term plan is here because I dont see Pioli leaving anytime soon.

Since Pioli is prob here for the long haul.... As much as I hate to say take HC away from Romeo after just 2 games, I think it's best. He clearly cannot prepare this team and its players for competition in this league. Our players are not performing at the level they should be, and they are unprepared. To me that's the coach!! If you can't motivate and prepare then you aren't doing your job as a coach. We aren't even competing with the teams were playing for a whole 60 minutes, and our players are just quitting on us.
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingTBone View Post
    Since Pioli is prob here for the long haul.... As much as I hate to say take HC away from Romeo after just 2 games, I think it's best. He clearly cannot prepare this team and its players for competition in this league. Our players are not performing at the level they should be, and they are unprepared. To me that's the coach!! If you can't motivate and prepare then you aren't doing your job as a coach. We aren't even competing with the teams were playing for a whole 60 minutes, and our players are just quitting on us.
    I would take the DC role away from him before the Head coach. Changing DC is far less of a change then Head coach. Right now that's the change I want to see the most It was to much for Haley to have 2 roles it's to much for Romeo
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Subversion View Post
    President Obama...is that you?

Why is making changes the fix to everything in this forum?
    Everythings not going our way, lets change it. Great Motto
    What do the top teams have that we don't?
    It starts with a C....
    Consistency!

First we didn't have the talent then we don't have the coaching, next we don't have the cheerleaders?

When you're re-building things just need to fall in place.
    Do I think Crennel was the answer...not in my opinion
    Interim coaches usually don't do so well after being hired and he had a terrible record as a HC anyways.

At this point the team just needs to find their identity and go with it. The next 4 weeks aren't going to come easy.
    Rebuilding? This team on paper is NOW. Its rebuilt. Now the rebuild is misfiring. Every friggin cylinder is misfiring. Change happens NOW or this season is f'ing done. Im tired of looking toward next season by game 3 or 4 of the current season. Get aggressive and chop heads. This isn't just 2 games, the damned preseason looked horrid, too. The writing is on the wall. If we wanna be a cellar dweller, keep that mentality. Whats the worst that could happen by getting aggressive and start solving the headache by chopping off the head? We still suck? Sounds like a low risk chance to me. I would say Scott Pioli is downing his 10th sctch and water and smashing the glasses against the wall. I think crennel has a case of the Herm Edwards. Players love him too much.
    Rant off

I am with Subversion here, for the most part.

Destroying the team after two games is insanity. Crennel was chosen as our HC for the year. He needs to get a grip on this defense and we will be fine.

Consistency is a must. And firing everybody for two ugly games makes no sense.

But at least having all the fit throwing is pleasing MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am with Subversion here, for the most part.

Destroying the team after two games is insanity. Crennel was chosen as our HC for the year. He needs to get a grip on this defense and we will be fine.

Consistency is a must. And firing everybody for two ugly games makes no sense.

But at least having all the fit throwing is pleasing MMO.
    Hey I was gonna support Cassel until he started looking bad. I gave him a freebie last week cause he always sucks with a winning team. No excuse this week, this is a team the Jets ran the score up on... THE JETS!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast