Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Did you go to school with me? Cause that is me to a T while was I school, I was bored and not motivated so I did just enough to get by.
    I doubt it, but I was pretty much the same way. All through grade school and High School there were very few teachers that motivated me to work hard and I could mostly do OK without working hard, so I seldom did.

I see the same thing as a big problem with our Chiefs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I doubt it, but I was pretty much the same way. All through grade school and High School there were very few teachers that motivated me to work hard and I could mostly do OK without working hard, so I seldom did.

I see the same thing as a big problem with our Chiefs right now.
    I agree you 100% about the problem, no one looked motivated last year they were just going through the motions and collecting their check. There were a few that put out the effort but very few.

It looks like you are old school, you have been a Chiefs fan for over 40 years and Willie is your favorite player, so we might have gone to school together in the '50s and 60's

It looks like you are old school, you have been a Chiefs fan for over 40 years and Willie is your favorite player, so we might have gone to school together in the '50s and 60's
    Yeah....Chiefs fan from the late '60s. But always here on the East Coast. Those players were all my heroes. Buchanan, Bell, Podolak, Lanier, Taylor, Stenerud, Dawson and so many more.....It seemed that each and every one of them fully expected himself to win each and every game by himself. It's a team game, but each and every player needs to play as if he thinks the success or failure of the team DEPENDS on him playing BEYOND his capabilities. Playing beyond their capabilities is what the coach and coordinators need to instill in the players.

Sounds like Bob Sutton might be the new DC.

Yeah....Chiefs fan from the late '60s. But always here on the East Coast. Those players were all my heroes. Buchanan, Bell, Podolak, Lanier, Taylor, Stenerud, Dawson and so many more.....It seemed that each and every one of them fully expected himself to win each and every game by himself. It's a team game, but each and every player needs to play as if he thinks the success or failure of the team DEPENDS on him playing BEYOND his capabilities. Playing beyond their capabilities is what the coach and coordinators need to instill in the players.
    Those were the days those players were something special. The player I was impressed with the most was TE Fred Arbanas who was blind in one eye. Can you imagine trying to catch a ball with only one eye, you have no depth perception. He held the Chiefs record for TE for receptions and yards until Tony came along.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    Sounds like Bob Sutton might be the new DC.
    i read that on arrowhead pride, they felt was more than just rumor and that he likes the 3-4 D
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Those were the days those players were something special. The player I was impressed with the most was TE Fred Arbanas who was blind in one eye. Can you imagine trying to catch a ball with only one eye, you have no depth perception. He held the Chiefs record for TE for receptions and yards until Tony came along.
    So many great players from those days! And compared to many of today's "greats" they did it for comparatively little money. And the players then had far greater "team loyalty" than today's players do. It was more fun being a fan of a certain team back then. That's why back then I was both a Chiefs fan and a football fan. Today I pay little attention to football outside of the Chiefs.

But I will go to my grave as a Chiefs fan.

So many great players from those days! And compared to many of today's "greats" they did it for comparatively little money. And the players then had far greater "team loyalty" than today's players do. It was more fun being a fan of a certain team back then. That's why back then I was both a Chiefs fan and a football fan. Today I pay little attention to football outside of the Chiefs.

and they all really hated the raiders too, made for some great games and a really bitter rivalry. how about Podolaks game against the fins, no one ever gave more or had more heart, or EJ Hollup playing w/a broken jaw....had to have a special helmet made. what defenses w/ Lanier, Culp, Lynch, Bell,Bown, Mays Buchannon, Emmit Thomsas, Fred Williamson, johnny Robinson,Marsailis,Kearney derron Cherry just to name a few.
    how about Otis Taylor taking on ben davidson when that dirty #@$%$#@$ speared Lenny in the back well after he was already down.
    Mike Garrett, Robert Holmes, Wendel Hayes,Taylor, Pitts, Mclinton, the Great Lenny Dawson, Ed Budde, Jim Tyrer, Hill, Moorman on offense,
    yeah those were the good old days
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

For me, the best of times was the late 60's and the rivalry between the AFL and NFL. The merger that happened in '66 was a good thing, but the re-alignment of the two leagues into one league in 1970 SUCKED and I hated it then and still don't like it to this day.

Considering that the Chiefs had a 5-2 post season record during the AFL days and have had a 3-12 post season record since the 1970 re-alignment, it becomes easy to understand why I don't like it to this day.

I think part of our problems are the Municipal Stadium jinx the longest game was the last game played at the stadium and our playoff record has suffered ever since. If we could have won that game our playoff record would be better. You do not want to leave a field to go to a new one on a losing note.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast