Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: D*mnit, Thigpen

Default D*mnit, Thigpen

He and the Defense lost us this game. Inadvertly the D did come up with that Ricky Williams fumble.. Then thigpen throws another int.. So I'm off the bandwagon for him the kid is not bright 3 INTS inexcusable

I will not place the blame on Tyler. Even though their last two drives ended in five consecutive incompletions and one interception.

Whomever had the idea of passing on 4th and inches really deserves to be unemployed right now. What ignorant coaching in the fourth half.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherDashing View Post
    I will not place the blame on Tyler. Even though their last two drives ended in five consecutive incompletions and one interception.

Whomever had the idea of passing on 4th and inches really deserves to be unemployed right now. What ignorant coaching in the fourth half.

Can you say "Herm Edwards?"

I watched the game and they said the wind was really bad... how bad is it really? Wish I could come to a Cheifs game, but doubt the wife would let me fly from Germany just for a game.

As for Thigpen, I say he is good. Look at Atlanta, their rookie QB has also hit 3 or more INT in one game too. I know that other QB will be healthy next year, but Thigpen really did well. Besides, my friends and I (we watch the Chiefs every Sunday) think the coaching wants the Cheifs to lose for better draft position... but maybe that is just us with little understanding of the draft....

He was impressive his first couple of games in the spread. Especially for someone who has never started a game. But he never improved from there. I dont know if he doesnt have it in him or if our QB coaches are horrible (probably a little bit of both, I know our QB coach is horrible).

He locks onto receivers, then tries to force it into double, triple coverage. Im starting to think he may not be the QB of next year, let alone the future.

Then again you cannot expect too much success running a spread offense in freezing gusty weather. This is when a dominant O-line and running game is really missed.

You can't put a loss on a quarterback that plays for a 2 win team. He is the only bright light this team has seen all year. Interceptions are something that is going to happen to rookie quarterbacks and it's best he learns from them this year and not next year. After all, Brett Farve threw 17 of them and he made the pro bowl. jk.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    Can you say "Herm Edwards?"
    It wasn't Herm's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    I watched the game and they said the wind was really bad... how bad is it really? Wish I could come to a Cheifs game, but doubt the wife would let me fly from Germany just for a game.

As for Thigpen, I say he is good. Look at Atlanta, their rookie QB has also hit 3 or more INT in one game too. I know that other QB will be healthy next year, but Thigpen really did well. Besides, my friends and I (we watch the Chiefs every Sunday) think the coaching wants the Cheifs to lose for better draft position... but maybe that is just us with little understanding of the draft....
    The Miami win was good for the chiefs, we played some good ball for a little while. I admit that a win for the chiefs would have been nice but hey, we can trade for a worse draft spot if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    He was impressive his first couple of games in the spread. Especially for someone who has never started a game. But he never improved from there. I dont know if he doesnt have it in him or if our QB coaches are horrible (probably a little bit of both, I know our QB coach is horrible).
    He locks onto receivers, then tries to force it into double, triple coverage. Im starting to think he may not be the QB of next year, let alone the future.
    Then again you cannot expect too much success running a spread offense in freezing gusty weather. This is when a dominant O-line and running game is really missed.
    I agree and I don't think that Thiggie should be the starting QB next season, of course you may be right about the QB coach
    Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    You can't put a loss on a quarterback that plays for a 2 win team. He is the only bright light this team has seen all year. Interceptions are something that is going to happen to rookie quarterbacks and it's best he learns from them this year and not next year. After all, Brett Farve threw 17 of them and he made the pro bowl. jk.. haha
    Favre is a all-around sentimental favorite.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Yeah, you can't really blame a quarterback for having a bad game today.

A) Ever tried to throw a football in sub zero temperatures? It's completely different. Your fingers hurt from the cold, or are completely numb. I don't care what kinda heat packs they have. Pennington did better than Thig in this department, but Chad has TONS more experience in this kind of weather than Tyler. He spent a great deal of time in New York, remember?

Anyway, you can't feel your hands, so you can't grip the ball quite the same way. The result is awkward looking lame-duck passes that don't go where they should.

2) 20+ MPH wind gusts. Nuff said.

3) Cold weather makes a football as hard as a rock. This will also affect your grip on the ball, and thus also affect your throws.

4) It's just a wee bit difficult to maintain focus when you're chilled to the bone. Again, something that can be better managed with proper experience in the league.

Take it easy on the guy. He made some good plays too.

Thigpen is the least of our problems right now.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I'm not sure what you expect from a second year QB and first year starter who's only started 10 games. I thought he did okay. He threw 2 TD's, rushed for a TD and had 320 yards passing. Considering what he has to work with and play for(Herm), he's doing well.

Now the defense on the other hand sucked big time. They gave up 403 yards. 170 on the ground and 230 through the air. How Gunther keeps his job next season is beyond me, as I think he will be let go and rightfully so.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast