Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article...

Default Interesting article...

This is a good article I though everyone might enjoy. It also mentions something about Cassel's contract which I wasn't aware of. Drafting Claussen is definitely not out of the picture (don't misunderstand, I didn't say I wanted them to draft him).

How Wiegmann, Jones, and Potentially Lilja Shape the Chiefs' Draft (and What it Could Mean for Matt Cassel) - Arrowhead Pride
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

We not going to draft a Qb this year..atleast maybe not until the end. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up. Oh the Chiefs are going to trade for Brady Quinn, oh the Chiefs are going to draft Jimmy Clausen.

What is next, were going to trade for McNabb?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I don't know why anyone wants another qb. I couldn't be more proud of the toughness that Cassel showed last year. This guy is going to be great imo. Those that disagree are just wrong. J/k

This "opt out" clause changes a lot of things in my opinion. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we draft a Qb this year, whether its 5 overall (please don't do that Pioli) or one of our 5th round picks. No one ever said cassel wasn't tough, but he was the 25th best quarterback last year statistically. If he craps the bed this year, do you honestly think Pioli won't have a bright young qb with a year of learning Haley's/Weis' system under his belt ready to go? Croyle would not be that answer. He's had plenty of opportunities and if he'd made the best of them he would be starting. I honestly see us picking up a qb with one of our 5th rounders. If cassel blows it up this year (which I DO hope he does), then we only used a 5th round pick and have better depth at the qb position than guitierez
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    We not going to draft a Qb this year..atleast maybe not until the end. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up. Oh the Chiefs are going to trade for Brady Quinn, oh the Chiefs are going to draft Jimmy Clausen.

ive heard that one already

oh and mike vick too

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I don't know why anyone wants another qb. I couldn't be more proud of the toughness that Cassel showed last year. This guy is going to be great imo. Those that disagree are just wrong. J/k

Yup! Cassel's number #1, Croyle's #2; I don't see that changing unless they bring in another QB to compete for the number two guy.

Good grief, I am sick of reading articles from numbskulls who think that we are at some point going to draft this hot shot quarterback. Are you guys a bunch of ten year olds?

We have Cassel, even if Cassel improves to 23rd best in the league, he will get another shot. I expect more from him personally once our receivers learn to catch the ball.

Cassel is not a terrible QB, I think he has the potential to lead this team to greatness. I want to see what he can do now with the people he has around him. He was certainly an improvement over Croyle.

Anyone notice we have not resigned Croyle yet? We have Gutierrez, but not Croyle. Croyle is a second round tender right now and no one is picking up on him. Probably he would have been safe as a third round tender.

Anyway, I don't see this as make or break for Cassel, I think ultimately Cassel is our guy for the forseeable future. We have plenty of holes to fill before we need to start thinking QB!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Good grief, I am sick of reading articles from numbskulls who think that we are at some point going to draft this hot shot quarterback. Are you guys a bunch of ten year olds?

We have Cassel, even if Cassel improves to 23rd best in the league, he will get another shot. I expect more from him personally once our receivers learn to catch the ball.

Cassel is not a terrible QB, I think he has the potential to lead this team to greatness. I want to see what he can do now with the people he has around him. He was certainly an improvement over Croyle.

Anyone notice we have not resigned Croyle yet? We have Gutierrez, but not Croyle. Croyle is a second round tender right now and no one is picking up on him. Probably he would have been safe as a third round tender.

Anyway, I don't see this as make or break for Cassel, I think ultimately Cassel is our guy for the forseeable future. We have plenty of holes to fill before we need to start thinking QB!
    Very true. I admit I was not on the Cassel express before last season. He showed toughness I did not think he had(he survived our oline last year!). I do believe we were the #1 spot for dropped passes? I'll look further, but I had read that somewhere. Where would that have put him had some of those very catch able balls been pulled in? You look at some of those stats and not very much separates one guy from the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Yeah, I mean he was playing well its just all the drops. EEEEhhhhh!

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

dude i don't know if ya know but this is a forum, during a off season, were gonna talk about anything and everything, until we can say were contenders year in and year out i say no position is safe yes i love cassel but not enough to say no to any other qb there is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast