Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs in 1st place...but don't try to tell ESPN that!

Default Chiefs in 1st place...but don't try to tell ESPN that!

Last time I checked 3-0 was a half game ahead of 2-0. Here is how ESPN lists the teams on their mobile site:

No respect!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Yeah, this was a guy that benefited from his O-Line getting away with massive holding and illegal chop blocks in '97 and '98 and ran for big yardage, but then in '99 when the Donks were no longer allowed to get away with that, Davis got the living hell beaten out of him and his career was over that year. Davis does NOT rank anywhere among the list of all-time great RB's.
    You forgot to mention leg-whipping, and smearing Jerseys with Vaseline during cold weather games...all courtesy of a line coach by the name of Alex Gibbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    You forgot to mention leg-whipping, and smearing Jerseys with Vaseline during cold weather games...all courtesy of a line coach by the name of Alex Gibbs.
    You are right. That was another facet of why Davis ran for big yardage in '97 and '98.

Alex Gibbs was the Chiefs O-Line coach in '93 and '94 and the Chiefs O-Line never resorted to those type of tactics. Like I said before, the deck was stacked in '97 and '98, to give Elway those two SB's as his going away present because he was never good enough to win one outright on a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You are right. That was another facet of why Davis ran for big yardage in '97 and '98.

Alex Gibbs was the Chiefs O-Line coach in '93 and '94 and the Chiefs O-Line never resorted to those type of tactics. Like I said before, the deck was stacked in '97 and '98, to give Elway those two SB's as his going away present because he was never good enough to win one outright on a level playing field.
    In Joe Phillips' book, "Chief Injustice" he made a quick mention of Alex Gibbs, but then followed up with "...but I don't think Marty let him get away with that stuff in KC.."

The current Broncos are like an ESPN mogul's dream come true. It combines Shannon Sharpe & Tom Jackson's former team with Manning's media hype, and Elway was somehow involved. Can we say commercial airtime sales?

Personally I hope KC doesn't buy into the hype, and stays under the radar. Screw ESPN. Chris Berman or Tom Jackson's blessing won't make any team run faster, tackle better or catch passes. They gotta do that on their own. Chiefs coverage on Metro Sports does a better job anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    Our stats suck. Almost worst in yds allowed rushing passing. We've been lucky
    You are looking at the wrong stats. These are the stats that matter:

Wins: 3
    Losses: 0

Those two stats have nothing to with yards gained or allowed. They are a direct result of these stats:

Points per game: 23.7
    Points allowed per game: 11.3

Those stats are heavily influenced by these stats:

Takeaways: 9
    Giveaways: 0

The Bears beat the Steelers tonight 40-23. The Bears had 258 yds (151 passing); the Steelers had 459 yds (379 passing). Which team would you rather be; the 0-3 Steelers with all the yards or the 3-0 Bears with all the points?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You are looking at the wrong stats. These are the stats that matter:

Wins: 3
    Losses: 0

Those two stats have nothing to with yards gained or allowed. They are a direct result of these stats:

Points per game: 23.7
    Points allowed per game: 11.3

Those stats are heavily influenced by these stats:

Takeaways: 9
    Giveaways: 0

The Bears beat the Steelers tonight 40-23. The Bears had 258 yds (151 passing); the Steelers had 459 yds (379 passing). Which team would you rather be; the 0-3 Steelers with all the yards or the 3-0 Bears with all the points?
    EXACTLY! Back before live streaming and the NFL Sunday Ticket, being an out of area Chiefs fan meant you were largely limited in knowing what happened to the Chiefs to a few highlights during other games and at halftime on Monday night and to looking at the stats in Monday's paper. Can't being to say how many times we won all the stats and still lost the game. Your example of the Bears-Pittsburg game is a perfect example. The Steelers got all the stats and still lost.

I'd surely like to see us be a team that puts up 450 yards per game, but most of all I want us to win. I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day of the week.

hahahahahaha, espn has been **** for years. And stop with the media loves them stuff, they get more money and ratings from manning and the broncos then they do alex smith and the chiefs. Facts don't matter anymore, it's all about ratings, its the reason why when tebow does anything, they'll report it, it's why when the baseball playoff race is heating up (go braves!) they still talk about football in the early weeks of the season (college and NFL), It's the reason why big market cities (Dallas, NY, Chi.) get more coverage and have their own espn page over small market teams. Also teams that are consistent and win playoff games and titles will get more talk. The sooner you learn this and get over it the better. Besides, i don't want the media to talk about us, then all the bandwagon fans will jump on.

And the broncos super bowls in 97 and 98.......i'm over it, it was about 15 years ago. KC just needs to win some.

The video of Reid and Sal Pal at the end of the game pretty much tells how much the Chiefs give a damn what ESPN does. I enjoyed that almost as much as the final score, props to Andy on that.

"Keep walking this palimino guy doesn't matter" Andy Reid

I'm fine with the lack of respect, it just serves to fuel our fire.

+56 differential will do that, just sayin' ;)
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast