Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
Not correct. There is a difference between superstition and simply knowing how something has worked historically. You are calling it superstition because it's not what you want to hear & somebody broke your bubble. Do you really think I like this historical scenario at all? I hate it more any of you combined, and would love nothing more than to see the Chiefs win the opening playoff game if they should beat Oakland on Sunday. Superstition? Bullsh!t !! It's simply knowing what has happened previously and hoping it doesn't happen for a 5th time.

I said they don't need to put all their stock into this game against the Raider and if they don't win, so what? I'd rather have a fully healthy Chiefs squad going into the post season than have key players get KO'd in a meaningless game.
So you have taken a tiny sampple of history from 1 team in the NFL. If this is fact as you seem to think it is, how many teams have gone undefeated at home and won the SuperBowl? If you are going to lecture everyone on how something works historically, how about presenting all the facts instead of some abscure reference about a team in 1971 that did not win a playoff game.

I really don'tcare if its something I don't want to hear and i didn't "burt my bubble" whatever that is supposed to mean.

The funniest part is that you keep saying its a meaningless game but "historically speaking" as someone pointed out. No team has ever won the SuperBowl from the 4th seed. I would think that would make Sundays game very important to someone as superstitous...sorry as attentive to history as you.