Thread: Training Camp reports...

Default Training Camp reports...

Just thought I'd let y'all know that I have several knowledgeable Chiefs friends of yrs. who have been attending training camp most daily. They're not ones to wear Chiefs red colored glasses, will tell it like it is, good or bad. Well, so far everyone is amped up with much excitement, everything they've witnessed at camp is 100% positive! They're all VERY impressed with our Chiefs offense & defense, so much so, for the first time in years they're having Super Bowl visions for our Chiefs!!

I'm planning on attending training camp at least once, waiting for the details on the special training camp for season ticket holders. I can't afford the fuel to go daily, so am being selective with which date I go. Once I return I promise to share photos & details of what I witnessed at camp, for those interested, that is, haha!!

GO CHIEFS!! CHIEFS WILL!! YEEBOWEHAW!!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Great news! and that is without a number of key pickups, and star core players (Breaston, McClain, Gregg, Hali, Carr, Gillberry, Richardson, Wieggmann, etc..)

I think it will be a tough year, but honestly if we can fair well against our tough schedule, we could have a shot. These tough opponents will allow us to gauge where we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Great news! and that is without a number of key pickups, and star core players (Breaston, McClain, Gregg, Hali, Carr, Gillberry, Richardson, Wieggmann, etc..)

I think it will be a tough year, but honestly if we can fair well against our tough schedule, we could have a shot. These tough opponents will allow us to gauge where we are at.
    Well, foolish or not, I don't pay any attention to whether or not a schedule is considered tough by previous season stats. Based upon history, a team which does well one season doesn't always tend to do well the next. There are so many factors that occur between seasons of which stats don't consider. Such as: teams change coaching staffs, GM's, team rosters change as a result of draft, trades, FA. Players are injured from training camp to pre-season to regular season, some severe unfortunately. Bad calls can make a difference in the outcome of a game also.

In any given season, on any given team, on any given game day...anything can go right or wrong in the NFL. There are no guaranteed wins nor losses. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

Im glad we have a tough schedule. We arent slouches anymore. We got two MNF games and a Sunday night games. All will be against big teams. This is the year the Chiefs make believers outta people!! We have all seen it coming, now the rest of the world won't be able to ignore us anymore. A tough schedule just means we will be battle tested going in to the playoffs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, foolish or not, I don't pay any attention to whether or not a schedule is considered tough by previous season stats. Based upon history, a team which does well one season doesn't always tend to do well the next. There are so many factors that occur between seasons of which stats don't consider. Such as: teams change coaching staffs, GM's, team rosters change as a result of draft, trades, FA. Players are injured from training camp to pre-season to regular season, some severe unfortunately. Bad calls can make a difference in the outcome of a game also.

In any given season, on any given team, on any given game day...anything can go right or wrong in the NFL. There are no guaranteed wins nor losses. :)
    While I do tend to agree with your assessment on strength of schedule and how good a team is supposed to be, but a lot of out opponents are the recent Super Powers of the AFC. New England, Pittsburgh, Jets, Green Bay and San Diego. While injuries and roster change may affect one or two of these teams, some of them are going to live up to the hype. That being said, I welcome the challenge. Its time to start our winning ways. Some say you have to lose before you win. We were bad, we got better, this year...WE KICK AS$!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Most coaches will tell you there is no such thing as an "easy" schedule in the NFL. Except for a couple of the very worst and very best teams, there is little difference between a 6-10 and a 10-6 team. It comes down mostly to lucky bounces and injuries. But the good teams tend to generate some of their own "luck" and find ways to win the close games.

I would much rather have the Chiefs play a tough schedule, finish 10-6 and go into the playoffs "battle tested" (like the Packers did last year), than have them coast through the season and get creamed in the first round of the playoffs.

If the Chiefs make the playoffs this year, you will know they deserve to be there and they will have a good chance of winning it all.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Most coaches will tell you there is no such thing as an "easy" schedule in the NFL. Except for a couple of the very worst and very best teams, there is little difference between a 6-10 and a 10-6 team. It comes down mostly to lucky bounces and injuries. But the good teams tend to generate some of their own "luck" and find ways to win the close games.

I would much rather have the Chiefs play a tough schedule, finish 10-6 and go into the playoffs "battle tested" (like the Packers did last year), than have them coast through the season and get creamed in the first round of the playoffs.

If the Chiefs make the playoffs this year, you will know they deserve to be there and they will have a good chance of winning it all.

Agree with this post!

And as far as the tough Schedule, I agree you can't judge based on last year, it's just that a handful of teams that we play this year, have finished in the top half of the league consistently for the past 5 years.

I welcome ANY schedule. We can't be afraid of ANY team anymore if we really want to be winners and get some more Lombardi trophies.

You know who beat Mike Tyson? Guys who walked into the ring and said "I'm not afraid of that guy- I'm going to kick his arse," and believed it in their heart.

New England? Whatever. Pittsburgh? So what. You want to beat us? Let's see how it plays out on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I welcome ANY schedule. We can't be afraid of ANY team anymore if we really want to be winners and get some more Lombardi trophies.

You know who beat Mike Tyson? Guys who walked into the ring and said "I'm not afraid of that guy- I'm going to kick his arse," and believed it in their heart.

New England? Whatever. Pittsburgh? So what. You want to beat us? Let's see how it plays out on the field.
    Good point! If we played the game on paper or with a computer simulation what would be the point?