Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Default Elway's a fool for signing some FA's he has...

Yep, that's right. I think Elway's a fool for signing Ware and Talib in particular. I'm not alone, several pro analyst articles I've read have more or less said the same...the signings were "risky".

I don't know why some Chiefs fans are worried and think the donkey signings were so great. Below is a quote from one pro analyst:

"Ware was just released by the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday afternoon at the official start of the NFL free-agent period: the team didn't want to carry his $16 million salary cap figure for the 2014 season. Ware turns 32 before the start of the season, was hampered by quad injuries and finished with a career low six sacks in a career low 13 games."

I don't know why some think the signing of Talib was all that great, either. The quote below is from another NFL pro analyst giving thoughts on the donkey's latest signings:

"Talib is a risk, too. He's had hip injuries and also incurred some off field issues, which ran him out of Tampa Bay just a few years ago. Plus, last we saw of him he was being taken out in the playoff game by the Bronco' Wes Welker on a play Bill Belichick called one of the dirtiest he had ever seen. Clearly, Talib has forgotten, or was charmed by dollar signs, whatever."

The donkey's signed two injury prone aging players. One of which has had off field issues, too, and another coming off his worst career year ever, and they spent $87 million to sign those two "risky" players. I don't call that making "great" moves on Elway's part, rather, call it foolish.

Elway's ego has more to do with who he's signing than any other factor. He's trying to make a media splash because his ego LOVES the attention, but he's also trying to redeem himself & the franchise after their pathetic humiliating Super Bowl loss. He's really not that smart of a GM.

He's been signing aging injury prone players, including Manning, at the end of their careers chasing one Super Bowl win, that's it. He's trying to build a one year SB winning team. He's not preparing for the future, nor for a team that can compete consistently for consecutive seasons. Hey, maybe it's worth it to some, but I'd rather have a wise GM like Dorsey, who builds more through the draft, homegrown young and healthy players who can compete for years to come, and win consistently and for more than one season. I want a Dorsey & Reid dynasty, like Green Bay & the Pats built...not a one year contender.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Or at least I really hope he was joking LOL
    LOL for peta's sake, I hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Actually, Hemingway has shown some promise in his limited playing time & Jenkins does possess the speed to upgrade the slot receiver position over McCluster who I never believed was the answer at the slot receiver position.
    When it comes to Hemmingway & Jenkins, don't think I've seen enough of either player to really judge. Will say this, when it got down to the end of the last season, their play improved. If it were up to me and had to play a game right now with the current roster, I'd bench Avery in favor of Jenkins. Both Avery and Bowe had way too many drops NOT to expect players coming off the bench for a look.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I understood what you were saying I guess it's a matter of what do you put more stock in a division title or a super bowl title. IMO playing the defending super champs is right up there with a division champ. If you think otherwise then I will just agree to disagree there. I did think that the Ravens should have hosted the opener and still think it's silly that they didn't since they had a ball park full of people watching it on the big screen. But the Ravens would have still had to play Denver in Denver that wouldn't have changed at all. The Ravens would have hosted the opener against someone else not Devner But I will say again IMO the NFL can't sit there and predict what teams are going to be good any given year. The schedule even comes out before the draft has taken place. I just don't think they can stack the deck. Just because a team won the division a year ago doesn't mean they are going to be a top team the fallowing year. As we have seen sometimes a team can go from worst to first. So I just don't think the league can give a team a helping hand with the schedule. You just don't know what teams are going to be good any given year.

And I did call out the refs for the calls Denver got throughout the year. Again I said I agree with you on Denver getting calls. It's just the schedule aspect to it that I think is a reach.
    Really don't understand the surprise or dissmissal of schedule rigging. It's a business. If you want to get rabid NFL fans to part with dollar$, got to come up with matchups that will stir up controversy.

2013 will be known to me as the year of the "no-call". Yes Denver benefitted from it. But the good thing about it is it's the first time I've ever seen the head of officiating give an apology for it (when they failed to call the SD putting too many men on the field during a field goal try). Back in the late nineties, you'd have to wait before the film was developed or look at stillshots from blurry screen videotape cameras to sort out a goofy call; Nowadays the game is captured in HD to the point where you can count the blades of grass, and gets posted onto Youtube and Facebook before you can say "bad call."

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post

Really don't understand the surprise or dissmissal of schedule rigging. It's a business. If you want to get rabid NFL fans to part with dollar$, got to come up with matchups that will stir up controversy.
    Thanks eydugstr,

Just saw this post at NFL.com at this article from a guy named Michael Cross

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...a-very-best-qb

Elway didn't win a Superbowl until he and Terrel Davis illegally parlayed their salary to the following cap year. The Broncos knew he was retiring so they junked the cap...which put them in cap hell when he hung it up. Denver was fined 1 million and docked draft picks. They essentially were playing with talent they couldn't afford. The NFL couldn't just replay the Superbowls.....Their titles should come with an asterisk.

Elway has never won a legitimate Superbowl...so this articles title is no surprise.

And people here act like I'm the only one who touches on the subject.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 03-24-2014 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    LOL for peta's sake, I hope you're right.

When it comes to Hemmingway & Jenkins, don't think I've seen enough of either player to really judge. Will say this, when it got down to the end of the last season, their play improved. If it were up to me and had to play a game right now with the current roster, I'd bench Avery in favor of Jenkins. Both Avery and Bowe had way too many drops NOT to expect players coming off the bench for a look.

2013 will be known to me as the year of the "no-call". Yes Denver benefitted from it. But the good thing about it is it's the first time I've ever seen the head of officiating give an apology for it (when they failed to call the SD putting too many men on the field during a field goal try). Back in the late nineties, you'd have to wait before the film was developed or look at stillshots from blurry screen videotape cameras to sort out a goofy call; Nowadays the game is captured in HD to the point where you can count the blades of grass, and gets posted onto Youtube and Facebook before you can say "bad call."
    That's in a large point what I was saying. They want big match ups throughout the year to get ratings kept up giving them more intrest in the NFL and with that comes more $$$$$. But they like I said don't know what teams are going to be good any given year so they hedge their bets a bit and give you certain match ups later in the year like Brady v. Manning. My only point was that was a $$$ thing and not a thing that the NFL was doing to try to help Denver.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Whoa this therad exploded over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Whoa this therad exploded over the weekend.
    That it did that it did.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Wow this is gonna be a great year huh.. horrible off season so far about the worst in the league. We are already attacking ourselves. Wait till we start 2-6 then it will get crazy in here...oh the Horra!!!!!!

I guess kc is just stupid starting at the top!!! How can team s like donks bad such gave so many super star signings and not be in cap trouble?? We have a qb and rb bad were in the chit pot...poor management bad coaching (obviously) because none want to resign with us or restructure!!! Wake up people.

LOL LOL I see this is still going. ;)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    LOL LOL I see this is still going. ;)
    See all the trouble you stirred up here
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I should get a life, and have my head examined. I just read this entire post desperately searching for so Chiefs news. I was denied.
    Laugh Out Loud. Me, I got up to this post and now my monthly sojourn to my old favorite site is done until sometime in late April, early May perhaps (jk).
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***