Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Smith=Cassel Logic

Default Smith=Cassel Logic

Can some one explain this to me:

"Because there exists a QB who became a worse player after his best season, therefor anyone who had a season comparable to that player's best season must be a bad player."

That's what I'm hearing over and over. Matt Cassel had a good season and then he sucked. We all know that. Why does that have to do with anything else? Does every personnel guy who studies game film have to go, "Wait. This guy had a season who's numbers are comparable to this Matt Cassel guy's numbers from his best season. Hold on. That must mean that this guy is going to become a bad player." Huh? What? Why would Dorsey or Reid care one bit about what happened to one specific guy who has nothing to do with their 2013 KC Chiefs? So this particular guy we're talking about happens to have been a Chief. How does that mean he has some magical ability to rub off his lack of mojo onto some one else any more than anyone else? Why not cherry pick some QB who then went on to be a better player? Who cares about Matt Cassel!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    And yes u found n article that says we have flexibility. But there are also articles declaring Geno not a franchise QB and that Alex Smith is a more than capable QB so.....

Well the cap article is filled with facts. The Geno/Alex Smith article is opinionated. I will say this, right now Alex Smith is the safer pick of the 2, Geno comes witih risk since he has not played a NFL snap but he definitely has a lot more upside compared to Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Really!!!! You bought milk somewhere that cost $26 a gallon??? Our economy really has tanked in the sequester!

Its the fuel charge they are adding to milk these days.

Its the fuel charge they are adding to milk these days.

speaking of cap space, isn't this the year teams have to use 98% of the cap?

Each team is required to spend a minimum of 90% of the cap in cash on player compensation.

Ah ha! Got em signed

Joeckel at $4mill + smith at $8mill + $7mill (Greg Jennings) > Geno at $4mill + Albert at $15 mil. It's not as easy as you think my man Hali. Trust the guy u wanted here in the first place.

So we could of gone Geno/Albert/2nd round pick of 2013/3rd round pick of 2014 (Guessing) vs Alex Smith and Luke Joecke or Shariff Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    So we could of gone Geno/Albert/2nd round pick of 2013/3rd round pick of 2014 (Guessing) vs Alex Smith and Luke Joecke or Shariff Floyd.

Everything I have read does not indicate that we won't draft LT first. Tagging Albert gives us the opportunity to get something for him still. Restructuring Jackson's contract means we aren't going DT first. I don't know about u but do you remember roaf and shields demolishing teams. Why wouldn't we want a line like that. You were wrong about this administration. They like Alex smith for reasons you and I will never know MMH.

Everything I have read does not indicate that we won't draft LT first. Tagging Albert gives us the opportunity to get something for him still. Restructuring Jackson's contract means we aren't going DT first. I don't know about u but do you remember roaf and shields demolishing teams. Why wouldn't we want a line like that. You were wrong about this administration. They like Alex smith for reasons you and I will never know MMH.

No, Alex Smith will be our starter for 1 or 2 seasons, he will not be our franchise guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No, Alex Smith will be our starter for 1 or 2 seasons, he will not be our franchise guy.

That's something that will be determined by how Smith plays if he's only so so then he will not be in KC long. If he plays well and wins games then he will be around longer.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast