Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holmgren 4 Chiefs = Wins

Default Holmgren 4 Chiefs = Wins

Lets Say Herm And Carl Make It Through The 09 Season.wich I Hope They Do Not. Come The 2010 Season Mike Holmgren Could Be A Leading Candidate For The Gm Position Or Head Coach.the Guys Resume Speaks For Itself. He Is An Awesome Coach And Could Bring Us A Lot Of Wins Back To The Great Franchise Known As The Chiefs.he Has Already Said He Will Take The 09 Season Off But Might Come Back In The 2010 Season.i Just Do Not Know If I Could Put Up With These Two Clowns We Have Right Now For That Long

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I wouldn't mind Bill Cowher.
    its not going to happen though somehow these coaches will stick for another year unfortanantly.thus cowher will haved already moved on

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd take an average team in a horrible division too. But typically, the AFC West is usually one of, if not THE toughest division in football. I'd love to compete against the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals year in and year out.
    I don't know how you do it. You have spent alot of time backing Herm Edwards. And bashing Super Bowl champions Holmgren, Vermiel and Cowher.

You have guts. I will grant you that.

I've always regarded Holmgren as a good coach. But with the season the Seahags are having is it possibly indicative that he's starting to be getting out of his prime (if you'll grant that coaches can have a shelf life of performance too). Reason I say, you look at some other coaches who had success like Joe Gibbs and Bill Parcells and then didn't achieve as much in their latest stints. In Gibbs' case a lot of people were saying the game is changed too much from his 80's days and that's why he wasn't as effective this time.

Holmgren doesn't go back as far so that wouldn't be as much a factor. Maybe Holmgen also reminds me too much of Andy Reid with his big size, and Reid is one coach a lot of Philly fans think has tried long enough to get a ring (whereas Holmgren did get one at least, as well as making 2 more I think).

We could do better than Holmgren. Barf.
    I'd take an average team in a horrible division too. But typically, the AFC West is usually one of, if not THE toughest division in football. I'd love to compete against the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals year in and year out.
    the Bears, Vikings and Lions weren't exactly juggernauts when Holmgren was with the Packers. Be honest now.
    Well, you pretty much covered the bases. I guess the only thing I can add is:

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One plus for holmgren is that he is great at developing QBs. Thig (or whomever is still standing on two legs by the 2010 season) may progress well under him.
    But, it is waaaayyy too early for me to pay attention to what might happen in two years. I dont want to have to hold my breath until 2010 and THEN start building towards contention.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    One plus for holmgren is that he is great at developing QBs. Thig (or whomever is still standing on two legs by the 2010 season) may progress well under him.
    But, it is waaaayyy too early for me to pay attention to what might happen in two years. I dont want to have to hold my breath until 2010 and THEN start building towards contention.
    Good point. I hate you.( just kidding )

Another thing to consider is that Holmgren ALSO had some pretty major defense under his command back in the day.
    Who knows? Everything is so uncertain and up in the air in the NFL these days...

Holmgren has guided seattle to an astounding 2-10 record this season. No thanks.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Holmgren has guided seattle to an astounding 2-10 record this season. No thanks.
    Yeah, but he's won six consecutive division titles up until this year (I'm pretty sure it's six, anyway).

They have been plagued by injuries and everybody knows that Holmgren is on his way out. This entire season has felt like the beginning of change in Seattle and change is often ugly in the NFL to start with...

I'm not saying the guy is the greatest coach ever but anybody who wouldn't take Holmgren over Herm is just crazy, IMO.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Yeah, but he's won six consecutive division titles up until this year (I'm pretty sure it's six, anyway).

They have been plagued by injuries and everybody knows that Holmgren is on his way out. This entire season has felt like the beginning of change in Seattle and change is often ugly in the NFL to start with...

I'm not saying the guy is the greatest coach ever but anybody who wouldn't take Holmgren over Herm is just crazy, IMO.
    I just feel we need to move forward and upward. To me Holmgren is more of a lateral move. Maybe the gm/coach thing is wearing on him. 2-10 is 2-10, injuries or not. Its his team, his responsibility. But maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Bring him in as gm maybe. Maybe he can lure Cowher to KC!! But probably won't happen until 2010.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I just feel we need to move forward and upward. To me Holmgren is more of a lateral move. Maybe the gm/coach thing is wearing on him. 2-10 is 2-10, injuries or not. Its his team, his responsibility. But maybe a change of scenery would do him good. Bring him in as gm maybe. Maybe he can lure Cowher to KC!! But probably won't happen until 2010.
    Nope. Probably won't happen anyway. Just a hunch, but I don't think Holgren would really be jumping at an opportunity to come here, anyway.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast