Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Offical Draft day thread

Default Offical Draft day thread

The draft is finally here. It's going to be a fun night to talk some football. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Might get Nick Foles from Philly. I'd take him.

Perhaps it is an underwhelming draft, but watch it turn out to be better than any of Pioli's.

Maybe. I'd say it was right on par with our last few drafts. In fact, outside of the Fisher pick, I'd say this one closely mirrored '09.

Like WOW. I want you all to see this guy, Eric Kush. Does that look like an O-Lineman or what. I have to pull for this guy to stick.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...c-74210a305c4c

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Maybe. I'd say it was right on par with our last few drafts. In fact, outside of the Fisher pick, I'd say this one closely mirrored '09.

ON PAPER, it may mirror the '09 draft. I'll bet against it on the football field. But, we'll see.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Some questionable picks but overall I like more than I hate.

I think Fisher will be a consistent pro bowler for years to come. I also Like the Kelce pick but the Nico Johnson selection is the one that excites me, by all accounts he was a leader at Alabama and great against the rush, will be a productive starter inside.

The only pick I hate is the Knile davis choice and the rest are sort of meh.

A good but not great draft for us in my opinion.

Overall, I like this draft quite a bit better than any of Pioli's, for if Pioli had been handling it, it would have been a LOT worse -- the fact that Pioli projected Joeckel to KC at #1, made me lean a bit more towards Fisher. Who wants Pioli contaminating any more of the Chiefs drafts, in any way?

The Knile Davis pick is a "wait and see" type of pick, but the upside is HUGE if he can stay healthy & get his game back. He could be electrifying and it's been said he's a good pass blocker. And you don't coach 4.35 speed, that he's been said to run.

Terrible draft.

Fisher was an obvious choice, but picking Kelce that high was a head-scratcher, seeing as we already have two capable TEs on the roster. Then we waste another pick on an injury prone fumbler. Only good picks of the draft were Fisher, Nico, and Catapano. That's about it.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Terrible draft.

Fisher was an obvious choice, but picking Kelce that high was a head-scratcher, seeing as we already have two capable TEs on the roster. Then we waste another pick on an injury prone fumbler. Only good picks of the draft were Fisher, Nico, and Catapano. That's about it.
    Moeaki has been about as capable as a wounded duck. He's also in the last year of his rookie contract & it wouldn't surprise me to see him get hurt again & be gone come 2014. Kelce is bigger, runs faster, blocks better & brings a mean streak which is something this team has been sorely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Moeaki has been about as capable as a wounded duck. He's also in the last year of his rookie contract & it wouldn't surprise me to see him get hurt again & be gone come 2014. Kelce is bigger, runs faster, blocks better & brings a mean streak which is something this team has been sorely lacking.
    He'll have to prove it. In 2010, Moeaki was great as a blocker and receiver. He showed flashes of it coming back in 2012, but I agree, he must stay healthy. The reason I don't agree with the Kelce pick is because, if healthy, I trust Moeaki a heck of a lot more than some rookie. Until he unseats Moeaki, we'll have wasted an early 3rd round pick on a backup.

The only obvious starters the Chiefs picked up from this draft are Fisher and Johnson. With the #1 overall pick, that's terrible.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    No corner gave up more first downs than Sean Smith in 12. In fact, no corner gave up more firstdowns and touchdowns combined than sean smith.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...d-cornerbacks/
    is that all you do on here is whine and complain

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    He'll have to prove it. In 2010, Moeaki was great as a blocker and receiver. He showed flashes of it coming back in 2012, but I agree, he must stay healthy. The reason I don't agree with the Kelce pick is because, if healthy, I trust Moeaki a heck of a lot more than some rookie. Until he unseats Moeaki, we'll have wasted an early 3rd round pick on a backup.

The only obvious starters the Chiefs picked up from this draft are Fisher and Johnson. With the #1 overall pick, that's terrible.
    With everything they did in FA and the Alex Smith trade, plus the current holdovers, it was obvious that they weren't going to get 4 or 5 starters in this draft, but rather for the most part, draft BPA for depth. As for a QB, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Foles be the odd man out in Philly and make his way to KC.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 04-27-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Overall not to excited by this draft, given the position we were in, and given some of the players that fell to lower rounds. Fisher's going to be great. After that, well...it's in Dorsey & Reid's hands now. Dorsey needs to get that "Chiefs Kingdom" pen working and get these guys all signed before training camp starts.

Fisher's going to be great. Look forward to the highlight films of him knocking back defenders for Jamaal Charles, who will be in the next county by the time the defender gets back on his feet.