Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Bowe is a stud!

Default Dwayne Bowe is a stud!

From a game while he was at LSU.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jcxc6hcP-g"]YouTube - Dwayne Bowe breaks 3 tackles to get out of bounds[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNm2rFzdvW8"]YouTube - Dwayne Bowe - Not Your Average Reciever[/ame]
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

i love his YAC ........ his yards after catch makes me watch in awe! he makes those defenders miss, and his versatility is just awesome...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Hey man!

Get on the mods to fix the filtering system.

I talked to admin a couple of days ago about removing the filter for a$$ and Dick.

I kept typing p*** and it came back as p***, and it is too hard to keep typing Vermeil, instead of Dick.

Your Signature looks funny that way, don't you think?

He said he did it.
    Yeah, it kinda seems like an overreaction to the recent influx of new members who have had some cussing in their posts. It personally doesn't offend me (I cuss a lot) but I understand that we don't want this to turn into a bunch of ignorant posts laden with f-bombs, etc. The rules are the rules and I try to adhere to them as much as possible. (I do throw a few words out there that may be questionable to some, but I try to hold to the same standards as the FCC... )

If it can be said on regular cable TV or on the radio, it shouldn't be too harsh for internet forums, IMO. Filtering a-s-s out of every word seems a little overboard to me.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Yeah, it kinda seems like an overreaction to the recent influx of new members who have had some cussing in their posts. It personally doesn't offend me (I cuss a lot) but I understand that we don't want this to turn into a bunch of ignorant posts laden with f-bombs, etc. The rules are the rules and I try to adhere to them as much as possible. (I do throw a few words out there that may be questionable to some, but I try to hold to the same standards as the FCC... )

If it can be said on regular cable TV or on the radio, it shouldn't be too harsh for internet forums, IMO. Filtering a-s-s out of every word seems a little overboard to me.
    The list that the mods and admin came up with to filter was a very short list and I think we are being very liberal with what is allowed. It's not an exact science, and as you say "we don't want this to turn into a bunch of ignorant posts laden with f-bombs". Also, people read this at work (I know they shouldn't) and opening a thread filled with obscenity could get a person fired, and kids get on the net as well. Now all this happens in the work place and kids are going to hear worse out in the school yard playground, but they don't have to be exposed to it here.

Now I agree that the words you're speaking of could, as far as I'm concerned be allowed or if possible filtered in a different way; I'm not sure. However, the site has finally grown to an extent that attention to the issue needed to be paid.

On a personal note I like to think that I have a vocabulary extensive enough to be able to string together a series of words in which to form sentences to comprise a paragraph communicating thoughts and opinions without using profanity. But, that's just me.
    :)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 10-03-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The list that the mods and admin came up with to filter was a very short list and I think we are being very liberal with what is allowed. It's not an exact science, and as you say "we don't want this to turn into a bunch of ignorant posts laden with f-bombs". Also, people read this at work (I know they shouldn't) and opening a thread filled with obscenity could get a person fired, and kids get on the net as well. Now all this happens in the work place and kids are going to hear worse out in the school yard playground, but they don't have to be exposed to it here.

Now I agree that the words you're speaking of could, as far as I'm concerned be allowed or if possible filtered in a different way; I'm not sure. However, the site has finally grown to an extent that attention to the issue needed to be paid.

On a personal note I like to think that I have a vocabulary extensive enough to be able to string together a series of words in which to form sentences to comprise a paragraph communicating thoughts and opinions without using profanity. But, that's just me.
    :)
    And me!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

not me!!

.....what are you guys talking about?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

On a personal note I like to think that I have a vocabulary extensive enough to be able to string together a series of words in which to form sentences to comprise a paragraph communicating thoughts and opinions without using profanity. But, that's just me. :)
    Yes, sensei.

On a personal note I like to think that I have a vocabulary extensive enough to be able to string together a series of words in which to form sentences to comprise a paragraph communicating thoughts and opinions without using profanity. But, that's just me. :)
    It's a real chore for me.

Quote Originally Posted by anaeelbackwards View Post
    i love his YAC ........ his yards after catch makes me watch in awe! he makes those defenders miss, and his versatility is just awesome...
    I did that this morning....soooo hungover. I want to sleep
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I did that this morning....soooo hungover. I want to sleep
    Sounds like its time for somebody to hit the water hard and then the coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Sounds like its time for somebody to hit the water hard and then the coffee!
    I had a quick IV this morning when I got to work and the lots of coffee. I still feel like crap. I am gonna go try and nap now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast