Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe?

Default I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe?

Dwayne Bowe's contract ends this season. As of yet there has been no news whatsoever that he and the Chiefs are negotiating a new contract. Do you think the Chiefs will do what they can to keep Bowe? :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    That's just silly. Franchised players gets re signed all the time. Even with the Chiefs.
    Exhibit A: Tamba Hali

First off, I never liked Bowe, he has the worst butter fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    ... I think it would be a big mistake not to resign him, he has been consistent when given the opportunity. The entire offense has been inept this year and that is not D-Bowes fault.
    I agree that this season isn't his fault because they have been rush crazy which is kinda dumb because that makes the chiefs very predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    I agree, we also need a good QB to put all that fire power we have to good use. Cassel is not the man in my book.
    Power? What power?

Quote Originally Posted by nicfre2011 View Post
    That's my fear. We are sitting on around $30 million under the cap right now after signing Flowers and could get a deal done if we wanted to...again, unless Bowe is going to/has asked for the world...or simply is biding his time to leave. I worry that Pioli drafted Baldwin with the idea of replacing Bowe and not the idea of adding another weapon in the passing game to take the pressure off of Bowe.

Maybe Pioli feels Bowe is not one of the "right 53".
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Let's just say that if Bowe had Matt Stafford or Tom Brady throwing to him, he'd probably be putting up Calvin Johnson type numbers.
    Brady is my pick for probowl quarterback, pretty much because he is my favorite. I could care less about the chiefs resigning Bowe. I just don't think he is all that special - so what if he caught a ball or 2? He is not "that" good.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    You may be right but from their perspective, I think it makes more sense to pay him $10 million for one year than to pay him 50 million for a long term contract or lose him on the open market. That way they pay him what he will make anyway and they get to keep him for another year without a long term risk/investment. They have little chance of winning a bidding war for him.

I know they have never done it before but there is first time for everything and this time it might make the most sense.

They could hope to get another Baldwin in next years draft or take a chance on another cheaper free agent, but I have a hunch they will pull out all of the stops to try and field a Superbowl team next year. Remember too, that with the new CBA, next year is the only year that they can carry over this year's unused cap space and add it to next year's spending.
    If they insist on resigning him - make it a short contract; I can see him getting hurt bad and then wanting out. Remember Priest Holmes? I thought he was fab but I didn't like how he decided to retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by okikcfan View Post
    The thing is we really dont know how things are in the locker room or between coach and players well, unless your T.O. Now we have Pioli. I mean I was shocked and pissed each time I turned on the tv and he had traded J.A. and Tony G, and the list goes on. So really who knows. I trust in Pioli but to be honest sometimes he scares the living s#@t outa me on what he's gonna do next. But I do like him and and I hope he keeps Bowe. But again, WR's like big numbers and I hope that Orton can change his mind in that department if he really wants to leave. Go Bowe and Go Chiefs!
    TG had ethics, he gave his all regardless of how bad the team(including Bowe who had a big problem with catching the ball) was playing. Tony always played great, I never got that from Bowe even thow they insisted on throwing the ball to him. I could never figure out why they just didn't slap some stickum on his hands if they "had" to throw the ball to him. I say trade him if he is worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderhater79 View Post
    If they're smart, they'll keep him
    I hope they aren't then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    It's a simple concept...receivers that get a lot of balls thrown their way always lead the league in drops. Everyone thinks Bowe has a drop "problem", probably because they just don't see or notice when other top receivers drop the same routine passes. It's part of the game unfortunately, but saying he has a problem with drops is inaccurate.
    TG never dropped balls as far as I remember, he had hands that grabbed balls that looked uncatchable. I don't know about Bowe, he seemed to drop more than he caught. I never paid much attention to him this season... does the odds switch around? I really don't think so.
    Quote Originally Posted by jb908 View Post
    Good Thread. One additional comment. Everyone notes a history of our GM not to over pay for a wide receiver. I just want to point out, Bowe is in a different situation that anything he ever saw in New England. He was always able to rely on Tom Brady to put the ball where it needed to be for any receiver. Here, we are relying on Bowe to find a way to catch passes, even when they aren't perfect. Bowe is more important here than any receiver was for Pioli in NE. They will do everything in their power to keep him.
    That is possible, I didn't realize he was with the patriots before the chiefs. Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him that he went from a competitive team to a team to little ole KC.... NOT! If he learned anything from playing with Tony Gonzalez, its play ethics and not cheating his employer. But guess what, he didn't learn anything - it went in one ear and out the other. TG spent some extra time with him but it all went to waste. And guess where TG is: he just might get the superbowl ring he has been deserving all these years for his hard work.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

All our wr`s wouldbe better if they had someone who can throw the ball. Draft a QB in he 1st. But the are gun shy since blackledge. No wait, we are talking about bowe, sorry wrong thread.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    TG never dropped balls as far as I remember, he had hands that grabbed balls that looked uncatchable. I don't know about Bowe, he seemed to drop more than he caught. I never paid much attention to him this season... does the odds switch around? I really don't think so.
    That is possible, I didn't realize he was with the patriots before the chiefs. Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him that he went from a competitive team to a team to little ole KC.... NOT! If he learned anything from playing with Tony Gonzalez, its play ethics and not cheating his employer. But guess what, he didn't learn anything - it went in one ear and out the other. TG spent some extra time with him but it all went to waste. And guess where TG is: he just might get the superbowl ring he has been deserving all these years for his hard work.
    If you really think that the Falcons are going to win the superbowl or even have a chance then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    If you really think that the Falcons are going to win the superbowl or even have a chance then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Ok, maybe you are right about the falcons ...
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

The last play tonight is why Pioli will probably franchise him, but only to get a couple draft picks. He is so good at times, then goes back to giving up on plays. In a game this close, we need him more than ever. He let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    The last play tonight is why Pioli will probably franchise him, but only to get a couple draft picks. He is so good at times, then goes back to giving up on plays. In a game this close, we need him more than ever. He let us down.
    that last attempt by Bowe was pathetic and I honestly wouldn't mind if that POS coward was cut tonite.

I will stick up for Bowe. It was a bad throw by a QB that already had 3 turnovers, including 2 interceptions that were POORLY thrown balls. That ball was too high and too far behind Bowe. If he goes for that ball, he's going to get pummeled and probably end up hurt. Would you rather see him attempt to catch an uncatchable ball, or get hurt? I'd rather keep him healthy for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lovenflrefs1 View Post
    I will stick up for Bowe. It was a bad throw by a QB that already had 3 turnovers, including 2 interceptions that were POORLY thrown balls. That ball was too high and too far behind Bowe. If he goes for that ball, he's going to get pummeled and probably end up hurt. Would you rather see him attempt to catch an uncatchable ball, or get hurt? I'd rather keep him healthy for next year.
    My only thought on this is, he is paid to do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    My only thought on this is, he is paid to do his job.
    Exactly

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast