Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Smith doubters

Default To the Smith doubters

I just want to here from you what will qualify as a good year from Smith for you. This mainly goes out to my good buddy MY MAN HALI. Put out there on the table what you will say will be a good year form Smith before the season starts. Lay out what you want to see so we know and can come back at the end of the season and see how he did.

Do try to be fair. Keep in mind that this was a 2 win team a year ago so super bowl or bust might just be a tad unrealistic.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would ask what you base this assertion on but it simply isn't worth it, so never mind. I will say that I think you just might be correct though, Bowe may well not sniff the ball this year but outright devour it.

Simply compare 49er's number 1 WR Michael Crabtree's numbers with both Smith and Kaep:

Crabtree/Kaep- 595 yards 5 touchdowns in 7 games

Crabtree/Smith- 440 yards 3 touchdowns in 8 games

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Simply compare 49er's number 1 WR Michael Crabtree's numbers with both Smith and Kaep:

Yes because we will be running the 49ers offense Not Andy Reids
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yes because we will be running the 49ers offense Not Andy Reids

Crabtree's stats clearly demonstrate that Smith will not throw very much to his number 1 WR.
    Last edited by MyManHali; 08-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Crabtree's stats clearly demonstrate that Smith will not throw very much to his number 1 WR.
    Here's what you leave out because you can never tell the whole story just what suits your opinion Crabtree wasn't a finsished product yet much of the time Smith was there. Year 1 he only played in 11 games. You didn't mention that. And each year as he grew into a NFL player his numbers got better.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Well, I don't know that anything stated here is proof of your before mentioned assertion, but I'll go so far as to give you the benefit of the doubt and simply say that I'll wait until the season is well underway before concluding any inaccuracy thereof.

Here's what you leave out because you can never tell the whole story just what suits your opinion Crabtree wasn't a finsished product yet much of the time Smith was there. Year 1 he only played in 11 games. You didn't mention that. And each year as he grew into a NFL player his numbers got better.

I gave you 2012 stats.

I gave you 2012 stats.
    First off in that stats post your number was off in games it was Smith 9 not 8

But there are a number of reasons that this could be outside Smith just didn't target his number 1 One Mario Manningham missed a few games in the time Kapernick was starting leaving one less WR to take Catches. 2 Vernon Davis just didn't seem to be in tune with Kapernick just yet but got better in the postseason with him. The Chiefs don't have a TE like Vernon Davis to throw to as much though they do have a good group of TEs. Bowe will get his catches The Chiefs would be stupid not to get him the ball relax dude

And you said the same thing about Mccluster and not playing last year he was the 2nd leading wr on the team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

don't get be so concerned with passing yds, WR targets, TD passes etc.... lets just worry about winning games. lots of really good QBs were not at the top of the stat board but won a lot of games. most recently Russell Wilson.....from the past terry bradshaw, bob griese, only had 9 300yd passing games total between them, yet they won super bowls and are in the hall of fame. lets wait until smith has actually played in a couple of real games to see how he does. one offensive series in an exhibition game seems hardly worth the effort to type replies.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

First off in that stats post your number was off in games it was Smith 9 not 8

But there are a number of reasons that this could be outside Smith just didn't target his number 1 One Mario Manningham missed a few games in the time Kapernick was starting leaving one less WR to take Catches. 2 Vernon Davis just didn't seem to be in tune with Kapernick just yet but got better in the postseason with him. The Chiefs don't have a TE like Vernon Davis to throw to as much though they do have a good group of TEs. Bowe will get his catches The Chiefs would be stupid not to get him the ball relax dude

And you said the same thing about Mccluster and not playing last year he was the 2nd leading wr on the team.

I omitted the Rams game because Smith was injured.

No he won't. Smith will rely on his RB and TE for yards.

Last year Smith passed for 174 ypg (7.97 ypa) and had a passer rating of 104.1

Kaepernack passed for 140 ypg (8.32 ypa) and had a passer rating of 98.3

Cassel passed for 200 ypg (6.48 ypa) and had a passer rating of 66.7

What is your point again?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast