Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

Default HC Candidate -- Feedback Wanted

People have said "bring back Marty or Cowher" and made numerous points about this, many well taken.

I offer a 3rd alternative, that if you stop and think about, falls right into line with the requests that have been made for Marty and Cowher and here it is:

Look up north to GB. Who is currently on the GB coaching staff that played under Cowher for many years and possesses Cowher's very same mentality??

Drum roll please.....

KEVIN GREENE

Think that is farfetched? Look down to Miami and how the Dolphins are getting things moving in the right direction under Joe Philbin.

All you can do is give a guy a chance. The same chance that Marty and Cowher got to be HC's.

I really believe that Kevin Greene could very well be the next iteration of Marty, Cowher.

He would not tolerate the loser's mentality that has plagued the Chiefs since 2007.

I'd gladly welcome Cowher. At least he's put together a competitive team and the 3-4 defense is still in vogue.

And unlike Pioli, he's not a p-u-s-s-y about drafting O-Lineman in round 1 if they are needed. His 1st draft pick as HC was Tackle Leon Searcy of Miami in 1992.

Sean Peyton is a free agent at the end of the year......

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Would be nice but I think he will still be with the Saints. But I would love the pick up myself
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Would be nice but I think he will still be with the Saints. But I would love the pick up myself
    Yeah I've read he's already linked to Dallas.....don't the saints have a huge bonus to drew brews that they could waive him similar to Peyton manning in indy.....how sweet would that be Sean and drew.

A man can dream right.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post

Oh yes.....

Would love to have Sean Peyton, but the GM problem needs to be fixed first.

I can't see Peyton being able to co-exist with Pioli. Or any other self-respecting coach for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Would love to have Sean Peyton, but the GM problem needs to be fixed first.

I can't see Peyton being able to co-exist with Pioli. Or any other self-respecting coach for that matter.
    We have the pieces UNLIKE Dallas we just need someone to fix them. I think if we get a good GM we can land S. Peyton. If we get some random guy though I dont think we will do much, we NEED those big name guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post
    We have the pieces UNLIKE Dallas we just need someone to fix them. I think if we get a good GM we can land S. Peyton. If we get some random guy though I dont think we will do much, we NEED those big name guys.

I'm all for that & I see it the same you do. The Chief ( pun intended ) problems are in the front office & coaching staff. Pioli runs the front office like a Nazi concentration camp and the coaching staff consists of Pioli's "hail fuhrer" type guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaNinja View Post

We have no qb, we have no 2nd cb, no cb/lb depth whatsoever, DL looks bad and we need new management.

We have a lot of holes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    We have no qb, we have no 2nd cb, no cb/lb depth whatsoever, DL looks bad and we need new management.

We have a lot of holes to fill.

That's the part that stands out glaringly and here is what is wrong:

1) Drafting 4-3 lineman who played the 4-3 in college ( except Dorsey in 2008 as Chiefs played 4-3 at that time ) in the 1st round and trying to fit them into a 3-4 defense. This is totally ludicrous to spend top draft picks on square pegs and trying to fit them into round holes. Not only is it a waste of a top draft pick, but they pass on players that would stand a better chance at making an impact right away at other positions on the team. Why not shop for D-Lineman in rounds 2 - 7 that have played in the 3-4 in college or get FA D-Lineman that have NFL experience playing in the 3-4? Common sense, I would think.

2) The docile acceptance by too many Chiefs fans to the following line --- "it's the 3-4 D-Lineman's job to occupy blockers and they aren't supposed to get tackles, sacks, and QB pressures". I got news for those that are buying into this --- THAT'S PURE BULLSH!T !! You are buying into Scott Pioli's loser-type mentality !!

People's Exhibit A:
    J.J. Watt down in Houston and his other linemates.
    Justin Smith in SF and his linemates.
    Shaun Smith in KC in 2010 -- he was consistently beating blockers and tackling opposing runners. No Chiefs D-Lineman has played as well as Smith did in 2010 since they switched to the 3-4.

People's Exhibit B:
    The 1990 Chiefs playing 3-4 with Neil Smith, Dan Saleaumua, and Bill Maas manning the D-Line spots. The Chiefs decked opposing QB's 60 times that year with Derrick Thomas getting 20 of those. Do the math -- that means that 40 sacks came from other members of the defense and the D-Line accounted for most of those. Smith, Saleaumua, Maas, and Leonard Griffin were consistently tackling opposing RB's, pressuring opposing QB's, and getting timely QB sacks throughout the 1990 season.

This clearly illustrates the loser-type mentality that Scott Pioli has brought to KC, and yet some fans want to retain him as GM? WAKE UP & RETHINK !! Stop buying into Pioli's loser-type mentality and philosophies & rightfully reject them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast