Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

Default 2 reasons Pioli gets an A+ these past 6 months

1. Making the HC change before the end of last season and announcing RAC as new HC shortly after the end of the season.
    2. Not screwing around with Winston and getting him signed.

The draft remains to be seen but these 2 moves alone will make us a competitive team next year and beyond. Great job.
    SHUT IT

I am more worried about the "perfect" rookie than a rookie that needs to improve. IE Ryan Leaf(the QB/fugitive)... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    I give the Chiefs draft an A+ and I lost all respect for Kiper years ago. This was the same guy hyping up JaMarcus Russell to be a franchise QB back in 2007.

We saw how that worked out, didn't we?

People are too hung up on drafting sexy picks at the top of the draft. That's not what the Chiefs needed coming into this draft. They were long overdue to make a run on some BEEF with their top 3 picks and they did a nice job getting that this year & they did a nice job in rounds 4 through 7, as well. This draft gets an A+ from me, regardless of what Kiper says.
    To be fair I don't think anyone thought he would be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    Uhm, quite a few people thought he'd be a bust. If you watched any of his games you saw he was lazy and used his athletic talent to get by. That's exactly what he tried to do in the NFL and we all saw how it turned out. Anyone that thought he was going to be good only looked at scores on Monday and hyped up his combine numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    From Piolis draft interview I feel the organization did their due diligence on Poe.

The same questions the draft "experts" have on Dontari were addressed by Pioli. The Chiefs went back and looked at every snap he took and determined that on 49% of his plays the ball was released so fast that Poe had a 0% chance of making a play. The same 50% the "experts" say he took off the play the Chiefs did the homework on and formulated a real world statistic.

Don't believe the negative hype, Poe will be a beast. He needs to work on his two technique but what rookie doesn't have something they can improve.
    I'm tentatively giving Pioli a B- on this draft. Poe has a ton of upside and I was completely pissed when they announced the pick. But Poe does have the talent to get there.

The upsides, the Memphis coaching staff moved him around to try and guess where the play was going which meant he had to learn a lot of positions. Here he'll just have one roll to play and a great coach to help him learn so I think he'll start excelling. The guy has a motor and is quick. This will help him do whatever we need him to do. He's insanely strong and when he keeps his pads down even two guys can't stop him.

The downsides, he tends to stand up or get his pads up high which easily lets one defender push him off the ball. I watched several clips (vs Tulane) where one guy got him up high and drove him 3 yards off the line. Then the RB scooted right by him because he didn't disengage. He tries to do a spin move which I hope to God isn't something he does without thinking. In the NFL he'll just be passed off to a C, G or T.

I do have to say that I watched a lot of the game tape he had this last year and they did run away from Poe's position where ever he was. In the Tulane game you can see that they do a LOT of jail break and screen plays to minimize Poe rushing.

The rest of the draft I like save the Donald Stephenson pick. I'm not sure if we'll be using him as a swing tackle or if he's purely depth. If he's depth then I'm not as upset about it. But I hope to all that's holy that he's not a replacement for Albert in case he leaves.

As for the rest of the stuff Pioli has done, A++++++++++!

stephenson i think was picked again for his potential. very quick, athletic, good footwork, but not strong against bull rushes. strength can be gained w/training program. if he adds some weight and gets stronger he may become a pretty good LT.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by KCCF View Post
    eSPN did an article, may have been sports illustrated. Simething about women and scouting. Anyhow it stated that at his pro day he came in chubby and that he made .less than 50% of one throw, thats required by all nfl qbs.

Everyone was in love with his size and how big his hands were they ignored the things he wasnt doing well. Most scouts knew he wasnt gonna make it.

If Matt C has a tough year it will be the end of his tenure in Kansas City. In fairness, this will be the first year he has a decent O Line and tons of weapons, so I do expect him to be much improved. No QB in the league can be very successful with a porous o line and I think people will be surprised at how well Cassel does. It remains to be seen but he has to be excited about this off season.

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    The Chargers pass rusher they got looked like a bad ***.

Its been a solid offseason but no where near an A+

According to you. The man has an opinion and you have yours, so he gives the draft an A+... I'd give it similar. You are an eternal pessimist or from another team.

The Chargers pass rusher they got looked like a bad ***.

Its been a solid offseason but no where near an A+
    This is a Chiefs forum. By looking at your screen name, you should consider going to the Cowboys board - and quickly.
    SHUT IT

Orton played and played well during our biggest win in 20 years against GB.
    But he's gone. He's not a Chief. Biggest win in 20 years? I don't think so.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast