Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to change our tune.

Default Time to change our tune.

I honestly don't know how anybody can blame Huard or the play-calling for the horrible performance yesterday. We opened the game passing and stuck with it pretty much all the way because we had no run game. Passing the ball is the ONLY thing we did even remotely well, yesterday. Huard and mainly Solari have deservedly taken some heat and have both been the source of some well-placed doubts. Again though, they provided the only bright spot for us yesterday at all!

The problem was not only the absolutely disgusting lack of a run game but special teams as well. Far more impactful than the missed field-goal on the first drive, was Eddie Drummond's fear of catching a punt and running with it! We started every drive with horrible field position because he let every punt go and bounce down inside the 10-yard line. Drummond's timidness on punt-returns was unacceptable from a guy we brought in to do this job, specifically.

Another huge contributing factor in our loss yesterday, was Ty Law's inability to cover on third downs. It looked like Law was playing in Greg Robinson's "read and react" style defense when we used to see the Chiefs playing off the recievers so far on third-and-long that a conversion seemed almost inevitable every time. That was the worst coverage I have seen out of any Chiefs' defender this year.

Of course, a lot of the blame for yesterday rides squarely on the shoulders of Larry Johnson and the offensive line. 10 yards rushing at home? I want my money back!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I honestly don't know how anybody can blame Huard or the play-calling for the horrible performance yesterday. We opened the game passing and stuck with it pretty much all the way because we had no run game. Passing the ball is the ONLY thing we did even remotely well, yesterday. Huard and mainly Solari have deservedly taken some heat and have both been the source of some well-placed doubts. Again though, they provided the only bright spot for us yesterday at all!

The problem was not only the absolutely disgusting lack of a run game but special teams as well. Far more impactful than the missed field-goal on the first drive, was Eddie Drummond's fear of catching a punt and running with it! We started every drive with horrible field position because he let every punt go and bounce down inside the 10-yard line. Drummond's timidness on punt-returns was unacceptable from a guy we brought in to do this job, specifically.

Another huge contributing factor in our loss yesterday, was Ty Law's inability to cover on third downs. It looked like Law was playing in Greg Robinson's "read and react" style defense when we used to see the Chiefs playing off the recievers so far on third-and-long that a conversion seemed almost inevitable every time. That was the worst coverage I have seen out of any Chiefs' defender this year.

Of course, a lot of the blame for yesterday rides squarely on the shoulders of Larry Johnson and the offensive line. 10 yards rushing at home? I want my money back!

Put LT behind that line and the outcome would be the same!

Ty Law? I have been complaining about this washed up peice of **** for months! He is done! Terrible! I was hoping someone would beat him out in camp.

I don't think anyone on here has been bashing Huard (I will say that he is scared on the field, as he should be) or his ability to manage a game.

Now I will bash Huard. He was overthrowing receivers badly yesterday.

He made some good plays, and some bad plays.

I just think it is time for a change, and the only thing we can really do it put in someone who touches the ball every play of the offensive game, and it may spark something.

The season is not lost folks. We are tied for second in the division, only a half game behind the hated Raiders.

Unless we do something different this season could get really, really ugly.

I am ready for the future of the team, if that is what Broyle really is.

Let's watch what he can do for about six games, and evaluate him.

If he is not the future, then by all means get someone else in there.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I don't think anyone on here has been bashing Huard (I will say that he is scared on the field, as he should be) or his ability to manage a game.

Now I will bash Huard. He was overthrowing receivers badly yesterday.

He made some good plays, and some bad plays.

I just think it is time for a change, and the only thing we can really do it put in someone who touches the ball every play of the offensive game, and it may spark something.

The season is not lost folks. We are tied for second in the division, only a half game behind the hated Raiders.

Unless we do something different this season could get really, really ugly.

I am ready for the future of the team, if that is what Broyle really is.

Let's watch what he can do for about six games, and evaluate him.

If he is not the future, then by all means get someone else in there.
    With absolutely NO running threat, "Broyle" will be the future of this team for about three snaps, until he is laying on the field in four different pieces. Huard is still playing consistent and we know what to expect from him so we can gameplan around it. There are so many problems on this team right now, we have to work with what we know we have. To throw in an unknown commodity without fixing what is currently wrong is asking for more and far-greater disaster, IMO.

With absolutely NO running threat, "Broyle" will be the future of this team for about three snaps, until he is laying on the field in four different pieces. Huard is still playing consistent and we know what to expect from him so we can gameplan around it. There are so many problems on this team right now, we have to work with what we know we have. To throw in an unknown commodity without fixing what is currently wrong is asking for more and far-greater disaster, IMO.
    The play calling is atrocious and Broyle will suffer just as Huard did.

But just maybe he can avoid the rush and get outside.

I'm not really arguing with you, just stating my opinion.

I know Broyle is young and untested, but you have to admit you like his arm, don't you?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Uh...isn't Huard injured?
    Everything happens for a reason.

Isn't it amazing how we resemble the New York Jets of three years ago.I mean c'mon who really thinks this guy is a great coach. The problem with the running game is three-part in my opinion.

1. Our offensive line stinks. They should pay The 2 Wills to come back and put on a toughness seminar.

2. Larry Johnson is running like a girl!!!!!!

3. Herm and Solari are both idiots when it comes to offensive play calling, and believe me the opponents have figured this out.

I love the Chiefs and it breaks my heart to see this. But the buck stops with herm and it's time for him to fix this. There is plenty of talent on this team to win, just no leadership.

The play calling is atrocious and Broyle will suffer just as Huard did.

But just maybe he can avoid the rush and get outside.

I'm not really arguing with you, just stating my opinion.

I know Broyle is young and untested, but you have to admit you like his arm, don't you?
    I do like his arm but his durability is suspect. He was hurt in high-school, he was hurt in college, and to put him in now is asking for more of the same. What the hell do you want out of the play-calling??? I don't get this. We run and it's bad play-calling. We pass and it's bad play-calling. Is there another way to move the football downfield that I don't know about? We still do a lot of motion and we did a lot of play-fakes yesterday. We are TRYING to confuse defenses but everything is getting sniffed out because we are one-dimensional. Everybody keyed on the run and now know how to stop the Chiefs from running. This gave us a small window of opportunity to get the pass going. With the complete lack of a running game and the pass being our only threat, it's only a matter of time before that stops working too-- much like what we saw yesterday.

I do like his arm but his durability is suspect. He was hurt in high-school, he was hurt in college, and to put him in now is asking for more of the same. What the hell do you want out of the play-calling??? I don't get this. We run and it's bad play-calling. We pass and it's bad play-calling. Is there another way to move the football downfield that I don't know about? We still do a lot of motion and we did a lot of play-fakes yesterday. We are TRYING to confuse defenses but everything is getting sniffed out because we are one-dimensional. Everybody keyed on the run and now know how to stop the Chiefs from running. This gave us a small window of opportunity to get the pass going. With the complete lack of a running game and the pass being our only threat, it's only a matter of time before that stops working too-- much like what we saw yesterday.
    I disagree. If we call more play action passes (I know we started out that way yesterday) it will open up the run because we will have an accurate QB behind the line. NO team respects the Chiefs passing game right now. Huard was being saved by Dbowe and TG. His passes have been terrible for the past two weeks.

Herm gave up yesterday with 6 min to go he punted on 4th and 2 down by 3 scores. I realize we were backed up near our endzone, but if we are relying on our defense that much, then we need trust them to keep it within 3 scores and just let them have a field goal.

The Jags offense was eating up way too much of the clock with their offensive drives. Herm even said post game that he was calling the time outs so that we could see Broyle in the game and get him some time.

He never even thought of trying to comeback and win the game.

I know this isn't really what we were talking about, but maybe if we have a premiere QB in the game it will open up the entire offense.

I don't think that our offense is as bad as it looks.

We just need to come together and play as a team.

I disagree. If we call more play action passes (I know we started out that way yesterday) it will open up the run because we will have an accurate QB behind the line. NO team respects the Chiefs passing game right now. Huard was being saved by Dbowe and TG. His passes have been terrible for the past two weeks.

Herm gave up yesterday with 6 min to go he punted on 4th and 2 down by 3 scores. I realize we were backed up near our endzone, but if we are relying on our defense that much, then we need trust them to keep it within 3 scores and just let them have a field goal.

The Jags offense was eating up way too much of the clock with their offensive drives. Herm even said post game that he was calling the time outs so that we could see Broyle in the game and get him some time.

He never even thought of trying to comeback and win the game.

I know this isn't really what we were talking about, but maybe if we have a premiere QB in the game it will open up the entire offense.

I don't think that our offense is as bad as it looks.

We just need to come together and play as a team.
    The play-action pass is set up by the run. Not the other way around. If you can't get a run game going, the play-fakes will not sell and you will have blitzing defenders mauling your QB because the play-fake takes extra time in the back-field.

Croyle did get a TD yesterday in garbage time but he was throwing passes in the dirt and losing the ball out of his grip. Damon was over 15% better on completion percentage than Croyle yesterday with over three times the amount of attempts. Damon's average was almost two yards higher and his rating was twice as good as Croyle's-- Even with no TD's and a pick. Go ahead and keep telling me that Croyle needs to start and I'll keep calling whoever says it crazy.

The only way Croyle should get on the field at this point is if Huard is hurt and that's it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast