Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's the coaching stupid...

Default It's the coaching stupid...

Haley is a failed experiment and it needs to stop asap. How many times do we need to see this team show up COMPLETELY unprepared before people begin to realize it's not ALL on the players? I see so much complaining about Cassel and NOTHING about Haley... it's baffling to me. The guy starts out 0-2 in BLOWOUTS to coaches who use to be with the organization and ultimately goes 0-3. Then, he wins a couple games against 2 of the worst teams in the league and pulls one off against a Raiders team who didn't have a QB and suddenly he's getting a pass!

Losses AT HOME to an 0-7 Miami team and a Denver team with possibly the worst QB in the league who only completed 2 passes is inexcusable. This team is NEVER prepared. It showed in preseason and the first 3 games of the season and has now reared its head again these past 2 weeks.

I saw nothing but excuses for this team for the Miami loss. Almost EVERY team has to play on Monday night!! That's no excuse for getting blown the #uck out by an 0-7 team at home. Guess what, it's about to happen again against a better Pittsburgh team after the monday night game at New England.

What kills me is that now with Cassel having surgery on his hand, there's going to be all this BS defense of Haley that he's lost so many of his starters to injury. It doesn't matter who he's lost. The fact that the Chiefs can't be competitive has nothing to do with losing starters. Yeah, you may lose games because of that, but not being at least competitive and prepared week in and week out lays squarely on the head coach. If you can't figure out that Denver is going to run the ball and do something to prevent it, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!!

It's painfully obvious that the Chiefs can't circle any one game on their remaining schedule and say, "we have a GOOD chance to win this game." In fact, you probably saw the Chiefs last win 2 weeks ago against San Diego.

Todd Haley is 3 years into his tenure here in Kansas City... he owns this. There's no more passing the buck off onto the previous regime. It's YOUR fault this team isn't prepared to compete. It's YOUR fault the offense isn't performing under your leadership. No magical beard is going to hide the fact that you are NOT a head coach. When your QB is yelling at you on the sideline that, "you don't know what the #uck you're talking about," it's probably not a good sign.

The failure isn't all on Haley. It lies on Pioli that he can't recognize how epically Haley has failed at his job. Again, this isn't about losing... this is about the manner in which this team is losing. There's no excuse for the way this team has performed since preseason and I hope that while getting completely disemboweled over the next 5 weeks, Todd Haley gets exposed for the fraud of a head coach that he truly is.

Go back to coaching golf. I hear Tiger needs some help.

I agree as I have been stating the amount of blow out losses 2 of them at home 1 to a winless team is just not getting the job done. And the fact that we didn't stack the box to stop the run yesterday was just AWFUL.

All in all Haley has had to deal with injuries and does deserve a little bit of a break for some of the things that has happened. But he has far passed that little break. We just need to get through this season then look for a proven winner. It's tough to do I no that it's going to be yet anther set back but given what we have seen this year I don't think we can keep going much more. Things just are not working out.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

2 of those players that just happened to get hurt were top 100 players in the league... Not only that but they are PLAYMAKERS and GAME BREAKERS.... Those guys are special.... And thats not easy to replace.. And the 3rd was coming off a great rookie season. So yeah, IMO, those excuses count and when they did happen i knew we were in for a toilet bowl of a season and you gotta be kiddin me if you didn't think the same.... I'm not trying to say that haley is god but you should look at the whole situation... Take into consideration all the turnover on the offensive coaching too....

Yes, a horrible Miami team that won again this weekend. Also a horrible Denver team that now has the same record as us. I didn't hear to much complaining from you when Haley was coaching the Chiefs to division champs. Now that Cassel is on the sidelines in jumps I'm sure those that stood up for Cassel's play will jump in and make sure they yell loudly how our backups suck so horribly and Cassel is the savior and we should have seen that earlier.

If you're gonna give Cassel a pass week in and week out you have to give Haley a pass too. I'm not a big Haley fan right now either but I'm not calling for his head right now. I really wish he'd realize that he needs to have the OC duties handled by someone and not even get a chance to do anything other than what a HC does. Last year when all he had was HC duties he was a lot better at...well everything really. If Haley wants to handle OC duties then fine, be a OC and not a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Haley is a failed experiment and it needs to stop asap. How many times do we need to see this team show up COMPLETELY unprepared before people begin to realize it's not ALL on the players? I see so much complaining about Cassel and NOTHING about Haley... it's baffling to me. The guy starts out 0-2 in BLOWOUTS to coaches who use to be with the organization and ultimately goes 0-3. Then, he wins a couple games against 2 of the worst teams in the league and pulls one off against a Raiders team who didn't have a QB and suddenly he's getting a pass!

Losses AT HOME to an 0-7 Miami team and a Denver team with possibly the worst QB in the league who only completed 2 passes is inexcusable. This team is NEVER prepared. It showed in preseason and the first 3 games of the season and has now reared its head again these past 2 weeks.

I saw nothing but excuses for this team for the Miami loss. Almost EVERY team has to play on Monday night!! That's no excuse for getting blown the #uck out by an 0-7 team at home. Guess what, it's about to happen again against a better Pittsburgh team after the monday night game at New England.

What kills me is that now with Cassel having surgery on his hand, there's going to be all this BS defense of Haley that he's lost so many of his starters to injury. It doesn't matter who he's lost. The fact that the Chiefs can't be competitive has nothing to do with losing starters. Yeah, you may lose games because of that, but not being at least competitive and prepared week in and week out lays squarely on the head coach. If you can't figure out that Denver is going to run the ball and do something to prevent it, THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG!!

It's painfully obvious that the Chiefs can't circle any one game on their remaining schedule and say, "we have a GOOD chance to win this game." In fact, you probably saw the Chiefs last win 2 weeks ago against San Diego.

Todd Haley is 3 years into his tenure here in Kansas City... he owns this. There's no more passing the buck off onto the previous regime. It's YOUR fault this team isn't prepared to compete. It's YOUR fault the offense isn't performing under your leadership. No magical beard is going to hide the fact that you are NOT a head coach. When your QB is yelling at you on the sideline that, "you don't know what the #uck you're talking about," it's probably not a good sign.

The failure isn't all on Haley. It lies on Pioli that he can't recognize how epically Haley has failed at his job. Again, this isn't about losing... this is about the manner in which this team is losing. There's no excuse for the way this team has performed since preseason and I hope that while getting completely disemboweled over the next 5 weeks, Todd Haley gets exposed for the fraud of a head coach that he truly is.

Go back to coaching golf. I hear Tiger needs some help.
    ^^^^^^^^ABSOLUTLEY AGREE ^^^^^^^^

We, or I give rookie players 4 seasons to prove up, are you a NFL Player, and are you a Chief! Same should be for the Coaching staff. I not against or for the current Coaching staff. That is what Clark and Scott need to be evaluating.

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    2 of those players that just happened to get hurt were top 100 players in the league... Not only that but they are PLAYMAKERS and GAME BREAKERS.... Those guys are special.... And thats not easy to replace.. And the 3rd was coming off a great rookie season. So yeah, IMO, those excuses count and when they did happen i knew we were in for a toilet bowl of a season and you gotta be kiddin me if you didn't think the same.... I'm not trying to say that haley is god but you should look at the whole situation... Take into consideration all the turnover on the offensive coaching too.... (common theme in the Haley era... wouldn't you say? We had THE EXACT SAME TURNOVER last season... not an excuse.)
    Those players undoubtedly can make a difference in a win or loss. However, the team is failing on a total scale. Those 3 players wouldn't have made the difference in any of the losses the Chiefs had this season except for this past Sunday. It takes a team effort to win games in the NFL... not just a couple players. The Chiefs as a whole aren't competitive enough for those 3 players to have been the difference makers... THAT'S the problem. If the Chiefs were at THE VERY LEAST competitive and showed competency during these losses, then yeah, I'd back off Haley a little.

This is catastrophic failure. These are not borderline losses. What makes it look even worse is that the team doesn't look like it has given up. The defense especially looks like they're flying around and trying to make plays. I'm not so much worried about the defense as I am about the absolute failure of the offense and the overall approach by the team each week. Every loss they've taken this year, the team looks like it's taken completely off guard by what they're seeing. The game planning is atrocious and the team looks completely despondent.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Yes, a horrible Miami team that won again this weekend.

(...against a horrible Washington team)

Also a horrible Denver team that now has the same record as us.

(the team isn't horrible... the QB is horrible. read carefully now... and saying that Denver has the same record as the Chiefs as if that helps your argument is comical since I'm saying the Chiefs are a horrible team. Just because Denver has the same record as a team they just beat doesn't make them a good team. lol Also, don't forget they lost their first two RBs as well.)

I didn't hear to much complaining from you when Haley was coaching the Chiefs to division champs.

(Well, again, that's because you weren't reading carefully enough. Ask anyone here and they'll tell you I've been against Haley since he was hired. Last year was fool's gold and looks like you fell for it. It's amazing what a last place schedule will do for ya.)

Now that Cassel is on the sidelines in jumps I'm sure those that stood up for Cassel's play will jump in and make sure they yell loudly how our backups suck so horribly and Cassel is the savior and we should have seen that earlier.

(I doubt that. Cassel was fools gold as well.)

If you're gonna give Cassel a pass week in and week out you have to give Haley a pass too. I'm not a big Haley fan right now either but I'm not calling for his head right now. I really wish he'd realize that he needs to have the OC duties handled by someone and not even get a chance to do anything other than what a HC does. Last year when all he had was HC duties he was a lot better at...well everything really. If Haley wants to handle OC duties then fine, be a OC and not a HC.

(I haven't given a Cassel a pass since his first season. He's nothing but a career backup. He's not the future for the Chiefs and is just another failure by the general manager. However, good point on Haley. It's exactly the same thing that I've been saying since he was hired. In fact, I praised him for bringing in Weiss last year. But in another epic failure on his part, he can't keep good coaches around him to help out on the offensive side. Weiss wanted away from Haley so bad, he left his buddies Pioli and Crennel to go coach with a staff he has no relationship with.

If you think this is the first time I've brought this argument up, go put my name in the database and you'll see all my posts about dear leader. There's a common theme, I promise. Haley's failure as a head coach began immediately after he was hired and blunder after blunder after blunder have gone by with excuse after excuse. He's 3 years in and STILL failing on a massive level. This Chiefs team finally has the talent to expect a competitive team on the field week in and week out no matter WHO is hurt. The Chiefs only have one player missing from their defense. There's no reason why they shouldn't be playing at a top 10 level like they were last season.

The offense under Haley is micromanaged and without direction. There's NO EXCUSE for the play to run through 3 headsets before it gets to the QB. Absolutely pathetic! The position is too big for Haley and he should go back to either position coaching or asst. OC. He's not ready to lead a football team and it's painfully obvious to anyone with any football sense... which is making me start to wonder about Pioli.)
    Last edited by texaschief; 11-15-2011 at 02:54 AM.

I agree with TexasChief in this situation. However, I have not liked Cassel since he signed with the Chiefs, and the same goes for Haley. I don't like the fact that you throw all this money at a former back-up QB that shined because he was playing on a GREAT team; that New England team was a complete team and would have won another Super Bowl if we hadn't of hurt Brady. Ironically enough, we wouldn't even be discussing this issue if that had not of happened.

As it has been proven with other coordinators, you can't just expect them to be able to be a head coach. Look at Gunther Cunningham: great defensive coordinator, whom they give the head coaching job too, which he failed at, and then they let him go, but later hired him again, and yet fired him AGAIN a few years later. If they want the Chiefs to succeed in the future, I suggest demoting Haley back to what he does best: coaching offense only. Pioli is competent enough to go out and find a good head coach, that is actually experienced, and I think that's what they need to do.

Yes, losing top tier players hurts, but you can blame that on the players and the NFL because of the lockout.

There should be an obvious direction... even to the average fan, in which direction the team is being directed...

Look at the good/great teams of this past decade. You KNOW what the team philosophy is. You KNOW what direction they are going with their team. You KNOW what the culture is and the leadership is absolute. With the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, etc, you know that if their team can execute "X, Y, and Z," that they've got a pretty good shot at winning that night. You KNOW who their play makers are and who leads that team.

Does ANYONE know what the Kansas City Chiefs are? We almost established some kind of identity last season with a running game... but that's all shot now for whatever reason. It's not like the Chiefs are void of talent in the backfield with Thomas, Battle, and McClain back there. They can still be a power running team. This team is absolutely void of direction and leadership. PERIOD.

It amazes me that more people don't have the same feeling that I have about this team.

Nice attempt to spin the issue OPlkn. No one has given Cassel a pass, because he hasn't needed a pass. He has had some bad games, but they have been few. You and others like you love to blame him because the line collapses and runners run into a brick wall at the line and because receivers drop good passes. Basically, you guys are so blind to the game that you can only focus on the one guy who, despite a terrible team around him, has done some great things, like get us to the playoffs. No one with any objectivity and basic knowledge of football could look at this team and say Cassel was the problem.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast