Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If this WR is there at #23.......

Default If this WR is there at #23.......

....then for all those wanting a WR to be drafted at #23, you have to seriously consider this guy, if he's there at #23. You can't coach 4.33 speed and this guy can play in the slot or outside and could force opposing teams to keep a Safety deep at all times. Great character guy who's never missed a game on any level & if he plays in the NFL like he did in college, then he'll add an explosive element to the Chiefs receiving corp that Dex couldn't add. And yes, he can return kicks.

Sam Mellinger of the KC Star has projected the Chiefs to take him at #23 & if we remember what Dorsey said about taking the "best player who is the best fit for the Chiefs", then this guy fits that bill.

There are varying perspectives, of course, on who the Chiefs should take with their top draft pick, but one thing to remember is that the Chiefs most likely won't be able to cover all bases in the 2014 draft and I personally believe it's going to take a combination of this 2014 draft and the 2015 draft to get this team over the hump. With that said, I have to keep an open mind to an explosive play-maker like this guy that has the potential to not only be a game-changer but a season changer, as well. No hero-worship involved with considering this guy. It clearly comes from a football standpoint.

Watch the vid below and post your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Benjamin, to me, doesn't seem like a good fit for Reid's Offense and may be another Baldwin.
    I agree... but if for some reason he falls to the 4-5 round it is a shot I would be willing to take. We wouldnt be wasting a 1st rounder on him like we did with Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortnem View Post
    I agree... but if for some reason he falls to the 4-5 round it is a shot I would be willing to take. We wouldnt be wasting a 1st rounder on him like we did with Baldwin.
    I suppose 4th or 5th round, I'd take a shot at Benjamin, as well, but even as a UDFA, I still don't think he'd last very long or fit into Reid's Offense.

Getting back to Brandin Cooks, I know that people have concerns about his size, but we saw a WR of the exact same size named Doug Baldwin have a field day against the Donkeys in the Super Bowl.

Benjamin, to me, doesn't seem like a good fit for Reid's Offense and may be another Baldwin.
    Granted...there's some truth their about being KJ another Baldwin, wouldn't waste a 1st or even a 3rd on the guy.

The reason why I'm toying with the idea, is that when Reid was building Philly with McNabb, everyone complained they needed a big physical WR to really take off. They signed TO, and although they didn't win it, they made it to the big dance. TO was a free agent with an ego the size of the moon, but still think that the idea of having a big physical WR to balance out the speedier ones would give our opponents something to really struggle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The reason why I'm toying with the idea, is that when Reid was building Philly with McNabb, everyone complained they needed a big physical WR to really take off. They signed TO, and although they didn't win it, they made it to the big dance. TO was a free agent with an ego the size of the moon, but still think that the idea of having a big physical WR to balance out the speedier ones would give our opponents something to really struggle with.
    Some might argue that description almost fits a guy the Chiefs already have..............Bowe.

Although, Bowe doesn't have quite the fat head that TO had. Well, at least not 1/2 as fat as TO.

Some might argue that description almost fits a guy the Chiefs already have..............Bowe.

Although, Bowe doesn't have quite the fat head that TO had. Well, at least not 1/2 as fat as TO.
    I'd absolutely love it if Bowe would just cut his drops in half and be a reliable reciever. Going from Brian Daboll's offense to Andy Reid's must've been like going from wood shop to physics class. And no, he most certainly does not have an ego like TO's by any stretch!

This is EXACTLY the problem. Bowe is supposed to be that big, physical WR that can battle anybody out there for possession of the ball.

I didn't see it last year.

He's going to cost us $12 million this year. If he doesn't turn into a star this year then he needs to go.

Cutting him for 2015 would free up $3.5 million in cap space and if Bowe is not living up to his money then there are certainly going to be players that deserve and want that $3.5 mill more Bowe does.

If Bowe doesn't come up HUGE this year then I say he's not worth pishing on if his hair is on fire.

I really like Beckham. Once he ran a sub 4.4 I knew chances of drafting him became nil.
    ...in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
    I really like Beckham. Once he ran a sub 4.4 I knew chances of drafting him became nil.
    Beckham is a good prospect, but I believe Cooks is a better fit. Don't be deceived by Cooks size, as he has nearly 10-inch size hands & he threw up the 225 lb benchpress bar twice as many tines as Beckham did.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234