Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamaal Charles - Best RB in the NFL

Default Jamaal Charles - Best RB in the NFL

Here's a great article I came across on nflminds.blogspot.com. It makes a great case for Jamaal Charles being the best RB in the NFL. Here's the link:

NFL Minds Blog: Jamaal Charles: Best RB in NFL?

Anyway, do you agree that Charles is the best RB in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Hmmm....last year...silver&black seem to be his kryptonite.

But in all seriousness, Charles as the #1 back in the NFL is very debatable. To be honest, he is a top 5 back, then again the "top 5 backs" is more of a toss us as far as who is clearly #1. They are all great players, but at the moment non are SUPER STARS. I include DMC in that group.
    I agree with this when it gets to top 5 your really just spliting hairs.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

When I think of super star RB, Marcus Allen, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, and of course the top dog Jim Brown come to mind. Adrian Peterson has the making of Super Star but it has not come into fruition.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

When I think of super star RB, Marcus Allen, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, and of course the top dog Jim Brown come to mind. Adrian Peterson has the making of Super Star but it has not come into fruition.
    ...Marshal Faulk, Tony Dorsett, Jerome Bettis???

Fualk, Dorsett yes. Bettis as a super star....I am on the fence with that one....same with Emitt Smith.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Fualk, Dorsett yes. Bettis as a super star....I am on the fence with that one....same with Emitt Smith.
    Emmit is defently someone I saw as a star. Bettis not so much IMO.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Bettis , Faulk and Dorsett had virtually the same number of years in their careers Bettis=13,66yds. 91 td's Faulk= 12,279yds. 100 td's Dorsett=12,739yds. 77 td's
    gotta go with Chiefster on this. Maybe not flashy- but ground and pound Bettis was a bruiser.

I think Terrell Davis was definitely a super star. He may not have had a long career thanks to injuries, but there haven't been many RBs to put up the numbers he did.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Bettis , Faulk and Dorsett had virtually the same number of years in their careers Bettis=13,66yds. 91 td's Faulk= 12,279yds. 100 td's Dorsett=12,739yds. 77 td's
    gotta go with Chiefster on this. Maybe not flashy- but ground and pound Bettis was a bruiser.
    I am here too.

Bettis is getting a raw deal here. No doubting that he was a feature back on a very good Steelers team for many years. And that's a team that was heavily dependent upon their running game.

As for Charles, the only missing element from Charles' all-around game is his ability to "handle the load".

Not so much that he can't do it. But more that you have to question his ability to do it, because it has yet to be seen for a season.

I think this exact feature may well have cost us our playoff game against The Ravens.

We quit giving him the football, despite the fact that he was owning The Ravens' defense, and despite the fact that our passing game was destroying us.

It's pretty hard to think that Charles was at 100% in the second half.

But if, after another year or two, he is showing durability like we need, and still able to do what he has been doing....

Yeah. He will go to the top of the list, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    I think Terrell Davis was definitely a super star. He may not have had a long career thanks to injuries, but there haven't been many RBs to put up the numbers he did.
    TD did put up some spectacular numbers and he did have the 2,000 yard season. The one thing going against TD is that during that time, it did not matter who Denver put in the back field, the RB put up big numbers. For me, the last super star RB, the kind that a fan from any team would buy tickets to watch was Barry Sanders.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Thumbs up

Jamaal Charles... J.C.

His name alone carries the weight of greatness to my ear. I'm with what chief31 said earlier for the most part.

I love Jamaal Charles... he is to be the man...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12