Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Game 9 thoughts

Default Game 9 thoughts

Going into the bye this game shows there is a TON to work on

The good

The defense getting scores That's what won the game it's pretty simple But that's the only good I can think of from this game outside of the fact that it was a win. That feels again like a loss in some ways

But 9-0 got to be happy with that a winning season secured going into the bye week

The Bad

The offense was HORRIBLE mistakes from all involed Smith Bowe Mccluster the Playcalling was Horrible how can a team with Charles have a 25 to 7 pass to run difference? That's not putting the offense in a spot to do well. It hurt the offense and that has to go on Reid as he is the playcaller. He can't just not run the football. But the offense still made mistakes on plays they should have made It was a horrible showing for the offense

The defense allowed way to many long drives and runs. They were very lucky they were able to get the turnovers. And The Bills to made some mistakes with some drops. VERY lucky indeed. Even on the Pick 6 the Bills had a guy wide open in the endzone. This is one that the Chiefs were very lucky to win

Overall This team found a way to win yet again. That's what good teams do. But now it's going to get a whole lot harder Denver is coming up and the offense is going to have to start showing up. The bye weeks gives them time to work on what they need to work on and that's a lot lets hope they get it done.

BRING ON THE DONKEYS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Coming into this game buffalo's defense was ranked 2nd behind the chiefs if I can recall. We put together a tough win against a team that is almost a mirror image of us. Our defense held their team to 13 points. Nothing to be ashamed of. They have a probowl caliber back that didn't get into the end zone much either
    Last edited by Justin5772002; 11-03-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Nice info .. you are correct their D was number 2

Do take note that once again Alex Smith did NOT turn the ball over to the Bills ( almost, but Fisher recovered his fumble ).

If there was one game that I had thought the Chiefs might get victimized by a rash of turnovers, then I figured it would be this game at Buffalo.
    Last edited by brdempsey69; 11-03-2013 at 06:43 PM.

You guys are the most depressing bunch of fans of an undefeated team in the history of the NFL. The Saints lost to the Jets. the Seahawks are losing to the Bucs, and the Patriots are tied with the Steelers. And you guys are whining. 9-0. Enjoy. Start complaining the first time we get blown out. This could be a charmed team of destiny. Or not. We have at least two more weeks to bask in undefeatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin5772002 View Post
    Coming into this game buffalo's defense was ranked 2nd behind the chiefs if I can recall. We put together a tough win against a team that is almost a mirror image of us. Our defense held their team to 13 points. Nothing to be ashamed of. They have a probowl caliber back that didn't get into the end zone much either
    Thats a very good point. Our D did bend a lot, but it only broke (for a TD) once, and we came up with the turnovers at just the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by NJChiefs View Post
    You guys are the most depressing bunch of fans of an undefeated team in the history of the NFL. The Saints lost to the Jets. the Seahawks are losing to the Bucs, and the Patriots are tied with the Steelers. And you guys are whining. 9-0. Enjoy. Start complaining the first time we get blown out. This could be a charmed team of destiny. Or not. We have at least two more weeks to bask in undefeatedness.
    If you think people here are whining then do yourself a favor and dont look at other chiefs sites

I think everyone on here is thrilled to be 9-0 but it's not whining to talk about areas they need to improve rest assure Andy Reid is doing the same thing. That's what forums are all about. Stating opinions both good and bad. Not one person has said this team can't win not one person has said this team is done. Just areas where they need to improve
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

It is kind of annoying listening to your teams fans rip them when they and an undefeated 9-0!! I personally question for fanhood!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    If you think people here are whining then do yourself a favor and dont look at other chiefs sites

I think everyone on here is thrilled to be 9-0 but it's not whining to talk about areas they need to improve rest assure Andy Reid is doing the same thing. That's what forums are all about. Stating opinions both good and bad. Not one person has said this team can't win not one person has said this team is done. Just areas where they need to improve

OK. I am just so sick and f*ing tired of reading, " I see this game as a loss. " You all seems to care more about statististics than guts, heart, attitude and wins. I suspect that many of you would rather see us lose games that we should have won statistically rather than the converse. Maybe they should throw out wins and losses and just have a statistical Super Bowl. How about THIS statistic. The Chiefs have outscored their opponents by a margin of 2:1. Counts for nothing on these forums. Just ranting, but I want to enjoy this, so perhaps I'll give the forums a rest for a couple of weeks and come back on after we spank the Donks in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

Dwayne bowe owe drops what may have a been a TD when we were inside the 15. Dexter drops a sure fire TD, that's a 11 point swing (still got a field goal with bowe, got nothing with mccluster a drop) and we are all singing a different tune. Once we actually put four quarters of good football together watch out.

this is still a new coaching staff with, with a QB learning a new system. And we are 9 and 0. People are looking way to into this. Sit back and enjoy friends. Doesn't happen often.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Dwayne bowe owe drops what may have a been a TD when we were inside the 15. Dexter drops a sure fire TD, that's a 11 point swing (still got a field goal with bowe, got nothing with mccluster a drop) and we are all singing a different tune. Once we actually put four quarters of good football together watch out.

this is still a new coaching staff with, with a QB learning a new system. And we are 9 and 0. People are looking way to into this. Sit back and enjoy friends. Doesn't happen often.
    All very true. That's what makes it so frustrating to watch at times.

And add to it the play calling didn't help when Reid just refused to run the football. We ran the ball pretty well. There's no reason to have a 27 pass to 7 run offense with Charles very frustrating but it's not anything that can't be fixed. They have the bye week to work on these issues lets hope they get the job done.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast