Thread: Why the Chiefs are a winning team in 2010

Default Why the Chiefs are a winning team in 2010

Being from Pittsburgh many of my fellow Steelers fans might not apprecaite my conclusion here. But this is what I found researching these stats...

Here is an excerpt of the item...

In NFL News, the 2010 season, like others in the past, is producing some stats that are quite misleading. Thus far in the NFL 2010 season, this is especially true with everyone’s favorites --total offense and total defense. They are almost worthless, yet media commentators like to use them as the ultimate benchmark, to prove their point.

If a team is leading the NFL in total offense, is it safe to conclude that they are the best offense in the league? Or, can we say, the team allowing the fewest yards is the best defense in all of professional football? Even more, what if a team leads the National Football League in both of these categories? Is that the best team in pro football?

If total yardage is a good barometer for evaluating a team’s ability, then the San Diego Chargers are the best team in the National Football League. As of this writing they lead the NFL in both total offense and total defense.

Look a bit further and the Chargers are the best passing offense. And yep, you’ve guessed it, they’re the best at defending against the pass.—in total yardage.

If I had a nickel for every time I’ve heard commentators on NFL Network, CBS, ESPN, NBC and FOX say, ‘you have to have a dominant passing game to win in today’s NFL’, I’d be living next-door to Bill Gates Read More

I am confused, should the title of the thread not be:"Why the Chargers are the best worst team"? I am not understanding the KC link in the story. KC is succeeding because our defense has solidified and the O line is finally blocking. We have some areas to tighten up, but all the pieces are in place to make a run for the playoffs this season and the Super Bowl next season.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I am confused, should the title of the thread not be:"Why the Chargers are the best worst team"? I am not understanding the KC link in the story. KC is succeeding because our defense has solidified and the O line is finally blocking. We have some areas to tighten up, but all the pieces are in place to make a run for the playoffs this season and the Super Bowl next season.
    Ok fair enough... If you read the item... at the bottom of the page is the list of teams that fit the winning formula criteria.

In other words, the Chiefs are winning the same way that all the other successful teams are.

Today's game against the Bills is a perfect example of the winning formula.

Congratulations KC!

Defense, Special Teams and RB core is the reason why we are winning. Get a decent QB like a Jon Kitna who can be accurate in his throws, then we have a Super Bowl contending team. Thats the only thing we need.

Quote Originally Posted by CastoffCassel View Post
    Defense, Special Teams and RB core is the reason why we are winning. Get a decent QB like a Jon Kitna who can be accurate in his throws, then we have a Super Bowl contending team. Thats the only thing we need.
    Now I know you're a moron...Cassel still hasn't thrown an INT in over 100 pass attempts. Kitna had 3 INTs today. Do you do any research before you post?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Now I know you're a moron...Cassel still hasn't thrown an INT in over 100 pass attempts. Kitna had 4 INTs today. Do you do any research before you post?
    Fixed your post. No namecalling please.

To the original poster. Great stats to back up your point!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Fixed your post. No namecalling please.

To the original poster. Great stats to back up your point!!!!
    Missed the 4th INT!

We need to up our takeaways into the double digits this week. Against Buffalo we should have gotten at least 2 more and missed them. We need to cash on those opportunities when they come.