Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Default Lets talk about the preseason shall we

Preseason football is exactly for games like the Chiefs played last night. There's a reason no one wins preseason awards.

The preseason is for teams to get back in the flow of playing in games. It is also for teams to get the kinks out they are used for teams to get film on all there players so the coaches can go to work on what a given player needs to work on before the games start to count. It is for teams to get there rookies/new players use to playing with there new teams/teammates. It is for spots on the team to be won and lost and that's what the coaches work on most. They don't sit and watch hours of film of the upcoming team they're going to face. They are to busy watching film of there own guys so they can begin to figure out who they want on the final spots of there roster. They watch limited film of there next opponent and put together a very basic gameplan for that team. But nothing like they do in the real season.

A bad presesaon can't be completly ignored you have to work on the things you struggled on but it's results should be taken with a grain of salt. While there are some things that are of concern on this team right now they still have almost a month to work on those. The sky is not Falling just yet. RELAX
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Spot on.

BTW, as for the "MAD BOMBER" part, I take it that you may have seen Daryle Lamonica (Mad Bomber was his nickname) in his heyday with the Raiders from 1967-1970. You are quite right, Alex Smith is not going to go for broke and heave the ball 60 yards down the field every other play like Lamonica seemingly did in those days.
    Oh yes....I remember Lamonica! Blanda too. QB and kicker was an interesting combination.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Why do you ignore IT'S PRESEASON
    Because that is what he does....ignores anything that does not boost whatever argument he is making.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    But our first string offense looked bad against the niner backups the entire half. Their defensive starters were out after our first possession on offense. We scored 6 points, and 3 of those points were on a 15 yard "drive." Why does everyone ignore this? Our first string offense scored 6 points and their backup offense against our starting defense which featured their third string quarterback scored 3 points.

It's rather sad.
    I just finished watching the first half of that game. SF played most of their defensive starters throughout the first half. Not sure what the hell you're talking about. But you're right... the offense didn't look good. It's almost like they treated it like a preseason game and didn't game plan for all those exotic blitz packages. In fact, the Chiefs offense looked so bad, it was almost as if they were missing their Pro Bowl RB that ran for 1500 yards last season and was targeted 8 of the 14 plays in the TD scoring drive in NO. But we all know that's not true, so I guess the Chiefs are just gonna suck this year since there's no answers as to why they were losing so badly to a Super Bowl team in the first half of the 2nd preseason game...

ROTFLMAO... just kidding! I forgot that the Chiefs didn't game plan for SF, Charles DID NOT play, AND THEY WERE WINNING!

bwahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I just finished watching the first half of that game. SF played most of their defensive starters throughout the first half. Not sure what the hell you're talking about. But you're right... the offense didn't look good. It's almost like they treated it like a preseason game and didn't game plan for all those exotic blitz packages. In fact, the Chiefs offense looked so bad, it was almost as if they were missing their Pro Bowl RB that ran for 1500 yards last season and was targeted 8 of the 14 plays in the TD scoring drive in NO. But we all know that's not true, so I guess the Chiefs are just gonna suck this year since there's no answers as to why they were losing so badly to a Super Bowl team in the first half of the 2nd preseason game...

ROTFLMAO... just kidding! I forgot that the Chiefs didn't game plan for SF, Charles DID NOT play, AND THEY WERE WINNING!

bwahahahahaha!

Parys Harrelson? Craig Dahl? Zach Diles? Parish Cox? Spilman? Wilhoite?

Backups homer.

Well a win against the Steelers feels nice!

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Parys Harrelson? Craig Dahl? Zach Diles? Parish Cox? Spilman? Wilhoite?

Backups homer.
    Show me ANY game in the history of football where the ones played EVERY SINGLE SNAP of the first half. Backups play... it's called depth... dumba$$

Well what I have seen so far has been great in sparks. Hopefully when we've been bad it was only because it was preseason and we were experimenting. With Charles in the backfield it's a totally different team. And I love what special teams are doing.

I Just thought I would give everyone a reminder that this took looked pretty damn bad in the preseason a year ago.

While I do still fully expect this team to be on the outside looking in playoff time lets not declare the season over just yet. They still have 2 weeks to get things worked out. As bad as it looked tonight they can still fix things. They did a year ago much to all of our surprises. We are not dead yet. Though I do think we are in serious need of medical attention we are not dead. GO CHIEFS
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Pretty sure the #1 offense still hasn't scored a TD this preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Pretty sure the #1 offense still hasn't scored a TD this preseason.
    Pretty sure that Bowe and Charles haven't been on the field all the time while the #1 Offense was on the field.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast