View Poll Results: Would you rather.....

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draft DeCastro at LG, and look to fill RT via Free Agency?

2 9.52%
  • Draft DeCastro at LG, and a RT in rounds 2-3?

1 4.76%
  • Draft an OT round 1, keep Lilja, draft a developmental OG?

1 4.76%
  • Draft an OT in round 1, and an OG in round 2-3?

4 19.05%
  • Draft an OT in round 1, and fill LG via Free agency?

2 9.52%
  • Draft RB Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, and a late round OG?

3 14.29%
  • Draft RB Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA?

8 38.10%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The real would you rather...

Default The real would you rather...

(My options were to long to be in a poll haha)

Would you rather...

• Draft David DeCastro in round 1 to replace Lilja at LG, and look to fill RT via Free Agency?

• Draft David DeCastro in round 1 to replace Lilja at LG, and a RT in rounds 2-3?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff round 1 to fill RT, keep Lilja at LG for another year, draft developmental OG like we did with Asamoah?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and draft an interior lineman rounds 2-3 to replace Lilja?

• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and fill LG via Free agency (such as Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs) to replace Lilja?

• Draft Trent Richardson round 1, we will have the best run game in the NFL with him and Charles no matter who our line would be... Address RT in round 2, leave Lilja at LG, and a developmental interior lineman rounds 4-6?

• Draft Trent Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA (Grubbs or Nicks)?

Having Richardson and Charles. It would be the best 1-2 punch rushing attack in the NFL

You forgot the: "I don't know" option.

Draft Trent Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA (Grubbs or Nicks)

I chose the last option BUT if we could hold off one more year on a draft lineman, Barrett Jones out of Alabama is a beast that can play about anywhere on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    Draft Trent Richardson round 1, Address RT in round 2, replace Lilja via FA (Grubbs or Nicks)

I chose the last option BUT if we could hold off one more year on a draft lineman, Barrett Jones out of Alabama is a beast that can play about anywhere on the line.

The problem I see with this is, in 2013 we will be drafting around 26th to 32nd and he will be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    The problem I see with this is, in 2013 we will be drafting around 26th to 32nd and he will be long gone.

Could be true there but deals can be made! Besides, if we get a later pick, that means we are doing much better and the need for a first round OL may not be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    I would be delighted with any of these as well.

About a month ago I kinda critictised the idea of drafting Trent with the first, but after thinking long and hard I think it would be the single biggest pick we could pick. Our run game would be down right evil.

Decastro will be the most likely to still be there, and he would be my second choice. however I would love to see any of these four as a chief.

ps..... Of course we should see what we can land in the fa and draft what we can't sign through fa.
    I thought the exact same thing... Case and Point is he would be the most talent player available if he was there. I first liked the idea of drafting a guy like Vick Ballard in the 4th-5th..but to have the ability to take a guy that is the best prospect at his position for arguably the last 5 or so years is enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I added a poll for you.

Had to shorten up the wording, but your opening statement still gives the full description you were wanting to convey.

And I voted for "• Draft Jonathan Martin or Riely Reiff in round 1 to fill RT, and fill LG via Free agency (such as Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs) to replace Lilja?"

As Petersons blockers have departed, his success rate has gone down. And I think The Cardinals are doing far better for their pick at OT than The Vikings are.
    They aren't doing that much better than the Vikings...Levi Brown has never panned out as a LT which they drafted him to be. He has played a majority of his career at RT and is a FA this year and could very easily leave.

That is what I would not want with the #5 overall pick..An underachieving RT that is going to leave 5 years after being drafted.

You can set here and seriously tell me that if we had the opportunity to add Levi Brown or Adrian Peterson you wouldn't choose AP??

You must be a southern dude... you seem to like those crimson tide players!

You know when I first heard you say to draft Richardson I though "What the heck is Bolan talking about now, that is dumb" but I can honestly say now after thinking about it, that it is one topic we can actually agree on!

O-line priority numero uno imo...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I thought the exact same thing... Case and Point is he would be the most talent player available if he was there. I first liked the idea of drafting a guy like Vick Ballard in the 4th-5th..but to have the ability to take a guy that is the best prospect at his position for arguably the last 5 or so years is enticing.

They aren't doing that much better than the Vikings...Levi Brown has never panned out as a LT which they drafted him to be. He has played a majority of his career at RT and is a FA this year and could very easily leave.

That is what I would not want with the #5 overall pick..An underachieving RT that is going to leave 5 years after being drafted.

You can set here and seriously tell me that if we had the opportunity to add Levi Brown or Adrian Peterson you wouldn't choose AP??

You must be a southern dude... you seem to like those crimson tide players!

You know when I first heard you say to draft Richardson I though "What the heck is Bolan talking about now, that is dumb" but I can honestly say now after thinking about it, that it is one topic we can actually agree on!
    Jrudi...Yes I am! haha

I kow I can be taken as "off the cuff", etc etc from time to time but as for Richardson, I watched him everytime he stepped on the field this year and if you guys love Adrian Peterson, you will soon forget about him after you see Richardson regularly.

When folks say he is a BEAST, that is somewhat of an understatement. I have NEVER seen any back that has that type of power, speed, quickness and soft hands for good measure.

This may be bit hard for some guys to swallow but I think a back like this would elevate the OL to up their game.

Anyways...That is my sales pitch LMAO!

Oh..One more thing...If his OL is in HIS way...HE WILL run up your back.

For those of us that have had that happen to us or seen it happen, the OL learns real quick to fight forward than get busted in the kidneys regularly! LMAO

Jrudi...Yes I am! haha

I kow I can be taken as "off the cuff", etc etc from time to time but as for Richardson, I watched him everytime he stepped on the field this year and if you guys love Adrian Peterson, you will soon forget about him after you see Richardson regularly.

When folks say he is a BEAST, that is somewhat of an understatement. I have NEVER seen any back that has that type of power, speed, quickness and soft hands for good measure.

This may be bit hard for some guys to swallow but I think a back like this would elevate the OL to up their game.

Anyways...That is my sales pitch LMAO!

I actually heard that the coaching staff had to limit him on how much they would allow him to squat because they were worried he was going to hurt himself...Dunno if that's true or not.

I'm actually surprise how much love the Richardson in round 1 option is getting

I too agree that Richardson could elevate this line to be better. I think the idea of how elite of a prospect he is will be hard to pass up. I think we are at a point in building our team where we have the ability to draft based on "best player available" rather than strictly on filling a need. I also keep telling myself that we could draft an OG in a later round and treat him like we have Asamoah and Hudson and let Lilja play for 1 more year (which is what I think is left on his contract)

My Ideal scenario would be Richardson in 1, Sanders in 2 for RT, Draft a guy like Markus Zusevics (Iowa's other tackle, who is scouted to be a swing guy that could play OG or OT) in round 5-6 to develop, and landing Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs via FA to replace Lilja. Wow that would be awesome!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast