Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Default Is the NFL manipulated or fixed?

Many various polls of NFL fans are showing as much as 80% majority of NFL fans believe the games are fixed, or manipulated to help favored teams win...such as refs making calls shaving points. What is your opinion, do you think the NFL is manipulated or fixed for higher TV ratings & profits, and/or Vegas odds profiting?

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The NFL isn't fixed IMO BUT it's also not a 100% level playing field Stars get calls. If you have a star QB you get calls it's that simple

• Alex Smith isn't a "star" QB there's no way our O line would get away with this. You can still beat those teams but it isn't a level playing field. It's tilted
    Quoted and shown for truth. But what I think is interesting...It gets handled differently for each team. The Broncos get away with stuff (ref calls/no calls) like this (used to be much worse during the Elway/Shanahan years) and remember when Dan Marino was with the Dolphins they got away with a ton of calls...But the Patriots seemed like they always benefited from rule changes afterwards, especially earlier on in Brady's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Quoted and shown for truth. But what I think is interesting...It gets handled differently for each team. The Broncos get away with stuff (ref calls/no calls) like this (used to be much worse during the Elway/Shanahan years) and remember when Dan Marino was with the Dolphins they got away with a ton of calls...But the Patriots seemed like they always benefited from rule changes afterwards, especially earlier on in Brady's career.
    I think the view of the pats is the way it was before spygate because of the tuck rule. That was not a rule change that was just a rare rule. You never knew it was a rule before then.

I'm going to be very intrested to see how the Pats donks game is called. The two NFL golden boys going at it. I wonder if they will let Denver get away with those holds and the pick plays
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    Well, that pretty much says it all, hahaha. ;)
    Well I'd like to say that I was just being pithy, but that pretty much sums up my entire vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    Exactly why the '97 and '98 seasons don't count as far as having an outright champion -- the heavily tilted playing field just like we've seen with the Donkeys this year. And because of that we don't see games nowadays like the 1990 NFC Championship in the vid below that are real tough physical battles where the QB's really have to take their lumps & everything has to be earned outright.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think the view of the pats is the way it was before spygate because of the tuck rule. That was not a rule change that was just a rare rule. You never knew it was a rule before then.

I'm going to be very intrested to see how the Pats donks game is called. The two NFL golden boys going at it. I wonder if they will let Denver get away with those holds and the pick plays
    Well I was referring moreso to what happened after Pollard took out Tom Brady for the season, and the whole rule about defensive players being able to get back up and make a tackle afterwards, etc etc..

Guess that if the Broncos/Patriots game goes to pot with calls/no calls tomorrow, we'll find out which QB is viewed as more "golden". The Patriots have never shown any love towards the Broncos, so I won't be surprised to see some fights break out.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Exactly why the '97 and '98 seasons don't count as far as having an outright champion -- the heavily tilted playing field just like we've seen with the Donkeys this year. And because of that we don't see games nowadays like the 1990 NFC Championship in the vid below that are real tough physical battles where the QB's really have to take their lumps & everything has to be earned outright.
    TY for the clip of that game. That SF team was built to last, even after Montana left they still played really well under Young for many years after that. The hit that Ronnie Lott brings @ 18:16 is awesome. Pretty sure nowadays that'd get called for helmet-to-helmet contact.

The '98 season was the most manipulated season I've ever seen. The real loser out of all that was the Atlanta Falcons & Dan Reeves. They played an absolute awesome game against the Minnesota Vikings that year, won the NFC championship crown only to be caught in the SB media/ref charade afterwards, with the whole Elway/Reeves "feud" etc etc...Spilled milk, spilled milk...grrr...

It will come out one day that the games are fixed!!! It's a fact there is favoritism to promote match ups. Just like boxing..fixed..mma getting to be same way. One day!!!!@

Sports in general are becoming more entertainment then competition Denver in the NFL,Miami in the NBA it's all about ratings and more money.

Oh and this is anther pic of Denver's advantage

This was how Mccluster was tackled on our 3rd down play on the final series for the offense at Arrowhead. We should have gotten a 1st down but it wasn't called.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Any more questions after the AFC title game, today? Doesn't matter who wins the NFC Title game, because they're f---ed as far as winning the SB goes. NFL is going to give it to the Donkeys, just like they did in '97 and '98.

The game was pathetic, just pathetic, between the Pats & Donkey's (prefer to call them Mountain Jacka$$e$).

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast