Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: OK its official, Cassel F***in sucks!!

Default OK its official, Cassel F***in sucks!!

We have no offense at all, this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    If you're gameplanning for your TE to be your primary receiver, your passing game will almost certainly stink. You know, like your QB will have a 55.8 passer rating. If your passing game stinks, you will almost certainly not succeed as a team. Hope this solves your circular issue.

Unfortunately, it's not a matter of opinion. It's a guess at the unknown. One of us will be right, and one of us will be wrong. We'll know which after we look at the passing stats in 14 weeks.
    Im pretty sure Tony G was a big part of the gameplan when he was here, and on a lot of 3rd downs, he was the main target. Yet Trent Green still threw for a ton of yards and we had a pretty good offense.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Well I have tried to read most of this thread then it got too painful.

The only thing that would be interesting is if Cassel got hurt not serious and Brody came in because I am sure this is the only way he is getting in and we can see how he does with the offense.

I would hate to see the boards if the Chiefs were 0 - 2.

Now I am going to have a beer or 2

The only knock I have ever really heard about Brodie was the he is made of glass.

Protect him and see what happens!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Yeah, I mean Brodie was actually really good the last time we saw him get a chance to play, which was actually the only chance he's had to play under the new regime. If Cassel keeps struggling, I would definitely be interested in seeing him get a chance. Might as well, right?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Yeah, I mean Brodie was actually really good the last time we saw him get a chance to play, which was actually the only chance he's had to play under the new regime. If Cassel keeps struggling, I would definitely be interested in seeing him get a chance. Might as well, right?
    Brodie has had some good games at QB. Games that he made it through without getting hurt. Like the Ravens game last year. If Cassel does not get it going next week I think it would be a good time to make a change. And give him a chance after the bye week. But I really hope that Matt shows up and steps it up this week and the Chiefs get there offense going.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Brodie has had some good games at QB. Games that he made it through without getting hurt. Like the Ravens game last year. If Cassel does not get it going next week I think it would be a good time to make a change. And give him a chance after the bye week. But I really hope that Matt shows up and steps it up this week and the Chiefs get there offense going.

Brodie is not the future Qbof this team. He is not reliable enough to play half a season yet 2 games. The only reason you would bench Casell and use Brokie, would be to intentionally tank the rest of the season to get a higher pick to draft future starting Qb.

Seriously, if Brokie is the answer you are looking for the season is already shot and we should play for next year. Brokie can go out and have a Peyton Manning day, and it would mean nothing becuase he is glass and would be hurt later in the seaon. We are better off resigning Palko and starting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Im pretty sure Tony G was a big part of the gameplan when he was here, and on a lot of 3rd downs, he was the main target. Yet Trent Green still threw for a ton of yards and we had a pretty good offense.
    He was a very large part of the offense. Tony G. joined the Chiefs in 1997. He was traded in 2009. During those 12 seasons here, he led the Chiefs in receiving seven times. Below are the years and the receiving leaders and the records.

1997 - Rison (13-3)
    1998 - Alexander (7-9)
    1999 - Gonzalez (9-7)
    2000 - Alexander (7-9)
    2001 - Gonzalez (6-10)
    2002 - Kennison (8-8)
    2003 - Gonzalez (13-3)
    2004 - Gonzalez (7-9)
    2005 - Kennison (10-6)
    2006 - Gonzalez (9-7)
    2007 - Gonzalez (4-12)
    2008 - Gonzalez (2-14)

With Gonzalez at the primary reciver, we went 50-62 (.446 winning percentage).

With someone emerged as the primary receiver, we went 45-35 (.562 winning percentage).

These numbers aren't accidents. Nor that in 2003 Gonzalez got the most help from the WR corps and from Holmes receiving.

This isn't to take away from Tony Gonzalez. He was the greatest TE in NFL history. It just demonstrates that it's a worrisome statistic when your TE is your leading receiver. You should want your WRs leading the team in receiving yardage for all the reasons I stated in earlier posts. If they're not, it's a bad sign.

Backup quarterback = most popular player

I hope someone already posted that but I honestly cant read 15 pages of pissing and moaning about a 2-0 team

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post

Brodie is not the future Qbof this team. He is not reliable enough to play half a season yet 2 games. The only reason you would bench Casell and use Brokie, would be to intentionally tank the rest of the season to get a higher pick to draft future starting Qb.

Seriously, if Brokie is the answer you are looking for the season is already shot and we should play for next year. Brokie can go out and have a Peyton Manning day, and it would mean nothing becuase he is glass and would be hurt later in the seaon. We are better off resigning Palko and starting him.
    I don't think that Brodie is the QBOTF either. What I am saying is that if Cassel does not imporve and keeps throwing picks then we should see if Brodie can do better for this team THIS year. Then after the season go out and find a QB that can get the job done.

I myself hope that this issue is put to bed starting this week and Cassel starts to get it going. I agree that he is a better bet to have because he can make it without ending up on IR. But if he doesn't start to get going soon I think it would be bad not to give Brodie a look.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I don't think that Brodie is the QBOTF either. What I am saying is that if Cassel does not imporve and keeps throwing picks then we should see if Brodie can do better for this team THIS year. Then after the season go out and find a QB that can get the job done.

I myself hope that this issue is put to bed starting this week and Cassel starts to get it going. I agree that he is a better bet to have because he can make it without ending up on IR. But if he doesn't start to get going soon I think it would be bad not to give Brodie a look.

The guy already got hurt in two quarter of pre-season this year. He missed two games because of it.

You can start Croyle this week, have him get hurt in in the next game or two since he can only seem to play two games before something hurts him, and then you will be back to Cassel as starter but now, with no back up to Cassel should he get hurt and then you will be using a third stringer not currently on this roster. This sitution did play itself out when Croylegot the the starting job from Huard. Fortunately Thigpen was a better QB than both Croyle and Huard for that team.

That situation could still play out, but the risk of that situation is much less if Croyle is not starting unless necessary.