Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My biggest MNF worry for the Chiefs...

Default My biggest MNF worry for the Chiefs...

This may be a silly worry, by comparison to what some of y'all are worried about. However...what I fear may affect the Chiefs more than anything negatively with facing the Chargers next Monday night...is it being a MNF game.

There is an entirely different element of pressure with playing on MNF than that which typically comes from Sunday game. The majority of our team has never played on MNF, had such National televised attention, nor pressure to perform. It could go either way...affect them negatively or positively, but they're only human, it will make many, if not all very nervous...including possibly coach Haley.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I will be looking for you all on my TV. You should try to sneak in a big Chiefs Crowd banner!

If Coach provides me with a big banner, I will fly it in the stadium!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

There is a different feel to MNF and the stadium atmosphere is unforgettable. Let's hope that energy translates to the players and we start the season off with a win!

It shouldn't be a problem. Your at home, its an honor to play on a Monday game.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I was planning to fly out to watch the game for the past couple months but due to other priorities, I can't which really sucks. Would've been my first Chiefs game at home and night game.

Guess I'll be watching the game at home with a bunch of Charger fans. haha
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

my worry is that our offense and Cassell have shown no signs of putting points on the board. Even against the chargers you can expect that they will put up 20+ pts and we will have a hard time doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    my worry is that our offense and Cassell have shown no signs of putting points on the board. Even against the chargers you can expect that they will put up 20+ pts and we will have a hard time doing that.
    THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    If Coach provides me with a big banner, I will fly it in the stadium!!

I hope our D can hold them to under 20. If it's a shootout I don't like out chances late in the game. If we can run the ball like we did in the preseason we might be able to keep the ball away from them late. That's our best chance.

apples and oranges, you can't compare our preseason offense to the offense that is gonna be on the field for all 4 quarters on Monday. I think the O will be able to put some points up once they get moving!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast