Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GOD IS A CHIEFS FAN !!!! Now what are your thoughts on the draft ?

Default GOD IS A CHIEFS FAN !!!! Now what are your thoughts on the draft ?

We got Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd rounder !!!!!!!! Pioli is a genius !!!! I am jumping up and down and thanking god for everything in the chiefs universe right now ! I think the Chiefs need to get Curry if he is avaliable and if not Crabtree what do you guys think ? I know everyone is worried about Crabtree's foot but watching him play in college was like watching a man against boys. He is a beast and would give cassell a target to go along with Bowe now if we can get rid of LJ for a 2nd rounder Not cause i dont like LJ but I do not want someone that doesnt want to be a chief on OUR team

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    You know I hate to say this but if they want out send them packing ! These guys annoy me when they complain about everything ! look at that cowboys who have a players coach and see why you want to say hello to the bad guy ! Cheifs fans will be very grateful soon no matter who we lose now. LJ i have authentic 300 dollar jerseys so I do like him but he wants out get what we can for him and drive on this is a business but as we seen with the Dawkins deal there comes a time to move on
    However, I think players will start to think differently now that Matt Cassel is the QB. But the Chiefs need to go after some of these free agent O-linemen. We can't build a team just from the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    However, I think players will start to think differently now that Matt Cassel is the QB. But the Chiefs need to go after some of these free agent O-linemen. We can't build a team just from the draft.

Agreed ! I dont know what we are waiting for on that note

Now I hope Sanchez is the 1st pick
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

it's a good day to be a chiefs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    Now I hope Sanchez is the 1st pick
    Why????

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I just can't see us passing up Raji at #3, assuming we can't trade down. Yeah, Curry's great, but I think he's gone a #1. And yeah, we need OLB and OL badly, but we can't run the 3-4 without a NT - and we don't have one, nor is one available in FA.
    Dream Scenario:
    1. Chiefs trade Dorsey/Thigpen for Julius Peppers and a mid round pick.
    2. Chiefs trade down in first round with Jax or TB. They get a 1st and 2nd or 3rd pick. Possbly taking Raji or the best LB on the board. Getting a RT in the 2nd or 3rd.
    3. Chiefs trade LJ for a 4th rd pick

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Dream Scenario:
    1. Chiefs trade Dorsey/Thigpen for Julius Peppers and a mid round pick.
    2. Chiefs trade down in first round with Jax or TB. They get a 1st and 2nd or 3rd pick. Possbly taking Raji or the best LB on the board. Getting a RT in the 2nd or 3rd.
    3. Chiefs trade LJ for a 4th rd pick
    1. We can't trade Dorsey. It would be a $20M cap hit this year if we trade him prior to June 1. We might be able to stomach it, but I don't see Pioli doing it. Thigpen and Waters for Peppers and a pick is a whole lot more possible.

2. I think Raji goes top-6. I don't see us getting him past the Bengals. Heck, I could see Seattle getting him at 4.

3. If we can do that deal, we defintely do that deal.

I have to say Cassell and Vrabel for a 2nd round draft pick is an absolute steal, yes Cassell has only had one big season statistically but considering what Cassell was thought to be originally going for on his own i wouldn't complain. Massive credit to Pioli on this one. It'll be very interesting to see what we do with this no.3 overall pick now.

Quote Originally Posted by billb40 View Post
    Why????
    He means Sanchez to Detroit with the first overall

I really can't make an honest assessment to the draft till free agency plays out a bit more. Pending on who we can still sign/trade for can still really alter who we pick at #3 (if we are still at 3 by April). We still don't know (for sure) what defensive scheme we are running or who our Def.-Coord. is yet as well.

There are still a lot of under the radar solid O-Linemen left and a few notable LBs/D-Linemen out there as well. With the emergence of Cassel to the Chiefs you can mark off QB from the Chiefs needs.

I could see the Chiefs drafting any number of players. In no particular order of preference:

1. B.J. Raji, DT (if the Chiefs switch 3-4 they need that NT presence)

2. Aaron Curry, LB (If the Chiefs decide he is the best player on the board at that point he could fill in that empty position with Vrabel, DJ, and a FA [Boley would be nice].

3. Jason Smith, OT (Offensive line has been a priority that hasn't been asessed by this team in years)

Those are about the only players that the Chiefs can take that would make a significant impact (I.e. starting in 09) in the upcoming season. Each addresses a need. Luxury picks such as Crabtree are nice to dream about but in reality have no place in being drafted when the core of your team needs help the most.

EDIT: Just think if the Chiefs got Boley to come to KC and managed to pick up Curry. A 3-4 LB core consisting of Mike Vrabel, Derrick Jonson, Micheal Boley, and Aaron Curry!? That'd be insane. Yet Raji makes the most sense if you're looking for defensive impact immdiately. Its the NT thats the focal point of the front seven in 3-4
    Last edited by DT14PRIEST; 02-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast