Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Default Supposedly Bowe and Chiefs are in feud

Not that I think Nick Athan is a very credible source, but supposedly the Chiefs and Duane Bowe are feuding to the point that Bowe's agent has asked for a trade.

Bowe is wanting to be paid a top 5 WR contract, and the Chiefs are not agreeing. However, there does not appear to be a market for Bowe worth the trade and he is not expected to sign his Franchise tender until the last day of 7/16.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Not that I think Nick Athan is a very credible source, but supposedly the Chiefs and Duane Bowe are feuding to the point that Bowe's agent has asked for a trade.

Bowe is wanting to be paid a top 5 WR contract, and the Chiefs are not agreeing. However, there does not appear to be a market for Bowe worth the trade and he is not expected to sign his Franchise tender until the last day of 7/16.
    Exactly as I suspected. The kid has a higher self-worth of himself than he is really worth. We have to be able to put our fan emotions aside and look at him for what he really is. There would be a number of teams willing to give him top 10 money I would think, but not top 5 at this point.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Top 10 money doesnt seem out of the question to me...the only ones I can think of Id surely rather have are:
    Fitzgerald
    Calvin Johnson
    DeSean Jackson
    Roddy White
    Greg Jennings
    Wes Welker
    AJ Green

Id say Mike Wallace, Brandon Marshall, Nicks and Damyrius Thomas are all right there with Bowe. Andre Johnson could be much better, but I am concerned about his recent injuries and age unfortunately.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

...Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of As the Stomach Turns.

no way hes worth top 5. let him sit out as much as he wants. hes only letting his teammates down as well.

Top 5?!? Are you kidding me!!! I like Bowe and think he's a good receiver but the best year that he's EVER had was in 2010 when he was ranked 7th in yards.

In other news I think I'm going to go ask for a promotion. Jeesh...top 5 pay...get outta here and go prove to us you're top 5.

IF this is true and it's a big if then I side with the Chiefs. Bowe if a good to very good WR. He is not a GREAT WR. He just goes through to many games when you don't no that he's out there. He drops some easy passes from time to time. If he refuses to take any less then top 5 money then I think it would be best to make the trade. Get something that can be used. I hope to see Bowe in a Chiefs uniform this year but I don't think it would be the end of the world if he's not with the Chiefs
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I certainly think Bowe should seek out as much money as he can get. Only 17 wide receivers in the history of the league have ever caught 15 touchdown passes in a single season. Combine that with the fact that Bowe has NEVER had an above average quarterback throwing to him (Huard, Croyle, Cassel, Palko, Thigpen), and I think his consecutive 1100+ yard seasons speak for themself. This is the 2nd consecutive year he's been in the top 10 for yards (with Palko throwing to him for half the year!!). At only 28 years old when the season starts, he's really just entering the prime of his career.

I'm going to need a better source before getting upset with this story

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I'm going to need a better source before getting upset with this story
    I would agree. I don't think Nick Athan is any more credible that people on this forum even though he charges people to read his material.

He did say a lot of good things about how Baldwin was looking and Stanzi. But then I hear him say why he likes Stanzi and wonder how would he know if he has good footwork etc...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast