Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Time for me to do some hating on the QB

Default Time for me to do some hating on the QB

For the first 2 weeks I have defended Matt Cassel. I felt that he was being unfairly called out and others were getting a hall pass. Not that I have felt Cassel had played well but the whole team was playing poorly. Today was the first time I saw him alone hurting this team. I'm mostly talking about the passes to Mccluster and Hillis that both seemed to have gotten hurt adjusting to a poorly throw ball. THAT CAN'T HAPPEN. This team can not afford to lose guys because the QB can't get them the ball without them getting hurt. That is hurting the team and it's something that ONLY Matt Cassel can control. Cassel has to play better or we need to cut bait get the balls to make a move. This was not a great D he went against and he couldn't finish drives at all. You're not going to win 99% of the time when you settle for 3 over and over and over again. Matt Cassel today was one of the biggest problems on this team. As I stated I am calling him out for it. Cassel needs to feel some pressure for his job and it needs to be real pressure. Getting guys hurt will kill this team.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Yeah gonna have to agree with most of this. On the INT it looked like draughn was wide open and had plenty of room to run. And man he hits mccluster in stride who knows what would have happened instead mccluster gets bloody hurt.

I don't see how playing quinn will hurt us.
    Have you guys seen Quinn play. Have you watched him Practice. You really don't know what you are asking for. Just go jump on a fence and rack yourself now and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Have you guys seen Quinn play. Have you watched him Practice. You really don't know what you are asking for. Just go jump on a fence and rack yourself now and get it over with.
    New Orleans is terrible on defense terrible and Matt couldn't get it into the end zone. Pretty sure Brady quinn can hand it off to Jamaal and make at least a couple of plays a game.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    New Orleans is terrible on defense terrible and Matt couldn't get it into the end zone. Pretty sure Brady quinn can hand it off to Jamaal and make at least a couple of plays a game.
    Matt made a couple plays a game. The Quinn I watched in practice and in pre-season wouldn't have faired better than Cassel. Trust me. That play that McClustre got hurt on. Quinn was throwing in to the dirt or about the same as Cassel.

Cassel had a bad game, but not bad enough to say anyone but him. As I said, Brees also had a bad game. So did Peyton Manning.

Cassel is not a superstar but he is not as bad as every hater in this thread made him out to be.

Matt made a couple plays a game. The Quinn I watched in practice and in pre-season wouldn't have faired better than Cassel. Trust me. That play that McClustre got hurt on. Quinn was throwing in to the dirt or about the same as Cassel.

Cassel had a bad game, but not bad enough to say anyone but him. As I said, Brees also had a bad game. So did Peyton Manning.

Cassel is not a superstar but he is not as bad as every hater in this thread made him out to be.

I am no where near a hater And maybe this win is what gets everybodys confidence going. I gues well see.

Blaming Cassel for McCluster's arm giving out?

This is just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

And wait, there's more. He led a WR into some traffic? Yeah. Tom Brady was tying to attend some of his WRs' funerals in the next few days too.

There is no QB who does not lead his receivers into some traffic sometimes. And Cassel has been no worse about that than any QB.

He was looking sloppy yesterday, despite the countless extended drives he helped sustain.

But the great lengths that some people will go to to try and add unwarranted blame on the guy is laughable.

Like it or not, and even though JC was the obvious spark plug, Matt Cassel was a big part of how this team came back to win yesterday.

And prior the second half of yestrday's game, he was the only part of this team that was doing anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    There is no better option as you know and he made some throws like the one just mentioned...
    No better option?

There's a first round QB sitting on the bench who never had a chance to play a football game with the kind of talent around him that Cassel is determined to send to the ER every Sunday.

It's obvious to everyone that Cassel isn't good enough. The option is to keep doing the same thing every week expecting a different outcome (insanity), or move on and find out what you DO have. Give Quinn a chance, if he doesn't get better, give Stanzi a chance.

The trickshot guy cannot do worse than Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Chiefy View Post
    dang it the pos faiders won... now were gonna have to listen to the drug addict, gang banging, rapists, muerdurering, bank robbing, wife beating, wife beating shirt wearing fans run thier mouths.
    They cannot possibly compose a more idiotic sentence than this so it won't really be all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Blaming Cassel for McCluster's arm giving out?

This is just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
    Not as ridiculous as the pass McCluster had to leap into the air to catch. But hey, it was a 60 yard pass so you cannot get all that upset about the accuracy. O wait, it was a 5 yard dump pass. Well, c'mon, not every QB in the NFL can hit a target from that far away.

And wait, there's more. He led a WR into some traffic? Yeah. Tom Brady was tying to attend some of his WRs' funerals in the next few days too.

There is no QB who does not lead his receivers into some traffic sometimes. And Cassel has been no worse about that than any QB.
    How is someone supposed to take your point of view serious when you compare Cassel to Brady? Maybe we're not watching the same games, maybe you're not watching other teams play. I have never seen a QB at the professional level stare down his receivers and put them in harms way with bad passes as consistently as Matt Cassel.

He was looking sloppy yesterday, despite the countless extended drives he helped sustain.
    He didn't look sloppy, he looked like his normal self. The Saints have an attempt at a brend/don't break defense. They typically are happy to let you move down the field on them and they tighten up in the red zone, limiting you to a field goal attempt. This works fine for them because when their offense is clicking, they are putting up 40 points. So yeah, he sustained drives against a defense designed to allow it.

But the great lengths that some people will go to to try and add unwarranted blame on the guy is laughable.

Like it or not, and even though JC was the obvious spark plug, Matt Cassel was a big part of how this team came back to win yesterday.
    I agree with you on this. Cassel was a great big part of it. Without Cassel they wouldn't have been so far behind.

And prior the second half of yestrday's game, he was the only part of this team that was doing anything at all.
    I guess to 2 of 6 Succop field goals in the first half don't count. Don't get me wrong, I love the flash back to the Nick Lowry days but I balk at applauding the QB for his inability to lead the offense into the end zone.

I don't understand the Cassel defender/apologist reflex.

I don't dislike Cassel, I don't think anyone questions his desire.

What is also unquestionable is that he lacks the abilities that a team needs in a starting QB. Forget the superbowl, this team isn't going to win a playoff game with him at the helm.

The Chiefs are not doing themselves or us any favors trying to pretend otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    No better option?

There's a first round QB sitting on the bench who never had a chance to play a football game with the kind of talent around him that Cassel is determined to send to the ER every Sunday.

It's obvious to everyone that Cassel isn't good enough. The option is to keep doing the same thing every week expecting a different outcome (insanity), or move on and find out what you DO have. Give Quinn a chance, if he doesn't get better, give Stanzi a chance.

The trickshot guy cannot do worse than Cassel.
    Yes, a first round QB that should have never been taken in the first round who came out of one of the most overhyped college football programs in the nation (and we are ND fans in my house except when they play Navy). There is a reason he had the embarassing drop down the draft boards. He is horribly inaccurate. If he were playing, we would have a lot more interceptions that arent because of tipped passes, but sheerly passes thrown errantly. Cassel isnt the most accurate, but he usually is fairly conservative and doesnt throw passes into the hands of defenders like Quinn did. Yes, I know he did that this weekend, but it is not usual for him to do that. Quinn is not that answer to anything other than trivia questions about Notre Dame.

Dislocated Elbow
    I tend to be a pessimist about injuries. The elbow is a very stable joint and usually does not dislocate without breaking some of the bones or tearing some of the ligaments. I hope that is the case. The good news is that upper body injuries are much easier to recover from without affecting your playing ability. You can keep working out your lower body when you are recovering from an upper body injury.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast