Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combo 4/3 and 3/4

Default Combo 4/3 and 3/4

My take is that the Chiefs will obviously play both systems via a variety of packages.

In the 34, they will line up Vrabel, DJ, Zach and Tamba as LB's with Vrabel and Tamba on the outside. This plays to his strengths. Beisel, Boiman, Mays and Demorrio will be the rotators.

Tank, Glenn and Turk will line up inside.

In the 43, they will probably drop Tamba. Either way, we will need a bigger central clogging line man on the inside. Edwards is too slow and Turk is not good enough as a DE or DT.

The rest of the defense is most likely:

Pollard
    Page
    Flowers
    Carr

As for the rest of the team, we appear set on both sides:

I will venture to say the team will look like this:

Offense-

LJ
    COX
    Gonzo
    Bowe
    Bradley
    Albert
    Waters
    Center-Unsure
    Mcintosh
    Goff
    Cassell

no bobby engram on the field i think there is a reason they picked him up and that is to be our possesion wr. i think he will see alot of playing time. hard to say what the team will look like until the draft and free agency is done. so far so good though i like the pickup of goff

I think we will see a lot of 3 receiver sets, and probably a lot of shotgun too (3-4 receivers).

What are the Chiefs going to do with Tamba Hali? He doesn't really fit a 3-4 and even coming out of college was not projected to do well in a 3-4. He has good strength, but does not seem to have the speed for LB. Is he on the trading block?

Quote Originally Posted by theaxeeffect4311 View Post
    What are the Chiefs going to do with Tamba Hali? He doesn't really fit a 3-4 and even coming out of college was not projected to do well in a 3-4. He has good strength, but does not seem to have the speed for LB. Is he on the trading block?
    He participated at LB today in minicamp practice. How that went though, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by brish View Post
    I think we will see a lot of 3 receiver sets, and probably a lot of shotgun too (3-4 receivers).
    Yea I agree.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Default On defense

Theres also a rumor out there that Zach's brother in law may want to join him in KC as opposed to Miami. I am referring to Jason Taylor.

Either way, one or two of these three may or may not be traded:

Tamba, Gonzo or LJ.

Either way, we have to get a nose tackle, a pass rusher or two and a center, first.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Yea I agree.
    And I second That.

Quote Originally Posted by sanga balende View Post
    Theres also a rumor out there that Zach's brother in law may want to join him in KC as opposed to Miami. I am referring to Jason Taylor.

Either way, one or two of these three may or may not be traded:

Tamba, Gonzo or LJ.

Either way, we have to get a nose tackle, a pass rusher or two and a center, first.
    Glenn Dorsey was said to be getting turned into the NT, from what I've read earlier.

I'm still not exactly willing to cut Jason Babin out of the mix entirely- the guy had 2 of the team's 10 pathetic sacks last year, and that was in 7 games. That's only one sack shy of Tamba's performance in 15 games.

I have to admit, I think it would be cool if Jason Taylor came, but Babin seems like he would at least be worthy to keep around for depth.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Glenn Dorsey was said to be getting turned into the NT, from what I've read earlier.

I'm still not exactly willing to cut Jason Babin out of the mix entirely- the guy had 2 of the team's 10 pathetic sacks last year, and that was in 7 games. That's only one sack shy of Tamba's performance in 15 games.

I have to admit, I think it would be cool if Jason Taylor came, but Babin seems like he would at least be worthy to keep around for depth.

jb
    Actually I heard that for the 3-4 alignment, Tank Tyler would be the NT. I can find the story if you'd like, but it would take some work on my part, so you could just search tank tyler nose tackle and see what comes up. Dorsey will be used as the 3-technique DT in the 4-3 and possibly DE in the 3-4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast