Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Default ALEX SMITH = Done deal!!!

Source: Chiefs to acquire Alex Smith
    ESPN.com news services | February 27, 2013
    The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, a league source confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Terms of the trade, which can't officially be completed until March 12 when the 2013 league year begins, weren't immediately available.

The trade agreement was first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer on Twitter.

Smith, the 2005 No. 1 overall draft pick, lost his starting job to Colin Kaepernick while sitting out with a concussion but was professional at every turn and continued to mentor his replacement.

Before his injury, Smith had completed 26 of his last 28 passes -- including going 18-of-19 for 232 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in a "Monday Night Football" win at Arizona on Oct. 29.

He then sustained a concussion in the second quarter of the 49ers' next game, a 24-24 tie against St. Louis on Nov. 11. Smith sat out the next game as Kaepernick dazzled in his debut as an NFL starter, beating the Bears handily at home on "Monday Night Football." Smith didn't start again last season.

The 28-year-old quarterback has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I was ok with us getting Smith because there didnt seem to be any other real options. But a 2nd rounder is way more than what I would have wanted us to give. I would have been willing to give our 3rd and a conditional next year, but our 2nd plus next year is basically a 1st round pick.

Im hoping the "rumor" about the 2nd is wrong, or we got something else in the deal.

I hope the reports are wrong and we arent giving a 3nd round this year and a 2nd or 3rd round next year. Or maybe this is all smoke and mirrors. Technically no trade is final until the 12th, so maybe we "agreed" to a deal to show Philly what they can realistically expect for Foles. I doubt we are that shady, but who knows.

If the reports are correct, I hope to hear very quickly that we have traded out of the #1 slot to pick up more draft picks.

So we acquire somebody else's backup QB - again. It seems no matter who runs this team, we keep making the same mistakes. That 2nd round pick was badly needed and we just threw it away on a mediocre, washed-up wannabe QB. Unreal.
    SHUT IT

Nothing is set in stone people! Who knows what we are really giving up to get him. The new year has not even started and at this point some of you are getting mad over words! Wait until there is a contract before you get all upset over what you think is going on.

The absolute ONLY way this trade makes sense (in my view) is if there is a gentlemen's agreement with another franchise to trade our first pick for a mid to late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    The absolute ONLY way this trade makes sense (in my view) is if there is a gentlemen's agreement with another franchise to trade our first pick for a mid to late 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick.
    I have been hoping there is something like this missing from the story.

Everyone stop complaining we got the best qb named smith available.

We signed Troy Smith?! I heard he was coming back. :P
    *** Kansas City Chiefs 2013 - 2014 ***

If Geno pans out (or any QB taken in the first 3 rounds, and we take non) Reid and Dorsey better be ready for backlash. How many times does KC need to pick up a QB from FA to see it doesn't work for KC (hasn't worked in 20 years). I was ready for the Geno pick, but this trade is terrible, CANex Smith will be a CANsel 1.2 (he is a not a full version better then CANsel)

Okay so I hear that that the SKY has fallen and the world has ended. I don't like the trade, but it is not final yet. Rumors are Rumors. It is very possible the Chiefs swaped second round picks. Who knows. Yes, I know there are so many wanting to draft a QB. Who says we don't. What if still pick up one in the third. Maybe Arizona is now interest in Geno Smith and is will to trade up with the Chiefs to get him just so Oakland can't and we get our Second pick back and the LT we need.

What if Alex Smith is really the QB the Chiefs think he is, and the QB talent in this draft is really as bad as it is.

All I am saying is, Slow down people and lets see how it plays out when facts become facts.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast