Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First time to Arrowhead- Need some info

Default First time to Arrowhead- Need some info

I am a die hard Chiefs fan and am finally flying into KC to watch our beloved Chiefs play Oakland (sept 20). I have been a fan since the Deron Cherry days but have always went to sports bars or ordered Directv to watch the games over the years. I am obviously beside myself at the chance to watch the Chiefs play at Arrowhead.

I am needing to know some info before I buy tickets to the game.

I want to sit in the 100 level on the Chiefs side (sections 116 thru 121 -don't wanna have to look at the backside of Raider pukes during the game)

1) Is there a row too low that the players block the view of the game? Trying to get as close as I can, but with having an unobstructed view.. what has been your experince in regard to aa good close seat

2) Any suggestions on what Hotel I can stay at to simply walk to the game?

Thanks in advance guys and gals

to add to my last post I am looking at sections 118-119-120. Again I don't think there would probably be a bad seat in those sections, just trying to get a feel if its best to sit low, middle or high in that section for best viewing. haha, am I overthinking this or what?? I just wanna make sure I get the best seats possible. Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by oregonchieffan58 View Post
    Thanks YZILLA, I think you may be right. What row do you like sitting in? Obviously I am going back and forth with up as close as I can (row 2-9) or up a little bit to see more of the field (20-30). What do you think? Realizing that either would be great, just want your take
    I had row 9 behind the Chiefs for the opener against Min two years ago and my seats were awesome. A little hard to see the inside corners of each endzone but that was about it. Everything else was great!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

ask these guys about some local spots to, we went to a great little sports parafanalia store i think was called Sports Nutz. i started gabbin w/one of the owners, a guy from Warpath "magazine" and a local cop, before i knew it they were turning off the lights and vaccuuming the carpet around us. and some really great BBQ places. i can't remember the name of the one we all went to but they were selling frozen ribs & steaks at the airport from the same place.

Sports Nutz is awesome!! The guys there are great and they don't care if you just hang out and shoot the sh!t all day!! And they have tons of Chiefs stuff. Its kinda like being in a museum because he has some really cool (and expensive) stuff. Old school helmets, autographed SB footballs. Its wild.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Sports Nutz is awesome!! The guys there are great and they don't care if you just hang out and shoot the sh!t all day!! And they have tons of Chiefs stuff. Its kinda like being in a museum because he has some really cool (and expensive) stuff. Old school helmets, autographed SB footballs. Its wild.

yeah, we got free RED FRIDAY t's there, the stuff & people were great. they were even having Hicks and another player coming on saturday. we missed it, i took the wife to the precious moments chapel and didn't get back in time. the bad was that whitlock was there doing a remote wearing a colts jersey [we were playing the colts ]. what a shmuck!

Quote Originally Posted by KansasCityChris View Post
    I have sat everywhere in Arrowhead, I even got to stand on the sidelines and honestly I liked thesecond deck across from the media center where the TV people are. You can see all of the plays open and you can also if it starts to rain you can get under the roof from the floor of the 3rd deck. You would have to leave your seats to do that but if it's raining hard it's better than getting wet LOL.
    Everywhere???? That is rather hard to believe.

I have had seat in the first few rows. It is really cool because you get to see the players up close and when plays happen near your seat, you feel like you can practically reach out and grab them. I would personally recommend getting at least 10 rows up, but that is just my opinion. Agreed, no bad seats, just different views.

Agreed , Even up about 20 rows is great ! I would definately get towards the middle though. I sat in section 102 Row 26 on the Aisle and it was the best seats Ive ever had ( even though it was on the Dolphins side ) But the sun was on that side. and It was coooooooold that day.The further back in the lower level the better The view of the game in my opinion. You get too close and you lose the corner of the endzones on your side. You wont regret it. Honestly I have sat in the endzone and its pretty cool, but you miss alot of the plays on the other end of the field. Stay from about the 20 to the 20 and your goldenAnd then find me in the Parking lot and we will pound a few beers.As a 24 oz cup of beer inside is like almost $8 . Any questions PM me and I will tell ya everything that I know . I hit about 7 games a year if possible.

NIIIICE. Thanks for the info. I am on the lookout for 118-119-120 sections, and gonna look for someting 15-30 rows up. I will definately try to link up with you in the parking lot, I have spend many many years celebrating (as well as being sad, pissed etc) all by myself. Looking forward to meeting true chief fans

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234