Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sharing pics of my trip to Canton for DT's Induction...

Default Sharing pics of my trip to Canton for DT's Induction...

Prior to sharing my pics, I'd like to share first a bit of a personal story. I've been a Chiefs fan since I was a kid, my dad becoming a fan in '63 when they moved to KC...I was raised with Red & Gold blood, haha.

As with many Chiefs fans, DT became my all time favorite Chief...not only as a result of his obvious talent as an athelete, but for who he was as a human being...his huge heart & compassion towards helping others.

I can honestly state, that although I didn't know DT personally, I felt much love for him as a Chief on field, & for the person he was off field. I never visited DT's modest home in suburban KC, but he visited mine weekly. I knew him, though he didn't know me.

When DT tragically lost his life, at some point amidst my tears, shock, & sadness...it occurred to me that someday DT would be inducted into the NFL HOF. I considered the thought of DT's future Induction, from that point forward as being his final big play in the NFL. I made myself a promise, that come hell or high water I would be there personally to witness DT's Induction Ceremony. I saw my presence there being my way of honoring and thanking DT for all he gave from his body, heart & soul as a Chief to his team and fans, as well as his contributions to the Kansas City community.

I miss Derrick, and to this day still find myself at times looking for the #58 on the field of play. Derrick is on God's Pro-Bowl team now, and no doubt is smiling down upon Arrowhead each & every game day. :)

I don't know if I can be as unselfish as you Jurgen, but you have inspired me to at least consider donating one of my signed DT items to the HOF, if not more. I'm not sure what all they have or don't. As I said, it was difficult to see the display's that Saturday, so very crowded, and I'm only 120 lbs @ 5' 4" tall, haha...not easy for me to see past a 'thick' crowd in front of displays, or wiggle my way to the front, haha.

At the very least, I should contact them and ask if they're interested. Obviously they wouldn't be in my football or 8x10...but maybe the 1990's era poster, or ornament? My autographed DT jersey was a birthday gift given to me by family members back then, so wouldn't feel right donating that...not sure I could unselfishly part with it anyway.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 08-18-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I don't know if I can be as unselfish as you Jurgen, but you have inspired me to at least consider donating one of my signed DT items to the HOF, if not more. I'm not sure what all they have or don't. As I said, it was difficult to see the display's that Saturday, so very crowded, and I'm only 120 lbs @ 5' 4" tall, haha...not easy for me to see past a 'thick' crowd in front of displays, or wiggle my way to the front, haha.

At the very least, I should contact them and ask if they're interested. Obviously they wouldn't be in my football or 8x10...but maybe the 1990's era poster, or ornament? My autographed DT jersey was a birthday gift given to me by family members back then, so wouldn't feel right donating that...not sure I could unselfishly part with it anyway.
    I think we can all understand the sentimental value placed on that particular item. Heck, I'd have a hard time parting with any of it...does that make me bad???

Awesome pics!!!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
    As a 49er fan I must say Connie those pics are awesome and your truck is great...thanx for sharing
    Thanks!!

49er's huh? I assume you relate to the Chiefs due to Montana's playing for our Chiefs...93-95, if memory is correct?

Thanks again to you all! I feel very welcome here, and you've made me comfortable with sharing too! It feels great to have fellow Chiefs fans who can relate to my depth of being pretty much a lifetime fan, haha. :)

Actually no...lol I know a few of your members here on another site...and I drop in once in a while to keep Chiefster in line, he has a love/hate relationship with me.

Women who behave,rarely make history.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Actually no...lol I know a few of your members here on another site...and I drop in once in a while to keep Chiefster in line, he has a love/hate relationship with me.
    You love/hate me! You really love/hate me!

Yes Chiefy...I love to hate you....I really do

Women who behave,rarely make history.

Yes Chiefy...I love to hate you....I really do

Yer just so sweet.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast