Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Draft is not the end of the world!!!!!!!

Default This Draft is not the end of the world!!!!!!!

Ok while I can't say that I am 100% thrilled about the picks that we have made so far Reading some of the post on here you would think that this team took a HUGE step backwards.And we are going to be 0-16 this season.

Simpy put its far to early to tell. The picks have not even gotten into one preseason game so we don't no what we got yet.

Mccluster might turn out to be a weapon on offense. Some are compareing him to wes welker. If and Yes it is a big if he is close to that then I am happy with the pick.

I no its not the draft that some wanted. We didnt get tate or whoever eles many wanted. But if you look at Piolis history this is how he drafts. Tom Brady was thought to be nothing more then a backup when he was drafted. That turned out well. We might not have got a Tom Brady in this draft but its far to early to start doubting the direction of this team. While i am not 100% happy about what we have done I think before people start jumping off the bridge we should at least see them play.

Rep!!! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ok while I can't say that I am 100% thrilled about the picks that we have made so far Reading some of the post on here you would think that this team took a HUGE step backwards.And we are going to be 0-16 this season.

Simpy put its far to early to tell. The picks have not even gotten into one preseason game so we don't no what we got yet.

Mccluster might turn out to be a weapon on offense. Some are compareing him to wes welker. If and Yes it is a big if he is close to that then I am happy with the pick.

I no its not the draft that some wanted. We didnt get tate or whoever eles many wanted. But if you look at Piolis history this is how he drafts. Tom Brady was thought to be nothing more then a backup when he was drafted. That turned out well. We might not have got a Tom Brady in this draft but its far to early to start doubting the direction of this team. While i am not 100% happy about what we have done I think before people start jumping off the bridge we should at least see them play.
    I am largely alright with the first pick, Eric Berry, while I did not think Pioli was going to take him, was a good choice and will do well for the team.

McCluster was a wasted pick. I give him a 50/50 shot at even making the team at this point. He was a huge surprise that the Chiefs took him and when you consider who we got in the next pick you have to be left scratching your head as to why we went this way.

I hope the kid turns out to be the next Darren Sproles, but he seems to be more like Dantrell Savage with everything I have heard about him.

The Cornerback we picked up was a good choice, as was the guard, both of those guys are great and needed additions. The choice of that Tight End in the last pick we made? That was anothe failure picking a guy that is so injury prone. I think he was picked mainly for his work ethic more than any real talent, but I seriously don't expect him to make the team. Practice team anyone? Injured reserve?

I really do hate to be so negative, but so far, I would grade this draft a C+ by what I know. I hope I am wrong though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

C + more like a B..... I say this because McCluster is SCARY ! Defenses will have to plan for the possibilities of using him in our offense have a two back set with him and JC Thats a D coord nightmare ! Plus he can run routes ! I am excited about the guy would I have taken him that high probably not but now that he is a Chief I just am going to be thankful for what he can do and watch him on sundays for the CHIEFS ! Im not saying they are going to be superstars BUT they are good enough to make the team and see posts about them not even getting past training camp. I think Pioli knows what he is doing and thats why we are talking about it and hes doing it !

LOL Watch the tackle at 0:17 CLASSIC

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-chWh64Dc&feature=PlayList&p=483975A83B05E0EC&playn ext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=52"]YouTube- Dexter Mccluster short career Highlight Vid[/ame]

I don't have any problems with the players chosen. I haven't seen much of most of them.

And I am still pretty optimistic about the coming season. The rest of the division is dying, and the Coordinators, alone, could pop us right into contention.

But I can't not be dissapointed that we failed, if not refused, to address the most glaring needs on this team.

We had some major problems last season, and little has been done to rectify the problems, from a talent standpoint.

Now maybe the same guys who managed to be horrible for the past year or two will turn it around, with the help of real coordinators. But I think it would have been far more likely, had we improved on those players.

Draft grade? D+ ... So far. Unlikely to improve from the fifth round.

this draft did not help us at all.we did not address the major needs .we got players who most of them will not even make the team.....very poor drafting imo....why did we ever change front office people if the results would be the same or worse

im highly disappointed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I don't have any problems with the players chosen. I haven't seen much of most of them.

And I am still pretty optimistic about the coming season. The rest of the division is dying, and the Coordinators, alone, could pop us right into contention.

But I can't not be dissapointed that we failed, if not refused, to address the most glaring needs on this team.

We had some major problems last season, and little has been done to rectify the problems, from a talent standpoint.

Now maybe the same guys who managed to be horrible for the past year or two will turn it around, with the help of real coordinators. But I think it would have been far more likely, had we improved on those players.

Draft grade? D+ ... So far. Unlikely to improve from the fifth round.
    I do not agree with a D+ because of Berry and Arenas alone would make our grade a B at least. Mccluster is a MONSTER I promise ! I do agree I would not of taken him myself and would address and OLD honestly BUT he is on the team now so I am excited but a D is harsh. I guess only time will tell I hope we can say I am right and you werew rong but you really never know until it gets here

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppachief View Post
    C + more like a B..... I say this because McCluster is SCARY ! Defenses will have to plan for the possibilities of using him in our offense have a two back set with him and JC Thats a D coord nightmare ! Plus he can run routes ! I am excited about the guy would I have taken him that high probably not but now that he is a Chief I just am going to be thankful for what he can do and watch him on sundays for the CHIEFS ! Im not saying they are going to be superstars BUT they are good enough to make the team and see posts about them not even getting past training camp. I think Pioli knows what he is doing and thats why we are talking about it and hes doing it !

LOL Watch the tackle at 0:17 CLASSIC

I can't help but wonder how many of these teams we see him running against had top rated defenses. The guy is certainly faster than his combine numbers would show.

I hope I am wrong, but I just can't help but think that we could have gotten another kick-*** receiver for Cassel to throw to, or a better linebacker.

I am not one of those guys that think we needed to do something with the defensive line, I am alright with who we have. But I do believe we needed to get a real life Offensive tackle and a linebacker in this draft. Maybe Pioli has his eyes out for the post draft releases as serviceable players to get us through and I hope it works out.

Here are the pros and cons from the scouts for something to chew on.

Pros: Much like Percy Harvin, McCluster is an all-purpose offensive threat that can hurt you running the ball out of multiple formations, as well as lining up at quarterback, receiver and return man. The obvious difference between the two is that Harvin is a much bigger and powerful player, whereas the 5’7’ 160-pound McCluster is a tiny performer, which defenders have a hard time seeing in traffic. Years ago, more NFL teams would’ve shied away from taking a shot on such a small athlete, but as the pro game has slowly evolved to where offenses are now incorporating elements of the Wildcat and various read-option plays, McCluster has some definite value.
    Cons: As a receiver, the diminutive weapon has terrific hands to catch the ball away from his body, but might have some problems getting off the line of scrimmage in traditional sets. His size may make him difficult to see on deeper routes, which probably makes McCluster a more viable option on short screens and quick out routes. His ball security has also been suspect when running in traffic. McCluster tends to hold the ball in the wrong arm (opposite sideline) when running down the sidelines. Durability issues do exist here with the senior, who has missed time with shoulder and ankle injuries.

My biggest concern with taking Berry is whether we will be able to afford him if he does pan out to be the player everyone expects him to be. KC does not have a lot of money and if the bargaining agreement does not come through, the way safeties are getting paid these days, it is very possible he is making 15 to 20 million per year alone.

We can't let that stop us from getting him though, and he was a good pick.

when people say that these players will not make the team...they are just stating ignorant and highly emotional remarks

can you really call that at this point? from what i can see all these players offer an improvement for whatever position they fill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast