Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who for Defensive Coordinator

Default Who for Defensive Coordinator

what ideas for DC does anyone have ?
    Alot of commentators think KC should stick to the 34 , get a corner and our D will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    DJ would play MLB...Houston would be a DE.

that is certainly a plausable scenario, however so far DJ has played better on the outside, Houston can play DE or used as a blitzing LB who can cover a rb and fill gaps. tuff choice he would make a very good pass rushing DE but then we would need 2 good LBs. as a OLB we only need a good DE, or we may be OK there for now.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by kylebigmac09 View Post
    Monte Kiffin
    There are rumors out there for Monte, but the guy is 72 years old and runs the Tampa 2 which now requires an outstanding pass covering LB to help cover the ever growing supply of bigger faster tight ends. As the Tamp two leaves a seam up the middle which is where we got killed when Herm was here.

I am not completely opposed to him, but chances of him staying long is very slim, not that many DC do anymore either because they are hired off a staff or fired.

Somebody fill me in. Did the the entire Chiefs defensive staff get sacked along with Romeo?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    Somebody fill me in. Did the the entire Chiefs defensive staff get sacked along with Romeo?
    According to the kc chiefs.com website, all our coaches, both offense and defense still are on the team. Romeo is the only one who has been taken off (then again Reid hasn't been put on the list either).

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    According to the kc chiefs.com website, all our coaches, both offense and defense still are on the team. Romeo is the only one who has been taken off (then again Reid hasn't been put on the list either).
    With the exception of a cpl games the D played well and improved with Gibbs. I have no problem with him. One would think an off season of studying and hell be better.

Can someone please explain why Brian Daboll wasn't fired. IMO he should have been fired before Crennel.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    With the exception of a cpl games the D played well and improved with Gibbs. I have no problem with him. One would think an off season of studying and hell be better.

Can someone please explain why Brian Daboll wasn't fired. IMO he should have been fired before Crennel.
    You don't have to worry about Daboll -- he's as good as gone. Andy Reid will implement his own offensive system pick his assistants & Daboll doesn't factor into that equation, especially with his track record.

Rob ryan just got canned in dallas. Maybe we look at him?

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    You don't have to worry about Daboll -- he's as good as gone. Andy Reid will implement his own offensive system pick his assistants & Daboll doesn't factor into that equation, especially with his track record.
    If Daboll is brought back Clark should fire Reid on the spot before 1 game
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    Rob ryan just got canned in dallas. Maybe we look at him?
    I just saw that id be interested in him hes good with the 3/4

I saw that Rob was fired with the cowboys his D ranked 14th and 19th and the story said "Ryan's future might not be as safely mapped out as he believes, at least if he's looking for a lateral move. It's hard to ignore the fact that none of Ryan's teams have posted a winning record in his nine years as a defensive coordinator."

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast