Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

Default Te'o Watch in the BCS National Championship Game

I started another thread (sorry) but figured it's relevant in this forum.

Te'o looks awful. Can we please be done w/ the #1 overal talk?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Not at all. I've said it before, taking a MLB at #1 is dumb, especially one overrated and overhyped by a national championship run that he was a Heisman candidate for. He's playing on the biggest stage against the best competition and is completely lost. Slow, easily blocked, and missing tackles.

Name a QB that hasn't thrown 2 INTs. I've seen Geno play well against great competition (look at the LSU game last year). He's the best QB prospect in this draft, and the best QBs always are a case for the #1 pick. An above average MLB never is.

Hey kettle. Te'o has been artificially inflated all year, and some good competition is actually exposing him. He is completely lost out there, man. He's a good player, but he's nowhere near the #1 overall player.
    Okay the same can be saved for Geno, his scheme and the two stud receivers he's been throwing to.

But yes te'o is getting pushed around like a little girl. At least I can admit things. I won't defend his inability to produce. But you are willing to defend actions that in the real world could cost a young man his life.

Fellas, the bottom line is this:

Teo is not worth a number 1 pick.

Not at all. I've said it before, taking a MLB at #1 is dumb, especially one overrated and overhyped by a national championship run that he was a Heisman candidate for. He's playing on the biggest stage against the best competition and is completely lost. Slow, easily blocked, and missing tackles.

Name a QB that hasn't thrown 2 INTs. I've seen Geno play well against great competition (look at the LSU game last year). He's the best QB prospect in this draft, and the best QBs always are a case for the #1 pick. An above average MLB never is.
    And name me a defensive player who hasn't had a down run here or there. It goes both ways. You want to take Teo's bad run and say see don't draft him while saying Every qbs going to have some bad throws.

Hey kettle. Te'o has been artificially inflated all year, and some good competition is actually exposing him. He is completely lost out there, man. He's a good player, but he's nowhere near the #1 overall player.

UMMMMMMM Notre Dame had a tougher schedule then West Virgina so if Teo's good competition is exposing him after 12-0 that can't say much good about Geno's 5 game losing streak
    College Football Power Ratings - College FB Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating

ND 33rd ranked schedule

West Virgina 36th
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Can we all stop arguing about quarterbacks? Andy Reid will select one with the number 1 pick. If he feels that Geno is THE guy then fine, I don't care. I trust his judgement. There is no reason to be worried about it, he knows a lot more than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Can we all stop arguing about quarterbacks? Andy Reid will select one with the number 1 pick. If he feels that Geno is THE guy then fine, I don't care. I trust his judgement. There is no reason to be worried about it, he knows a lot more than we do.
    We don't know what Reid will do with the first pick. In fact when asked today he said basicly what I have been saying this whole time

"you can't force it. That's when you get in trouble"
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Okay the same can be saved for Geno, his scheme and the two stud receivers he's been throwing to.
    Fair enough...Two months from now though nobody will be considering Te'o at #1 overall...Geno they will. If you can't see the potential oozing from Smith's game tape in his arm strength, accuracy, and pocket presence, I can't help you. He's far from a complete Luck/RGIII type prospect, but everything is there for him to develop into a very talented QB at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    We don't know what Reid will do with the first pick. In fact when asked today he said basicly what I have been saying this whole time

"you can't force it. That's when you get in trouble"

Andy Reid is pass happy, it will be his number 1 priority. We go qb in the draft.

I am just glad we finally have a regime in place that actually understands that you need a pass heavy offense in today's NFL. It gives you a chance to beat any team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And name me a defensive player who hasn't had a down run here or there. It goes both ways. You want to take Teo's bad run and say see don't draft him while saying Every qbs going to have some bad throws.

UMMMMMMM Notre Dame had a tougher schedule then West Virgina so if Teo's good competition is exposing him after 12-0 that can't say much good about Geno's 5 game losing streak
    College Football Power Ratings - College FB Team Strength of Schedule Power Rating

ND 33rd ranked schedule

West Virgina 36th
    You're not making any sense right now. Te'o hasn't made a single play tonight in almost a half of football. Spare the "Power Rating" BS. Power ratings put Notre Dame as the #1 team in football and they're getting throttled right now.

We've already covered how WVU has a bottom 3 defense in football. Wins mean nothing. Weeden beat RGIII AND Tannehill last year. Big deal.

It's as simple as this. Te'o has been overhyped by the national media all year. Anyone who watches with a clear head and no bias can see that. You don't watch film, Matt. You make evaluations based on what you hear.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast