Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Flacco

Default Joe Flacco

Another QB to consider ...

So I realized today that Flacco is a FA at the end of the season and hasn't resigned his contract yet. What are your thoughts on going after him?

I think his biggest negative is his lack of consistency. Sometimes he is only average, and sometimes he looks like he can make that next step to be close to elite. He seems to begood at protecting the football though.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    Another QB to consider ...

So I realized today that Flacco is a FA at the end of the season and hasn't resigned his contract yet. What are your thoughts on going after him?

I think his biggest negative is his lack of consistency. Sometimes he is only average, and sometimes he looks like he can make that next step to be close to elite. He seems to begood at protecting the football though.

I doubt the Ravens let him go , but , he would be a big upgrade over any we have currently.
    Which i hope is zero at this point in time.

Something to think about w/ him , he might want Zorn to remain. Zorn hasn't impressed me at qb coach. But in his defense tho he has had crap to work with in KC so far.

C'mon. You are better than this, Jap. Franchise tag and a poor draft position in a weak QB draft will prevent the Ravens from letting him go.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    C'mon. You are better than this, Jap. Franchise tag and a poor draft position in a weak QB draft will prevent the Ravens from letting him go.
    Haha, I appreciate the compliment. Didn't mean to think that he would actually hit the open market (esp. since I don't know the FA situation in Baltimore).

I was more throwing out an option to see what others would think about him here in KC. I personally don't think he has "it" to throw a franchise on his back, but is definitely slightly more than a game manager. I do know with the number of teams looking for a QB and the lack of talent in the draft, he could command a hefty price tag.

It doesn't seem likely we could get our hands on Flacco, but since QB is one of our greatest needs and I have a hard time seeing any of the QBs in the draft being of the caliber to take over from day 1, it would certainly make some sense for us to consider picking up a quality FA QB.....especially if we released Cassel.

I heard on the news we may keep Cassel
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Look what Cassel did with an offensive HC and good OC just maybe between Reid and a good OC maybe could get him back to that form. Not an endorsement just saying is all, I think his confidence is shot but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Look what Cassel did with an offensive HC and good OC just maybe between Reid and a good OC maybe could get him back to that form. Not an endorsement just saying is all, I think his confidence is shot but you never know.

No thanks i've seen enuff. You would think after all the games w/ them , even when Wiess left Cassel could have done something in the last two games that year. He didn't.

me to. he goes. I think Reid can find a lot better
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    me to. he goes. I think Reid can find a lot better
    I do to but not necessary this year, it might take two years, I feel he will draft one or two this year and unless he can find a veteran QB to run with until they get up to speed he may keep Cassel is all I am saying. I think Cassel will be as good as Vick on this team. Would you be willing to bet the farm on two rookies QB that were just drafted you could end up with two J Russell with the QB draft class in this draft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast