Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 38-10

Default 38-10

A number that will forever be etched in my memory. Called my son when we got back to the hotel. "daddy I'm sorry the chiefs lost, they'll do better next time". I told him goodnite and I would see him tomorrow.

I got got off the phone told my brother what he said and it hit me. We all say they will do better next year. He's 4 and is going to learn that being a Chiefs fan is like being a Cubs fan. Forever cursed for whatever stupid reason. I know this season we exceeded expectations. But being up 38-10 in the second half and losing. I just can't stop saying it 38 to mother effin 10. If we can't win a game like that I don't think I matters what kind of team we field.

With that said Kendrick Lewis and Dunta Robinson are flat out terrible. Kendrick Lewis takes the worst angles and gets turned around more than anyone I have seen.

I sit here watching the snow. 38 to 10 is all I can think about.

Indy had ONE receiver and we didn't cover him. Up as we were, we might had slowed down the game as much as possible but we really didn't do that. Just run the ball with Davis and let the chips fall where they may and eat the clock. But we were throwing - taking little time off the clock. I blame this loss on the coaches.

The thing is that damn 3rd QTR seemed to last forever and all the while the Colts were chipping away at the Chiefs lead. What the Chiefs really needed in that 3rd QTR was another sustained drive to a TD, but they never did get it in the 2nd half. The play-calling was suspect & they never did try that deep post off of play-action that had worked with Avery ( Jenkins has the speed to run it ) and there were too many horizontal passes that the Colts kept smothering repeatedly.

Defense was totally abysmal in the 2nd half & turned in the worst performance I've ever seen in Chiefs history. That unit need to be rebuilt & it might take a couple of seasons.

And this decline in our defense didn't just start in this game. After all, we did lose 6 of our last 8 games. We peaked at the wrong time. After losing Hali and Houston, our weak secondary was exposed exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And this decline in our defense didn't just start in this game. After all, we did lose 6 of our last 8 games. We peaked at the wrong time. After losing Hali and Houston, our weak secondary was exposed exponentially.
    So is this on Bob Sutton? Why the loyalty to Kendrick Lewis? Abdullah seems he has it upstairs, makes plays, takes good angles. I'm confused as to why Kendrick was left in there. Robinson was playing so far off of Hilton it was straight stupid. And the last Indy TD, Kendrick actually turned and started running the opposite way of the receiver, his judgment has been that poor all season. Just so mind blowingly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So is this on Bob Sutton? Why the loyalty to Kendrick Lewis? Abdullah seems he has it upstairs, makes plays, takes good angles. I'm confused as to why Kendrick was left in there. Robinson was playing so far off of Hilton it was straight stupid. And the last Indy TD, Kendrick actually turned and started running the opposite way of the receiver, his judgment has been that poor all season. Just so mind blowingly disappointed.
    Woah there! I'm not blaming this on Bob Sutton. Injuries happen, and all he can do is use the players he has. Our secondary was weak going in, and I sure didn't expect Dorsey to plug every hole we had in one season. I fully expect Lewis and Smith to be looking for employment elsewhere soon. There is no loyalty to Lewis here.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Woah there! I'm not blaming this on Bob Sutton. Injuries happen, and all he can do is use the players he has. Our secondary was weak going in, and I sure didn't expect Dorsey to plug every hole we had in one season. I fully expect Lewis and Smith to be looking for employment elsewhere soon. There is no loyalty to Lewis here.
    Not saying you are blaming bob sutton, but who on our staff thinks Kendrick Lewis is a capable starter. If he was the best we had then that's that we weren't getting everything we needed but, that dude plate an awful lot of snaps and didn't play them well at all.

words cannot express how i feel, that game cost me a tv remote, phone [which rang just at the end of the game], a door and nearly the use of my right hand. i am nearly manicly depressed and find myself still just sitting here in some sort of state of shock. i have rooted for this team with all my heart for over 50 years and now i am emotionally spent an just feel there is nothing left. i am packing up all of my chiefs stuff and putting them up the attic. i don't know if i can do this anymore.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    words cannot express how i feel, that game cost me a tv remote, phone [which rang just at the end of the game], a door and nearly the use of my right hand. i am nearly manicly depressed and find myself still just sitting here in some sort of state of shock. i have rooted for this teamwith all my heart for over 50 years and now i am emotionally spent an just feel there is nothing left. i am packing up all of my chiefs stuff and putting them up the attic. i don't know if i can do this anymore.
    Like my son said they will win next year. I don't have the heart to tell him we say that every year. I tried my best to agree and promised to take him next time. He went to his first game this year and was really upset I didn't take him on the trip to Indy. It's our legacy. I wear it with pride. Win or lose I love these chiefs and what they mean and the family they have created. There are no NFL fans like Chief Kingdom! None and though I fight back the tears of just being crushed. There's always next year. Bring it. 2014 opening day can't come soon enough

Yea I'm still emotionally screwed up I haven't gotten out of my chair except to pee since the game. I haven't eaten slept or pooped!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast