Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions

Default Chiefs 2012 season game by game predictions

Alright, Chiefs fans. Time to make your predictions for this year. Just copy and paste and edit "Ws" and "Ls."

• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon W
    • Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W (revenge match!)
    • Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W (Sanctions decimate Saints defense)
    • Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W
    • Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L
    • Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon W
    • Oct. 21: bye
    • Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L
    • Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W (revenge match 2!)
    • Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W
    • Nov. 25: Denver, noon W
    • Dec. 2: Carolina, noon W
    • Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W
    • Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W
    • Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W (revenge match 3!)
    • Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L (Chiefs rest key starters for playoffs!)

Season record: 13-3
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    Ok listen to me. They were a contender every frickn year, the one year he doesnt play the organization goes to absolute pieces. We have never seen a player do that with a nfl franchise. We have seen QB's retire and the team has struggled. But when was the last time the coach was fired, the gm was fired, most of their good players were released. People on this site dont give peyton manning the credit he deserves. I HATE denver let me be very clear, but anyone who brushes off denver like they are nothing and thinks we will sweep them is a fool
    LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT. peyton manning was more to the colts than just a qb. he was their o- cordinator and qb put into one. that is why no other team has fallen so hard in nfl history by missing just one player. it is not not rocket science. the colts gave him way to much control of the offensive playcalling. along with no running game and a daggert through the hart of the season by losing manning is why the colts fell so hard.if anyone thinks he is the same player he was 2 years ago and denvers season is going to be a fairy tell ending.well the cold hard truth of them not having an actual whole team around him. is going to hit them hard

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT. peyton manning was more to the colts than just a qb. he was their o- cordinator and qb put into one. that is why no other team has fallen so hard in nfl history by missing just one player. it is not not rocket science. the colts gave him way to much control of the offensive playcalling. along with no running game and a daggert through the hart of the season by losing manning is why the colts fell so hard.if anyone thinks he is the same player he was 2 years ago and denvers season is going to be a fairy tell ending.well the cold hard truth of them not having an actual whole team around him. is going to hit them hard
    Lets not forget he took all the snaps thus providing little opportunities for his backups which was evident this season.

Dont get me wrong hes an awesome qb but he isnt the best to play the position and im still pissed he wouldnt even visit here and we were the first to offer a contract that gets me all sorts of twisted and makes me wanna drink some rumpy.

Because that year we played a bunch of crappy teams
    You have an excuse for every time he does well, but you give him ALL of the blame when the team plays poorly. You are completely biased and irrational.

It's not even worth discussing with you anymore.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Peyton couldnt beat new england or san diego, with the exception of his one superbowl win against the rex grossman led bears peyton isnt anywhere near the level of a joe montana, john elway, tom brady, terry bradshaw, he is excellent yes but there are a number of quarter backs who are better.

You base your success rate on superbowls, dudes beem to and only wone one, tren dilfer got a ring bro....so the peyton praise is once again hypocritical per ur norm.
    So, if given the choice between taking Dan Marino, and Trent Dilfer in a draft, you are trying to ell us that Trent Dilfer is the better QB, and you pass on Marino, all because his teams never managed to bring it all together, and Dilfer's team was able to carry him to a Super Bowl once?

The QB does the QBs job. And Payton Manning does the QBs job at least as well asTroy Aikman, Joe Montana, or John Elway ever did.

You can't give a QB credit, nor blame, for making INTs on defense, because they are not doing it. They are on the sideline when that happens. You can't blame them for missing a block, because they are not being asked to block, you can't block with the ball in your hands.

There is far more to NFL football than just The Super Bowl. Hence the 31 teams that are not champions each year.

• Sept. 9: Atlanta, noon L - I expect a slow start here, and The Falcons are an established team that has been together for a while now, so there is little adjustment time needed for them.

• Sept. 16: at Buffalo, noon W - Not this time Pal. We slept on the second game of the year last year, and it really hurt us for the entire season. They will be ready for this like no other, especially if we come in at 0-1. Chan had his revenge too, so that is diminished.

• Sept. 23: at New Orleans, noon W - The Saints will not be trashed for the whole year, but they may not be "rolling" right out of the gates. There are changes that The Sainst will have to work through, plus an image to have to defend from the controversy and that makes them very vulnerable, especially early in the year.

• Sept. 30: San Diego, noon W - 2-1 at this point, with a chance to really establish ourselves for the year. These games with The Chargers have always been good ones. But I see San Diego as a team going the opposite direct from The Chiefs, and homefield advantage is big at Arrowhead.

• Oct. 7: Baltimore, noon L - If we are 3-1 coming into this one, overconfidence could need to be put in check. I think this game is extremely winnable for The Chiefs, especially if Charles is cut loose against them. But I also know that this game is easily losable too.

• Oct. 14: at Tampa Bay, noon L - It would not be a KC Chiefs season, if it did not allow all the haters to run in screaming how they were a fluke all along. So this game, on the road, gives the haters a chance to run their mouths and demand that everybody gets fired and what-not.

• Oct. 21: bye Just an extra week for all the arguing to get heated here.

• Oct. 28: Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W - No big accomplishment here. This will not stop the calls for everybodys heads.

• Nov. 1: at San Diego, 7:20 p.m. L - The Chargers are still no slouch, and it keeps the heat on. But all the whining is about to get silenced...

• Nov. 12: at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m. W - The Chiefs play well against The STeelers. And The Chiefs are a much improved team, while The Steelers are going to be trying to just maintain the long-term success they have always been built on.

• Nov. 18: Cincinnati, noon W - Homecoming, after a big Monday night win? The Bengals still need to prove to me that they are actually a good team, but I don't think it matters at this point. The Chiefs are getting confident, even while keeping their feet on the ground. The fact is that this is a pretty good football team.

• Nov. 25: Denver, noon W - Manning has gone through the adjustment to his new team, and is now looking to lead the chaarge to the playoffs. Unfortunately, The Chiefs have been expecting him all along, and he is hand-cuffed by Romeo, as he often is.

• Dec. 2: Carolina, noon L - 7-4, and playing at home? All the fans will be overlooking this one, and something will go wrong. But the haters will be quiet here, they must now wait until the season ends, because you just can't say much when the team is in position to clinch a playoff spot. But they finally see hope again, after having had to sit through a three game sewwp of playoff teams.

• Dec. 9: at Cleveland, noon W - Peyton Hillis scores big this week. But worse for The Browns, it takes their defensive focus off of Charles, and the running game just explodes.

• Dec. 16: at Oakland, 3:05 p.m. W - The Chiefs finally get back to doing what they do best, and that is stringing together wins against The Raiders.

• Dec. 23: Indianapolis, noon W - move to 10-5, and clinch the division.

• Dec. 30: at Denver, 3:15 p.m. L - Not that The Chiefs sit their starters, or anything. But they have little to play for, and the Broncos are hoping for some help to go along with this win, to put them in the playoffs.(They will not get it)

Now, that's just how I see the season going, not really how I think each game would go. But I had fun with it. I'll probably have a different season prediction after I see what we do in the draft, and the second FA period.

But what I expect of The Chiefs is to do so well that everybody has to stop the complaining, but not so well that the Cassel haters would have to admit much. They will still get to blame him for the 6 losses, and give all credit for the 11 wins to the team that "carried him" and his 3,668 Passing Yards.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-21-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, if given the choice between taking Dan Marino, and Trent Dilfer in a draft, you are trying to ell us that Trent Dilfer is the better QB, and you pass on Marino, all because his teams never managed to bring it all together, and Dilfer's team was able to carry him to a Super Bowl once?

The QB does the QBs job. And Payton Manning does the QBs job at least as well asTroy Aikman, Joe Montana, or John Elway ever did.

You can't give a QB credit, nor blame, for making INTs on defense, because they are not doing it. They are on the sideline when that happens. You can't blame them for missing a block, because they are not being asked to block, you can't block with the ball in your hands.

There is far more to NFL football than just The Super Bowl. Hence the 31 teams that are not chnoampions each year.
    Not at all. Peyton is awesome..untilthe playoffs. His record indicates it. What happened when joe montana and dan marino went head to head, the big time players dont have mediocre games when it counts. I dont think joe montana and peyton belong i. the samr conversation....tom brady yes peyton no. Just my opinion.

So you are saying Manning shouldn't hold up that means jamaal charles and berry won't either?
    I didn't say he shouldn't hold up I just said there is a real chance that he might not. Yes there is that same chance with Berry and Charles but that chance is higher with Manning. Charles and Berry are both NOT going on being 40 years old. They have not had 4 surgeries. All that goes into play. Manning could be great for the donkeys theres no denying that. But there is a real chance that it could also blow up in there faces. They have a poor backup plan if that's the case. There backup lost to Tyler Palko. Do you really think that's a good backup?
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Not at all. Peyton is awesome..untilthe playoffs. His record indicates it. What happened when joe montana and dan marino went head to head, the big time players dont have mediocre games when it counts. I dont think joe montana and peyton belong i. the samr conversation....tom brady yes peyton no. Just my opinion.
    I just think you are giving far too much credit/blame to a single player.

W/L is a team statistic, whereas passing stats tend to be far more relative to the play of the QB, as it removes the entire defense, all run-blocking, and most of the rushing from a season, or game, and deals with happenes more directly as a result of the QB's play.

I mean you included Terry Bradshaw, who was not a real good QB. But the rest of the team was not going to suddenly fall to the worst record in the league, if he missed a year.

Anyway.... Not trying to attack ya. Just thinking you are putting far too much on the shoulders of some (Manning/Marino), while putting very little on the other (Bradshaw). It just seems like the scale you are using is way off balance.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I just think you are giving far too much credit/blame to a single player.

W/L is a team statistic, whereas passing stats tend to be far more relative to the play of the QB, as it removes the entire defense, all run-blocking, and most of the rushing from a season, or game, and deals with happenes more directly as a result of the QB's play.

I mean you included Terry Bradshaw, who was not a real good QB. But the rest of the team was not going to suddenly fall to the worst record in the gue, if he missed a year.
    Anyway.... Not trying to attack ya. Just thinking you are putting far too much on the shoulders of some (Manning/Marino),while putting very little on the other (Bradshaw). It just seems like the scale you are using is way off balance.
    We as a society measure champions by winning the big games and terry bradshaw won several superbowls. And yes the scale nay be off but peyton is not gonna save the .broncos as my man orton eludes to.
    Last edited by chief31; 04-24-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast